QAL Videos

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Jake

Re: QAL Videos

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:27 am
Why? Are you not able to grow one and you are jealous? :lol:
Ever since he grew one, he’s puckered his lips and looks as if he’s whiffing up the scent of a butthole. Overbite appearance. Ever since, he’s sung with an overbite.

And why did you post a vid instead of an explanation on my question when quoting me?

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Why did they start performing Machines? Because it’s a great song and an audience showstopper. The best way to know that is to see a video! I loved it. My question is why did they stop performing it in the later shows of the tour?

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:02 am
Why did they start performing Machines? Because it’s a great song and an audience showstopper. The best way to know that is to see a video! I loved it. My question is why did they stop performing it in the later shows of the tour?
The lyrics are meaningless without explanation. That song wasn’t even worth an A-side when Freddie himself chose the singles 😂

What’s funny is that you could care less about who wrote the song, you don’t care about the emotion of a track. Lambert could sing anything, and your 78 year old (heart) would love it.

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:02 am
Adam could sing an arrest warrant, and you’d think of it as a #1 hit. You don’t have an Adam track you don’t like,

Your favorite QAL songs are the ones Freddie wrote... by himself... btw

He didn’t need training wheels like Adam

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Funny how whenever Adam gets a lot of attention (the documentary is really upping the QAL interest and Adam solo as well) some people go overboard to put him down. Green is so not a good color on some.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Jake, why did Machines need to be a greatest hits track in order to be included in the QAL play list? I thought that was a complaint that all they play are the greatest hits and not the deep cuts. I have had no problem understanding the meaning of the lyrics but need an explanation for your remark that Adam needed “training wheels.” The exact opposite has been true. Brian and Roger and Spike have all said how stunned they were that Adam could step right in and with very little rehearsal time pull off the performance at the MTV EMA’s in Belfast in 2011 and the one in front of 500,000 people in the Kiev Independence Square In 2012.

I had no idea who wrote Machines until I looked it up and see it was B and R, not Freddie. So what is your point about that?

One more. There IS a track I don’t like and ironically it is the only one for which he got a Grammy nomination and was written by hitmaker Pink.

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am
Jake, why did Machines need to be a greatest hits track in order to be included in the QAL play list? I thought that was a complaint that all they play are the greatest hits and not the deep cuts. I have had no problem understanding the meaning of the lyrics but need an explanation for your remark that Adam needed “training wheels.” The exact opposite has been true. Brian and Roger and Spike have all said how stunned they were that Adam could step right in and with very little rehearsal time pull off the performance at the MTV EMA’s in Belfast in 2011 and the one in front of 500,000 people in the Kiev Independence Square In 2012.

I had no idea who wrote Machines until I looked it up and see it was B and R, not Freddie. So what is your point about that?

One more. There IS a track I don’t like and ironically it is the only one for which he got a Grammy nomination and was written by hitmaker Pink.
Strange to add. They should have added Staying Power... that’s more like something Adam would do.

Jake

Post by Jake »

In fact, I’m surprised they don’t do Body Language. I could see Adam getting into that.

Jake

Post by Jake »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 am
Funny how whenever Adam gets a lot of attention (the documentary is really upping the QAL interest and Adam solo as well) some people go overboard to put him down. Green is so not a good color on some.
A girl I know personally had messaged me about the documentary and asked if I saw it.

Maybe Adam’s next single will be a number one hit.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Jake wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:24 pm
In fact, I’m surprised they don’t do Body Language. I could see Adam getting into that.
Many Hot Space songs I'm surprised it wasn't given a go after all this time. It might have suited AL much better than the harder rock songs, I dare say.