Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Post by Black Wings »

I think it's very likely it means the end of Q+AL touring.

whitequeen20

Re: Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Post by whitequeen20 »

No idea why you imagine it would be the end of touring, Mick Jagger had heart surgery and was back touring three months later, Brian has nearly a year to recover and get fit again.

His disc problem is the bigger issue regarding touring but if he exercises and keeps up with physio and sees his osteopath regularly there's every chance he'll recover without needing surgery.

Time will tell but I personally doubt it.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:55 pm
No idea why you imagine it would be the end of touring, Mick Jagger had heart surgery and was back touring three months later, Brian has nearly a year to recover and get fit again.

His disc problem is the bigger issue regarding touring but if he exercises and keeps up with physio and sees his osteopath regularly there's every chance he'll recover without needing surgery.

Brian isn't Jagger of course.
What truly shocked me even before the heart attack was known about, is that in Brian's own words he felt paralyzed by pain. That's why I think there will be no more tours. I will hold my hands up if I'm wrong, believe me, I hope I'm wrong.
ETA ~ Brian said he felt his brain was paralyzed by pain.
Last edited by Black Wings on Wed May 27, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

To be honest, I think that Coronavirus might be the end of them touring, anyway.
For Brian's health issues, I think he will continue to play. Coronavirus + Brian's health might be a reason to push them to go to the studio, if they want to continue to play together... When Freddie didn't want to tour anymore, they went to the studio.
I wouldn't be surprised if Roger is writing lots of material at the moment. For himself, for QAL, or whatever...
Maybe, as the plans changed, they could decide to release a QAL live album, finally.
So there are still many possibilities, even if they can't tour, because of Coronavirus or Brian's health.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:04 pm
To be honest, I think that Coronavirus might be the end of them touring, anyway.
For Brian's health issues, I think he will continue to play. Coronavirus + Brian's health might be a reason to push them to go to the studio, if they want to continue to play together... When Freddie didn't want to tour anymore, they went to the studio.
I wouldn't be surprised if Roger is writing lots of material at the moment. For himself, for QAL, or whatever...
Maybe, as the plans changed, they could decide to release a QAL live album, finally.
So there are still many possibilities, even if they can't tour, because of Coronavirus or Brian's health.
I don't expect him to give up playing, but I feel these tours are over.
I can't see a Q+AL album for many reasons.
Again, if I'm wrong, I will hold my hands up. I will actually be glad to be wrong, but Brian's recent comments and statements is what is giving me a few things to think about.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 4:01 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Brian isn't Jagger of course.
What truly shocked me even before the heart attack was known about, is that in Brian's own words he felt paralyzed by pain. That's why I think there will be no more tours. I will hold my hands up if I'm wrong, believe me, I hope I'm wrong.
ETA ~ Brian said he felt his brain was paralyzed by pain.
He's not Jagger but he's slightly younger than Mick and keeps himself fit so I see no reason he couldn't still tour if he want's to. He may decided he doesn't but I doubt he'll be making any snap decisions at the moment while he's still in pain.

When he talked about his brain being paralyzed by pain he was meaning the pain from a prolapsed disc which is unlike anything he's experienced before and he wasn't able to deal with it the way he'd normally deal with pain, he hates taking pain killers and they had him on some heavy duty one's, he's off them now and trying to deal with it in other ways so hopefully the physio and other things he's doing will work out for him but he's feeling much better since coming off the drugs anyway, they can really mess with your head and mood.

No one knows how things will be for getting back to touring for anyone after the virus situation so that's up in the air at the moment. As to an album, not really sure, Roger would be up for it but not sure about Brian & Adam, they've said no in the past but maybe things might change. I could definitely see them releasing a live tour DVD at some point.

Jake

Post by Jake »

I hope Adam is figuring out his finances in case Brian decides he doesn’t want to tour anymore.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Maybe it's for the best he can't tour right now. Who knows how he would be if the tour started recently as planned. He has issues, but I think so far it's too early to say he can't do this or that anymore. He for sure doesn't want to give up touring I think, so he'll do everything to get better again. The good thing is, he has a lot of time now and money obviously isn't an issue either - he can get the best advice and training, if improvements are possible for his issues, he has all he needs now and hopefully will feel way more better next year and be able to tour again.

It's always hard to tell how health develops at this age...Deep Purple announced their 2017 tour originally as "The Long Goodbye Tour" since some of them had health issues and didn't think they're able to do it a lot longer. But they played lots of shows every year since and now they're much better again and had a huge summer tour and new album planned, which both is now postponed of course, but will still be happening.

So who knows, maybe this much time off is even turning out to be a good thing for his health in the long run (and also for other older bands), maybe even making touring possible even longer than what would have been possible if he continued right now. He knows now to be careful and will do everything to be as fit as possible in the near future.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Ray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 am
Maybe it's for the best he can't tour right now. Who knows how he would be if the tour started recently as planned. He has issues, but I think so far it's too early to say he can't do this or that anymore. He for sure doesn't want to give up touring I think, so he'll do everything to get better again. The good thing is, he has a lot of time now and money obviously isn't an issue either - he can get the best advice and training, if improvements are possible for his issues, he has all he needs now and hopefully will feel way more better next year and be able to tour again.

It's always hard to tell how health develops at this age...Deep Purple announced their 2017 tour originally as "The Long Goodbye Tour" since some of them had health issues and didn't think they're able to do it a lot longer. But they played lots of shows every year since and now they're much better again and had a huge summer tour and new album planned, which both is now postponed of course, but will still be happening.

So who knows, maybe this much time off is even turning out to be a good thing for his health in the long run (and also for other older bands), maybe even making touring possible even longer than what would have been possible if he continued right now. He knows now to be careful and will do everything to be as fit as possible in the near future.
Yeah I agree, it could have been a disaster if the tour this year had gone ahead and I know Brian was feeling pretty down about it being cancelled but it worked out for the best and now with the health scare I imagine his priority will be getting healthy and hopefully sorting out his back problem so fingers crossed he'll be back better than ever next year.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Jake wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 am
I hope Adam is figuring out his finances in case Brian decides he doesn’t want to tour anymore.
Adam's finances will be fine, no need to worry about him.