Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Re: Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:57 am
Ray wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 am
Maybe it's for the best he can't tour right now. Who knows how he would be if the tour started recently as planned. He has issues, but I think so far it's too early to say he can't do this or that anymore. He for sure doesn't want to give up touring I think, so he'll do everything to get better again. The good thing is, he has a lot of time now and money obviously isn't an issue either - he can get the best advice and training, if improvements are possible for his issues, he has all he needs now and hopefully will feel way more better next year and be able to tour again.

It's always hard to tell how health develops at this age...Deep Purple announced their 2017 tour originally as "The Long Goodbye Tour" since some of them had health issues and didn't think they're able to do it a lot longer. But they played lots of shows every year since and now they're much better again and had a huge summer tour and new album planned, which both is now postponed of course, but will still be happening.

So who knows, maybe this much time off is even turning out to be a good thing for his health in the long run (and also for other older bands), maybe even making touring possible even longer than what would have been possible if he continued right now. He knows now to be careful and will do everything to be as fit as possible in the near future.
Yeah I agree, it could have been a disaster if the tour this year had gone ahead and I know Brian was feeling pretty down about it being cancelled but it worked out for the best and now with the health scare I imagine his priority will be getting healthy and hopefully sorting out his back problem so fingers crossed he'll be back better than ever next year.
This might come out wrong, though it's ot meant to sound awful, so forgive me if it is. With Brian having his issues, I'm actually glad the tour didn't go ahead. Brian needs the time now to recover and rest right now. I can't help but to this kind if Brian had a heart attack onstage or something...it's not easy to think about the what if's.
When I read the news about Brian's heart attack, it made me emotional, going through something like that and his other pain isn't easy, nothing to mess with. I'm sure he has the best of health care, but even that's no guarantee of anything.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

The last leg of the Rhapsody Tour in Asia and Oceania was a whopper, especially in that pouring down rain. They fulfilled their goal of putting out the Freddie biopic with more success and awards than they could have ever imagined. So, if they have to stop now, they have done way more than had been planned. I imagine they would like to have some kind of a 50 year anniversary celebration, but they don’t have to tour to do that.

The past 11 years since they first teamed up on May 20, 2009 has been more than Brian, Roger, Adam or anyone could have ever expected!

I personally have enjoyed them immensely and greatly appreciate the joy and fun they have brought into my life!

Jake

Post by Jake »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am
Jake wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:27 am
I hope Adam is figuring out his finances in case Brian decides he doesn’t want to tour anymore.
Adam's finances will be fine, no need to worry about him.
I’m not so sure. He’s advertising his latest album again.

Jake

Post by Jake »

I thought Brian seemed stressed on the tour. Plus, look at that incident when he lost his cool while some guy was filming him and others. Brian should probably make a new album.

montavilla

Post by montavilla »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm
The last leg of the Rhapsody Tour in Asia and Oceania was a whopper, especially in that pouring down rain. They fulfilled their goal of putting out the Freddie biopic with more success and awards than they could have ever imagined. So, if they have to stop now, they have done way more than had been planned. I imagine they would like to have some kind of a 50 year anniversary celebration, but they don’t have to tour to do that.

The past 11 years since they first teamed up on May 20, 2009 has been more than Brian, Roger, Adam or anyone could have ever expected!

I personally have enjoyed them immensely and greatly appreciate the joy and fun they have brought into my life!
I agree with you on all counts, Carol. If it ends, it was a great run.

If they can tour again -- maybe I'll finally get to see them.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

montavilla wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:20 am
carolb57 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:02 pm

I agree with you on all counts, Carol. If it ends, it was a great run.

If they can tour again -- maybe I'll finally get to see them.
I thought you saw them in Chicago the same time when I first saw them!

montavilla

Post by montavilla »

Nope. I live in Portland, which apparently did not show up for the QPR concert. I doubt they'll ever come here again.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

They had 27 dates planned for the European Tour that would have started last Saturday and ending in July. Because of the pandemic, they pushed it back to the same time period in 2021, but it looks very unlikely that will happen now. God bless Brian and Roger, they have kept up a schedule that would be hard for 20-year-olds to handle! They have been absolutely amazing!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I don’t think the dates next year are unlikely to happen. It’s still a year to go. Brian’s heart shouldn’t be a problem now. His back is more of a problem, but after Brian knows now, what it is, he sounded optimistic.
His main problem had been the severe pain for a week or so, that he had to endure, because he had been diagnosed wrongly.

As longs as Brian can do it, the tour is going to happen. All tickets are sold after all.
If they are going to book another tour after that, THAT is a completely different question.

grumpy49

Post by grumpy49 »

Why should Brian's heart issues stop them touring? I know loads of people who have had stents and are healthier than they've been for years. Some even doing full time physical work. He also has lots of time to recover, but he was a fit man before this happened. What's the issue?