Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
carolb57

Re: Could Brian's recent health issues be the end of Q+AL?

Post by carolb57 »

grumpy49, thanks for those encouraging words and I apologize to Dr. Bri and everyone for having so little faith. I want him to be well and not overdo anything that would shorten his life. I was worried about him 8 years ago when he had just recovered from knee surgery but he still ended up running down the catwalk during some subsequent shows. Hoping we can continue to enjoy these special guys and their fabulous shows!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

grumpy49 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:54 pm
Why should Brian's heart issues stop them touring? I know loads of people who have had stents and are healthier than they've been for years. Some even doing full time physical work. He also has lots of time to recover, but he was a fit man before this happened. What's the issue?
One thing I've found out in the past few years, is that everyone reacts and heals differently. Brian had a "small heart attack" his own words, but dealing with that and life after it might not be easy for him.
No lie, even before it was known about his heart attack, I was...and still am concerned about him. Not coming from a place of hate by the way.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

grumpy49 wrote:
Why should Brian's heart issues stop them touring? I know loads of people who have had stents and are healthier than they've been for years. Some even doing full time physical work. He also has lots of time to recover, but he was a fit man before this happened. What's the issue?
I agree, once he's got over the shock of having that happen I'm sure he'll be itching to get back out there, he posted a message to Bologna which would have been the first show of the tour and said we will be with you again so I don't think he's planning on cancelling next years shows at the moment.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 am
grumpy49 wrote:
I agree, once he's got over the shock of having that happen I'm sure he'll be itching to get back out there, he posted a message to Bologna which would have been the first show of the tour and said we will be with you again so I don't think he's planning on cancelling next years shows at the moment.
That is so awesome that he has such a positive attitude!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 8:47 am
grumpy49 wrote:
Things can change pretty damn quickly with heart issues, I think that needs to be pointed out. Sure Brian is itching to get get back out there...but things can change, he is ow likeky at risk for another heart attack. Many ups and downs s happen at a time like this, during and afterwards. I'd rather he be safe than sorry, even if it means Q+AL may never tour again, because his health comes first.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Only future will tell how this turns out. Might be he has further health problems and can't tour anymore, or might be that he's totally fine again next year and continues as ever before. We'll have to wait, there is no way to predict this right now with any certainty. I just hope the best for him and his health - as much as I want to see him one more time, if he can't do the shows due to health reasons, it's (obviously) more important for him to take care of himself.

I hope he can return to the stage next year, that's also what he wants. I'm sure he'll make the right decision for himself.

Jake

Post by Jake »

He doesn’t seem the most optimistic.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Jake wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:53 am
He doesn’t seem the most optimistic.
I agree, he doesn't seem as positive as he once was. Such a shame. It's obviously not good for his mental health.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Saw his instagram video. I hope he's ok.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Wish I could see his Instagram video but I don't have an account.

Edit: I think I found the video on Youtube...