The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert

carolb57

Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by carolb57 »

@brianmaycom "THE SHOW MUST GO ON" Now Streaming on Netflix.
Countries listed as UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
More info: tiny.cc/q0muqz
@QueenWillRock
@adamlambert
@netflix

http://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/que ... 0b.html#21

Frank

Post by Frank »

A pleasant surprise, indeed. Will probably pop it on one of these days. Excellent documentary.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Julie Pickford
“Just watched #TheShowMustGoOn Queen with Adam Lambert @netflix. Absolutely brilliant. Best thing I have seen in ages. @adamlambert is a rare talent of a nice guy with the best voice of a generation. ❤️

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Mark Antony
“@adamlambert @QueenWillRock Just watched Queen and Adam Lambert. What an awesome story. You are not Freddy, thank god 4 that. Only 1 freddy ever. U r Adam Lambert and boy do you bring a new and awesome chapter to the story of Queen. Just outstanding”

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:23 pm
Mark Antony
“@adamlambert @QueenWillRock Just watched Queen and Adam Lambert. What an awesome story. You are not Freddy, thank god 4 that. Only 1 freddy ever. U r Adam Lambert and boy do you bring a new and awesome chapter to the story of Queen. Just outstanding”
After all this time, there are people who can't spell Freddie's name correctly. :roll:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Here’s another one:

THE CELTIC DESTROYER!
“@adamlambert I want to apologise for not giving you an honest chance. Freddy is my favorite singer and voice EVER! Watching this special on Netflix, I am honored to say I as a fan of Queen welcome you into my heart. Thank you for rejuvenating the most unique band in the world.”

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:01 am
Here’s another one:

THE CELTIC DESTROYER!
“@adamlambert I want to apologise for not giving you an honest chance. Freddy is my favorite singer and voice EVER! Watching this special on Netflix, I am honored to say I as a fan of Queen welcome you into my heart. Thank you for rejuvenating the most unique band in the world.”

Favorite singer and voice ever but couldn't spell Freddie's name right? OK then.

I actually watched it on Tuesday evening, my thoughts about haven't changed. Actually more than ever it seems as if it was done to market AL.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

What I like about this documentary is that it provides a good history of what happened following Freddie’s death that I hadn’t seen before. Interviews with Freddie himself, the Freddie tribute and how John, Brian and Roger were personally affected.

It IS about Queen + Adam Lambert so, of course, it is about how the collaboration came about with, of all people, a contestant from American Idol. I don’t think the motive was to promote Adam, but to tell the story of their successful 8 years together!

And, if it turns out they can no longer tour due to health issues or because of this horrible pandemic, thank goodness they filmed the documentary while they could.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Here’s another one. I guess a lot of Queen fans use the Freddy spelling:

Scott Mazzella
“I just watched “The Show Must Go On” on Netflix. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had no idea @adamlambert was such a genuine soul. And I always enjoy catching up with @DrBrianMay and Roger Taylor. The juxtapositions of old Freddy interviews - perfect. Thanks guys for the ray of light!”