Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:38 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm
the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:24 pm

There were two eye comments right before We Will Rock You. I want to say the song was Radio Gaga.
Makes me glad I didn't read the comments. When I used to watch periscopes of the concerts, AL used to get a few comments about his looks, at times it got a bit gross, and it put me off.
I‘ve copied a good lot of the comments in the thread about the concert. I read many, many more of them the next day, before they disappeared. I still cannot remember reading anything about Adam’s eyes, but I didn’t see everything.
By far the most comments had been about Freddie. It was a good, happy read with many mentions of Brian, Roger and John as well as Adam. It were definitely at least 90% Queen fans commenting, not Adam fans.
Why copy them? And why post them here? I don't get it, honestly. I don't copy and paste every tweet I see about Elton John for example, and nor would I want to.
I hope the comments you saw and copied spelled Freddie's name right. ;)

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:58 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:53 pm
Whoa! Are you guys talking about the YouTube show with various outdoor performances from all over the world?

You are posting in the wrong place, as usual. This thread is about The Show Must Go On documentary currently being shown in various countries on Netflix.

You are mixing up two completely different entities leading to much confusion.
I was mainly talking about your quotes praising Adam. I did confuse the two because I thought the concert was on Netflix.
The documentary was and maybe still is on Netflix, the concert was streamed on youtube.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:22 pm
Nicki wrote:
Black Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Makes me glad I didn't read the comments. When I used to watch periscopes of the concerts, AL used to get a few comments about his looks, at times it got a bit gross, and it put me off.
I‘ve copied a good lot of the comments in the thread about the concert. I read many, many more of them the next day, before they disappeared. I still cannot remember reading anything about Adam’s eyes, but I didn’t see everything.
By far the most comments had been about Freddie. It was a good, happy read with many mentions of Brian, Roger and John as well as Adam. It were definitely at least 90% Queen fans commenting, not Adam fans.
Why copy them? And why post them here? I don't get it, honestly. I don't copy and paste every tweet I see about Elton John for example, and nor would I want to.
The explanation is here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=215&start=50

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Yes, the streamed YouTube concert is in another QAL thread called, “Virtual Concert.”

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Nicki wrote:

The explanation is here:
I’m talking about the comments that were going on during the concert. The ones that would flash up on the right of the screen. There was an option to watch it with out without comments. They were mostly just heart emojis and two or three word comments.
Last edited by the milkman on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 pm
Nicki wrote:
Black Wings wrote:

The explanation is here:
I’m talking about the comments that were going on during the concert. The ones that would flash up on the right of the screen. There was an option to watch it with out without comments. The were mostly just heart emojis and two or three word comments.
Wish I knew about the option to have watched without the comments. And I wish that was available for every show.
Some comments are just terrible, I remember on one periscope a Glambert making fun of Freddie because of his teeth. Saying that AL is so much better in every way than Freddie.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 pm
Nicki wrote:
Black Wings wrote:

The explanation is here:
I’m talking about the comments that were going on during the concert. The ones that would flash up on the right of the screen. There was an option to watch it with out without comments. They were mostly just heart emojis and two or three word comments.
I‘ve watched that as well. ;)
Do you really think the people commenting there have been others than in the comments? No.
It was similar, although the short ones had been much shorter, mostly hearts and short mentions of the songs, a thank you and so on. They ran so fast, that I was barely able to make them out, something between 500 and 1000 in a minute. If two of them made you close the channel, you didn’t want to watch the concert in the first place, right?

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Honey,

I never said they made me change the channel. I just watched it for a couple of minutes and I saw those two. That’s all I said. Is this just a plan to bait me to comment so you can complain about my comments? It’s just like the acne scar comment I made. I made it and got accused of lying about it. I posted pics of him that night to prove it and people complained. You Glamberts are a trip.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 pm
Honey,

I never said they made me change the channel. I just watched it for a couple of minutes and I saw those two. That’s all I said. Is this just a plan to bait me to comment so you can complain about my comments? It’s just like the acne scar comment I made. I made it and get accused of not seeing it. I posted pics of him that night and people complain. You Glamberts are a trip.
Oh, now I‘m „honey“. :roll:
You made fun about 2 comments and made it sound as if many of the comments had been like that. You are free to do so.
But I don’t have to like that, so I stated my point of view and I can even provide some proof that the comments that night had in the very most cases been not like these. That’s it. There had been thousands of comments from Queen fans all over the world. Many people from Japan, South and Middle America sent greetings. It was fantastic to see and read.

And what about „you glamberts“?
It should be „we Queen fans“.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Black Wings wrote:
Nicki wrote:

The explanation is here:
I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish by posting those, it's not as if those tweets that have been posted by you and carolb57 lately likely will not change anyone's mind here. Do you not realise how startling it is to read that AL is the angel sent from heaven type of thing, Freddie would approve of AL, on a Queen board of all places.
By the way, one of the comments you copied and pasted spelled Freddie's name wrong. I am honestly at the point now not believing anyone who does spell his name wrong can be that much of a Queen or Freddie fan. You can give excuses it's because of an iPhone, getting letters mixed up as the "reason" why it's spelled wrong, but even the author Scott Mazzella didn't know how he got it wrong. He said that much under his tweet by the way.

Again, I'm a big fan of Elton John and I don't or never would post every glowing tweet I come across, about him... or anyone. It's something I've never have done or ever will do. You can bet on that. I get stick for going on about Freddie's name wrong for "pages and pages", but post after post of tweets that mostly focus on AL...ok then.