Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:47 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Well Adam didn't make the documentary so whatever was included or not wasn't his decision. Personally I thought it was great and apparently so do loads of other people thankfully, only problem now is it will be harder to get tickets to their shows.
I'm not surprised you think it was great. I disagree that it was great, brilliant, that AL is an angel sent from heaven, etc etc.
Yea many people think it's great, am I supposed to think that way as well? Is it mandatory to think it's great?
As for tickets to the shows, again the way things are now, who even knows if there will be more shows next year in light of recent events?
Just as you're allowed to think it's not great I'm allowed to think it is, I didn't say you had to agree with me or the rest of the people who are loving it, to each their own.

Hopefully the shows can go ahead but if not I'm sure they'll postpone them and fit them in the year after. Everyone's in the same boat at the moment regarding touring, it's just a wait and see game at the moment.
For one thing, I've never said you or anyone wasn't allowed to think it's great. Do you see me calling people small minded for thinking it's great? No, you don't. No one is going no agree on everything, but after watching it again not long ago, I'm standing by my views about it. Even if that means I disagree with the people who think it's great, brilliant etc.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

We are praying for the pandemic to end and for everyone to have good health as long as possible!

There have been over 200 QAL shows since 2012 so I would say it has been a great run!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:

Well Adam didn't make the documentary so whatever was included or not wasn't his decision. Personally I thought it was great and apparently so do loads of other people thankfully, only problem now is it will be harder to get tickets to their shows.
With all the people tweeting about how they now have to see them in concert, I always think, that it’s too bad, that most of the concerts NEXT year are already sold out. And if it’s not sold out, the tickets left are the very expensive ones.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:00 pm
We are praying for the pandemic to end and for everyone to have good health as long as possible!

There have been over 200 QAL shows since 2012 so I would say it has been a great run!
200 shows and his solo career has not taken off. Says it all. People are going to listen to and watch Queen songs. You could put anyone on stage with Brian and Roger and people would go. Lambert might be a good fit, even the best available but that does not mean people go, watch and then go home and buy his music.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:07 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:

With all the people tweeting about how they now have to see them in concert, I always think, that it’s too bad, that most of the concerts NEXT year are already sold out. And if it’s not sold out, the tickets left are the very expensive ones.
Yeah I checked the Manchester show and it's sold out, really hoping some last minute tickets are released if the shows do go ahead. They do tend to keep a few back that they release on the day or day before for most shows.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

JLP wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 pm
carolb57 wrote:

200 shows and his solo career has not taken off. Says it all. People are going to listen to and watch Queen songs. You could put anyone on stage with Brian and Roger and people would go. Lambert might be a good fit, even the best available but that does not mean people go, watch and then go home and buy his music.
Queen fans tend to want Queen music, even Brian, Roger and Freddie didn't have great solo success and they are Queen so I wouldn't expect loads of people to go and buy his music but some are checking it out and it gets a boost every time he does any appearance so his solo career is doing fine, he's not trying to be a Bieber or Swift. They weren't as successful with Paul so I doubt you could put just anyone on stage and have the same success.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

JLP wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

I don’t know, why you’re suddenly talking about Adam’s solo career in this topic.
But since you are, I think there might be a lot of Queen fans very happy that Adam‘s solo career has not taken off (too far). Just as it is, there are fans from all over the world asking for more and more QAL shows. Adam would hardly be able to do both.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

JLP wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

You know what says it all to me if I may say so. The fact AL could not keep two record companies even with touring with Brian and Roger. He had issues with RCA because he didn't want to do an 80's cover album. But he has toured with Brian and Roger for nearly a decade, singing covers. And that is what he's known for, covers more than his own music.
Thus documentary has given AL a slight push in streams, but will it last? Likely not.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:15 pm
JLP wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

Queen fans tend to want Queen music, even Brian, Roger and Freddie didn't have great solo success and they are Queen so I wouldn't expect loads of people to go and buy his music but some are checking it out and it gets a boost every time he does any appearance so his solo career is doing fine, he's not trying to be a Bieber or Swift. They weren't as successful with Paul so I doubt you could put just anyone on stage and have the same success.
Social Media was in its early days in the Q+PR era. That played a factor in many things.
Yea, good thing AL isn't trying to be Bieber or Swift, not that he ever could be at this stage and especially since he has put Q+AL first. Again, that was the choice he made and still has made. Go on, check the amount of shows he has done for Q+AL than his solo shows.
What makes you think they weren't successful with PR? Because it didn't last as long as Q+AL has, or it didn't fill as many seats for years on end?

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:19 pm
JLP wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

You know what says it all to me if I may say so. The fact AL could not keep two record companies even with touring with Brian and Roger. He had issues with RCA because he didn't want to do an 80's cover album. But he has toured with Brian and Roger for nearly a decade, singing covers. And that is what he's known for, covers more than his own music.
Thus documentary has given AL a slight push in streams, but will it last? Likely not.
Adam left the record companies because he was tired of being told how to be instead of just being allowed to be himself, that's not the same as not being able to keep them and why would he want to do an 80's new wave covers album? Touring WITH B & R as the frontman for QAL is nothing like doing an 80's cover album of songs you have no interest in and then being expected to tour that with your own backing band when what you want to do is your own music. With the QAL thing he gets to do both, they tour a few months here and there and he's free to do his own thing in between. And he's not known more for covers at all he's done plenty of his own music on shows as well but most artists do some covers, doing them when you want for a reason is very different than being made to record them.