The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:29 pm
whitequeen20, does the 186 solo shows you mentioned include the 100+ shows he did in 2010 for the Glam Nation Tour? That’s the tour where I nearly fainted when I drove around the corner and saw his tour bus! :lol:

I was a real teeny bopper back then! 8-)
Think she was talking about TOH tour.
That magic bus that put you in a trance :P
But say what, I didn't know you were driving when you saw it, I always thought you were walking around a noticed it, not sure why I always had that impression.
Ah, teeny booper days, even i had some. Mine was for NKOTB :oops: :lol:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

carolb57 wrote:
whitequeen20, does the 186 solo shows you mentioned include the 100+ shows he did in 2010 for the Glam Nation Tour? That’s the tour where I nearly fainted when I drove around the corner and saw his tour bus! :lol:

Yeah it's glam nation, we are glamily and TOH together. Not sure how many he did in Nov/Dec with Velvet, I know there were a few small one's around LA.

I'd have loved to see one of his solo tours I'd never even heard of him when he did the first two and only just seen some stuff online with Queen by the time he was doing TOH tour. Really hope he tours the UK again at some point.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:35 pm
carolb57 wrote:

Yeah it's glam nation, we are glamily and TOH together. Not sure how many he did in Nov/Dec with Velvet, I know there were a few small one's around LA.

I'd have loved to see one of his solo tours I'd never even heard of him when he did the first two and only just seen some stuff online with Queen by the time he was doing TOH tour. Really hope he tours the UK again at some point.
Oh heck, I thought it was the TOH tour only you were posting about.
I hope he decides to tour solo again, I know he had plans for Velvet shows, but I am sure I read he wanted to do more shows for TOH which did not happen. I forget if he gave a reason for that.
I wasn't being a bitch in the Lambert thread s few weeks back when I was posting about that I don't think he will tour for Velvet, it's even more unlikely now since he can't reschedule those dates. Your best bet if he does another so,on album and he tours for that.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

I hope he decides to tour solo again, I know he had plans for Velvet shows, but I am sure I read he wanted to do more shows for TOH which did not happen. I forget if he gave a reason for that.
I wasn't being a bitch in the Lambert thread s few weeks back when I was posting about that I don't think he will tour for Velvet, it's even more unlikely now since he can't reschedule those dates. Your best bet if he does another so,on album and he tours for that.
He couldn't have had more shows planned for TOH as the QAL tour started literally a week after his tour ended unless he planned to do more the year after but I doubt it.

He's already said he won't be able to tour Velvet now as he's got stuff lined up for 2021 as well as the QAL shows that were rescheduled (assuming they still go ahead) but if they don't he wouldn't be able to tour either.

He's working on new music at the moment so I expect he'll put out another album and then tour that with Velvet songs thrown in with it.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Yes, I was driving and managed to pull into the parking lot and into the parking space but then froze and couldn’t figure out how to turn off the ignition. It was so crazy that the friend who was with me and I cracked up laughing. I had been totally calm and nonchalant until I saw that bus. Then we walked over to the bus and waited for him to come out. We totally forgot to find a place to eat and finally ate after the show at 11:30 pm after going through a Wendy’s Drive thru.

Ah, those were the days! :D

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 pm
Yes, I was driving and managed to pull into the parking lot and into the parking space but then froze and couldn’t figure out how to turn off the ignition. It was so crazy that the friend who was with me and I cracked up laughing. I had been totally calm and nonchalant until I saw that bus. Then we walked over to the bus and waited for him to come out. We totally forgot to find a place to eat and finally ate after the show at 11:30 pm after going through a Wendy’s Drive thru.

Ah, those were the days! :D
I genuinely mean this, I'm relieved to know you weren't alone. I know when a was talking to someone relatively famous a few years ago, at first I didn't know what to say, but thankfully that didn't last long. But the way you describe it...and just a thread sight of his bus and not even AL...
Anyways did he come out of the bus, I don't think you ever said if he did.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 pm
Black Wings wrote:
whitequeen20 wrote:

He couldn't have had more shows planned for TOH as the QAL tour started literally a week after his tour ended unless he planned to do more the year after but I doubt it.

He's already said he won't be able to tour Velvet now as he's got stuff lined up for 2021 as well as the QAL shows that were rescheduled (assuming they still go ahead) but if they don't he wouldn't be able to tour either.

He's working on new music at the moment so I expect he'll put out another album and then tour that with Velvet songs thrown in with it.
Again, he made the choice for Q+AL. But I'm sure I read somewhere that he wanted to do more solo shows.
Yea, he's woring on new music, but with AL, I will belive it about the new music when I see and hear it. Maybe he will "gift" a song or two for his fans again. Which I think he just might do considering how things are. It's taken just about five years to release Velvet after TOH.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Black Wings wrote:

Again, he made the choice for Q+AL. But I'm sure I read somewhere that he wanted to do more solo shows.
Yea, he's woring on new music, but with AL, I will belive it about the new music when I see and hear it. Maybe he will "gift" a song or two for his fans again. Which I think he just might do considering how things are. It's taken just about five years to release Velvet after TOH.
The reason it took five years is because he had the music almost done in 2017 but something happened and he left the label (obviously wasn't happy with things) and had to start again plus wait so long before he was able to actually put music out hence the business BS I mentioned.

He's working on songs at home while he's in lockdown but how far along the process he'll get before things open up properly is anyone's guess and he isn't an instrumentalist so he'll still need to get together with people when he can and no one knows when that will be yet so I'm not expecting it anytime soon but since he can't tour before 2022 he has plenty time to work on it.

He might do some home recordings for fans maybe, but he's been keeping busy so who knows.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

whitequeen20 wrote:
carolb57 wrote:

I saw three Glam Nation shows, two in Ohio and one in Pennsylvania and was mesmerized by all of them! He leaves you wanting more!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:

The reason it took five years is because he had the music almost done in 2017 but something happened and he left the label (obviously wasn't happy with things) and had to start again plus wait so long before he was able to actually put music out hence the business BS I mentioned.

He's working on songs at home while he's in lockdown but how far along the process he'll get before things open up properly is anyone's guess and he isn't an instrumentalist so he'll still need to get together with people when he can and no one knows when that will be yet so I'm not expecting it anytime soon but since he can't tour before 2022 he has plenty time to work on it.

He might do some home recordings for fans maybe, but he's been keeping busy so who knows.
I'm trying to figure out what he could be doing all of next year that could take up so much of his time. If things settle down, I expect a few more Q+AL shows if it can be done.