The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
whitequeen20

Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm
Black Wings wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:11 pm

Again, he made the choice for Q+AL. But I'm sure I read somewhere that he wanted to do more solo shows.
Yea, he's woring on new music, but with AL, I will belive it about the new music when I see and hear it. Maybe he will "gift" a song or two for his fans again. Which I think he just might do considering how things are. It's taken just about five years to release Velvet after TOH.
The reason it took five years is because he had the music almost done in 2017 but something happened and he left the label (obviously wasn't happy with things) and had to start again plus wait so long before he was able to actually put music out hence the business BS I mentioned.

He's working on songs at home while he's in lockdown but how far along the process he'll get before things open up properly is anyone's guess and he isn't an instrumentalist so he'll still need to get together with people when he can and no one knows when that will be yet so I'm not expecting it anytime soon but since he can't tour before 2022 he has plenty time to work on it.

He might do some home recordings for fans maybe, but he's been keeping busy so who knows.
I'm trying to figure out what he could be doing all of next year that could take up so much of his time. If things settle down, I expect a few more Q+AL shows if it can be done.
Roger did say they had intended doing South America but lockdown happened before it was announced. That said Shosh told Adam's fans it wasn't touring when asked what he was tied up with next year so no idea, could be anything really, he likes to keep things under wraps and often it's not up to him to say if it involves other people.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:05 am
whitequeen20 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:18 pm

The reason it took five years is because he had the music almost done in 2017 but something happened and he left the label (obviously wasn't happy with things) and had to start again plus wait so long before he was able to actually put music out hence the business BS I mentioned.

He's working on songs at home while he's in lockdown but how far along the process he'll get before things open up properly is anyone's guess and he isn't an instrumentalist so he'll still need to get together with people when he can and no one knows when that will be yet so I'm not expecting it anytime soon but since he can't tour before 2022 he has plenty time to work on it.

He might do some home recordings for fans maybe, but he's been keeping busy so who knows.
I'm trying to figure out what he could be doing all of next year that could take up so much of his time. If things settle down, I expect a few more Q+AL shows if it can be done.
Roger did say they had intended doing South America but lockdown happened before it was announced. That said Shosh told Adam's fans it wasn't touring when asked what he was tied up with next year so no idea, could be anything really, he likes to keep things under wraps and often it's not up to him to say if it involves other people.
AL has at times has said things before it happens involving him and other artists. Was it just months ago he let the cat out of the bag regarding g Q+AL before he was supposed to? I can't remember exactly what it was, maybe tour dates or something? I can't remember exactly what is was.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:35 am

AL has at times has said things before it happens involving him and other artists. Was it just months ago he let the cat out of the bag regarding g Q+AL before he was supposed to? I can't remember exactly what it was, maybe tour dates or something? I can't remember exactly what is was.
That was Brian's joke, he didn't let anything slip it was a clip he shared and Brian joked it was a Lambert leak. There's lots of things he refuses to say he's doing when other people are involved, he even say's in interviews "I promised some people I wouldn't talk about it" plus it could just be he want's to surprise his fans with something.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:53 am
Black Wings wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:35 am

That was Brian's joke, he didn't let anything slip it was a clip he shared and Brian joked it was a Lambert leak. There's lots of things he refuses to say he's doing when other people are involved, he even say's in interviews "I promised some people I wouldn't talk about it" plus it could just be he want's to surprise his fans with something.

No, that's not it. Gosh, I'm embarrassed that I don't remember what it was. :oops:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Here is a good fan review of the documentary. I really enjoyed watching it!
The guy calls himself a convert now.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:34 pm Here is a good fan review of the documentary. I really enjoyed watching it!

Yes, another convert. It’s interesting how reluctant people are until they watch!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:03 pm
Nicki wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:34 pm Here is a good fan review of the documentary. I really enjoyed watching it!

Yes, another convert. It’s interesting how reluctant people are until they watch!
You either want to watch it or not. You can’t make anyone like it and that’s okay.
I simply like to watch all the happy people, who are so surprised, how good the shows are and how well Adam fits in with Rain and Roger.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Cheers for posting that I hadn't seen that one it's great.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

What a review! 8-)