Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Re: The Show Must Go On documentary on Netflix in the UK

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:50 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:46 pm
Oh good, so that means no more silly polls about who should play at the Super Bowl then :lol:
A few years ago, I used to post on the Web for nearly a year using an iPhone, including QOL. Freddie being spelled Freddy never came up.
I just wish people would get the right spelling of it. I know, first world problem, but it is annoying when it's done.
A phone is able to learn. As is a computer. If you always write Freddie, it will learn that. You just have to be careful, if you once want to write „Freddy“. It will change that! 8-)
I can honestly say I've been a part of QOL since March 2007, and never once did I spell Freddie as Freddy...go me :lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Interesting how this thread has degenerated into a “Freddy” complaint place instead of what the title intended.

This article is a good analysis and review of the documentary despite the name of the source:

http://assholeswatchingmovies.com/2020/ ... ert-story/

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:30 am
Interesting how this thread has degenerated into a “Freddy” complaint place instead of what the title intended.

This article is a good analysis and review of the documentary despite the name of the source:

http://assholeswatchingmovies.com/2020/ ... ert-story/
What were you expecting, the right way to spell it not to be noticed or commented on on a board about Queen? The spelling of Freddie's name might not mean much to you, but it does to many fans, myself included. Freddie deserves his name to be spelled correctly especially on forums where he is being discussed. Yep, I'm gonna stand by that and everything else I posted here.
Um, sorry when people spell Freddie's name wrong, and it's posted here, I'm sure I can point out it is the wrong spelling, do take notice it's ot only me who had things to say about it. No rules broken as far as I can see.
Funny thing, when Adam Lambert and Adam Levine ends up being mixed up, you aren't happy about that, and I remember you having things to say about that. I'm sure if his name was spelled wrong that you would have had things to say about that as well. You had a go at me for leaving a letter out from one of my posts just days ago.
Assholes watching movies, where do you find this stuff? Not even going to click on that link.

Frank

Post by Frank »

The review isn't bad actually. They spelled Freddie's name right! Lol

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Frank wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 pm
Yes! I am in agreement about spelling Freddie’s name correctly, but not going on about it for pages and pages. Some of those posted tweets where he was called Freddy did seem to be from long time Queen fans who had never heard of Adam. I think they just were not super fussy about spelling like we are. Maybe they even used to get D’s and F’s in that subject in grade school. ;)

Frank

Post by Frank »

I watched the documentary again since it was on Netflix. It's extremely well made and truly lives up as a great sequel to Days of Our Lives. I love how it goes into detail the direct aftermath of Freddie's tragic death and even talks about the musical and their collaboration with Paul Rodgers. Roger in particular doesn't hold back his feelings toward those who don't approve of their work with Adam. It's striking and honest. I do feel he's a bit mean toward people who dress up as Freddie in tribute shows. It's a tribute, for crying out loud. But regardless, it's a great documentary and after watching it I feel more appreciative of the bond the three of them formed. I like how Adam mentions that he's happy to be their vessel, but also says that they've opened up doors for him as well. Whether that meant being able to play in large arenas or their influence on his own musicianship. It's a true friendship they share.

Frank

Post by Frank »

carolb57 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:48 pm
Frank wrote:
Yes! I am in agreement about spelling Freddie’s name correctly, but not going on about it for pages and pages. Some of those posted tweets where he was called Freddy did seem to be from long time Queen fans who had never heard of Adam. I think they just were not super fussy about spelling like we are. Maybe they even used to get D’s and F’s in that subject in grade school. ;)
Probably, lol. It pisses me off but they don't mean any ill will. They're just blissfully ignorant.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Frank wrote:
Why are you annoyed that I have been discussing how his name was spelled?
Your annoyance is about me and no one else it seems since you bring up going on about it for pages and pages. Like i said above I broke no rules about it, so why are you annoyed?

Jake

Post by Jake »

carolb57 wrote:
Frank wrote:
No, they weren’t spelled Freddy by long time Queen fans. They were spelled Freddy by those who had heard Queen on the radio long ago, but never bothered buying an album. Definitely not fans, not even casual fans.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

John Burns
“.@DrBrianMay @OfficialRMT @adamlambert just watched the "The Show Must Go On" documentary, and it was brilliant. I have to say though, surely it can't be billed as @QueenWillRock + Adam Lambert any more. It is just Queen. Freddie would be bloody proud.”

Lou Fowkes
“Just watched the Queen + Adam Lambert doc on Netflix. Well worth watching. I knew @adamlambert could sing but my God, this guy hits some freakin awesome notes in the footage.”