A Live Album is coming!?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Nicki

A Live Album is coming!?

Post by Nicki »

Finally!!
Roger revealed in an interview today, that QAL is planning to release a live album after the successful Tour Watch Party! Now I hope that this is true. And that it’s not only Roher, who‘s thinking about it. ;)
And that the release won’t take forever! :lol:

Link:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment ... nniversary
Next year marks the 50th anniversary of Queen’s line-up with Freddie Mercury as singer, and the band have a few things planned for next year’s celebrations. Aside from Queen and Adam Lambert’s UK and European tour being postponed to summer 2021, drummer Roger Taylor has exclusively revealed to Express.co.uk that he, Brian May and the singer are planning a live album.

The 70-year-old said of Queen’s 50th anniversary plans: “That’s a good question actually.

“I think we do but I can’t quite remember what it is!

“What we are thinking about is releasing a live album.

“We had a big thing on YouTube the other night and it went down very well.”

Taylor was referring to Queen and Adam Lambert’s Tour Watch Party, which streamed on their official YouTube channel for 24 hours over the weekend.

The one-hour highlights show of their live performances, included Fire Fight Australia from earlier this year and Fat Bottomed Girls with the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders in 2019.

The Queen drummer continued: “So we thought, well, maybe there’s a live album of highlights of concerts that we’ve done over the last eight years with Adam Lambert.

“And I think it would make a very nice live album, so we’re really thinking about that actually.”

Frank

Re: A Live Album is coming!?

Post by Frank »

All I can say is ...

FINALLY.

:lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki, thanks for posting this fantastic news!

Ray

Post by Ray »

Man...I'm conflicted...on the one hand I wished for a live DVD (I hope that's automatically coming with the live album) for years, on the other hand I don't want a compilation. I'd rather want a full concert like the one they recorded at the O2, they can add stuff from the other tours as bonus.

Let's see how this turns out. It's good that they release something at all after all those years, but I really wished for a complete concert. Or 3-4 main concerts over the years as a box set, they recorded so many anyway. :mrgreen:

Frank

Post by Frank »

Ray wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 pm
Man...I'm conflicted...on the one hand I wished for a live DVD (I hope that's automatically coming with the live album) for years, on the other hand I don't want a compilation. I'd rather want a full concert like the one they recorded at the O2, they can add stuff from the other tours as bonus.

Let's see how this turns out. It's good that they release something at all after all those years, but I really wished for a complete concert. Or 3-4 main concerts over the years as a box set, they recorded so many anyway. :mrgreen:
I agree. I'd rather it be a full concert as opposed to a compilation. It sounds like they haven't really talked too much about it yet so there's still a chance.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Being fair, it's only 34 years since they played Knebworth. 43 if they put out Houston. They'd be better putting one of those out.

You Lambert fans might still be alive in 30 years. Most of the people who went to the original Queen tours, won't be.

Not begrudging you people what you're after, but you can't really deny that anything QAL that comes out, is going to fill a window that could have been a "Queen" release.

Thought about it further. If it's a bookend product, and that's it, it might actually prompt the stuff that "the other lot" have REALLY been after for 25 years, the Anthologies.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I think we can be happy, if they are going to release a compilation. The story I‘ve heard about the earlier live release from the tour 2014 went like this:

The plan had been to release a DVD from the concert in Sydney. Both days had been filmed. After looking at the footage, they hadn’t been happy with the result. One thing I remember had been that the audience hadn‘t been as loud and active as in other places they had been. Another one was that Brian wasn’t happy with some of his playin& (?).
So the filmed another concert (I think it had been Sheffield 2015, but I‘m not sure). This time the audience had been singing loud and proud. Problem: Adam‘s voice hadn’t been loud enough in the mix, there had been sound problems.
In the end, only Japan got its exclusive release and the Reston the world is still waiting until today.

Long story short: I think it’s more likely that these 3 perfectionists can agree on a number of performances from different concerts, that they call perfect than that they will find the perfect concert. :lol:

I will take, whatever they are going to FINALLY release. :D

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

^^^ Not sure about Roger but Brian & Adam are definitely perfectionists so I'd agree it will likely be a compilation of different shows rather than just one. Really hope there's a DVD and not just a live album.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Kes wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 pm
Being fair, it's only 34 years since they played Knebworth. 43 if they put out Houston. They'd be better putting one of those out.

You Lambert fans might still be alive in 30 years. Most of the people who went to the original Queen tours, won't be.

Not begrudging you people what you're after, but you can't really deny that anything QAL that comes out, is going to fill a window that could have been a "Queen" release.

Thought about it further. If it's a bookend product, and that's it, it might actually prompt the stuff that "the other lot" have REALLY been after for 25 years, the Anthologies.
I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for fans such as yourself that lived through Queen's career. And still no anthologies. Only within the past decade did we finally see releases like Live at the Rainbow. While I'm happy for a live album documenting QAL (same as Return of the Champions for QPR) I'd still much prefer getting stuff from when Freddie was still alive. And thankfully we'll be getting The Miracle as a boxset, but it's still up in the air whether or not the contents will truly be brilliant.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Ray wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Yea, I'd rather one full show than bits and pieces of shows. But 5hing is, how do they choose after all the shows they've done? I expect bits and pieces of shows into one DVD.