A Live Album is coming!?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
agkelly

Re: A Live Album is coming!?

Post by agkelly »

Nicki wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:49 pm
I think we can be happy, if they are going to release a compilation. The story I‘ve heard about the earlier live release from the tour 2014 went like this:

The plan had been to release a DVD from the concert in Sydney. Both days had been filmed. After looking at the footage, they hadn’t been happy with the result. One thing I remember had been that the audience hadn‘t been as loud and active as in other places they had been. Another one was that Brian wasn’t happy with some of his playin& (?).
So the filmed another concert (I think it had been Sheffield 2015, but I‘m not sure). This time the audience had been singing loud and proud. Problem: Adam‘s voice hadn’t been loud enough in the mix, there had been sound problems.
In the end, only Japan got its exclusive release and the Reston the world is still waiting until today.

Long story short: I think it’s more likely that these 3 perfectionists can agree on a number of performances from different concerts, that they call perfect than that they will find the perfect concert. :lol:

I will take, whatever they are going to FINALLY release. :D
They only properly recorded the 2nd night in Sydney 2014. I was there both nights so I can confirm this 100%. It was the night Lady Gaga joined them for 'Another One Bites The Dust'.
Unfortunately I can also confirm Australian audiences are much quieter than UK audiences, so would appear underwhelming compared to, say, an o2 Q+AL recording.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

agkelly wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:52 am
They only properly recorded the 2nd night in Sydney 2014. I was there both nights so I can confirm this 100%. It was the night Lady Gaga joined them for 'Another One Bites The Dust'.
Unfortunately I can also confirm Australian audiences are much quieter than UK audiences, so would appear underwhelming compared to, say, an o2 Q+AL recording.
Really?
I have been at the arena in Wembley 2017, because I wanted to experience a „proper“ Queen audience in their hometown. My experience had been that they are singing more (or louder) than the Germans, but on the whole, they had been quieter and much less active in clapping, standing or dancing. Most people in my section didn’t even stand up for the Encore. :roll: In the end, it had been a great trip to London. But the better concert experiences I had in Munich a month before and Berlin in 2018.
I‘ve heard though that the more you come to the North of Britain, the livelier the crowds get. I know that for sure for Scottish audiences from my own experiences with other bands. Therefore I was a bit underwhelmed by that particular London crowd that night.

Kes

Post by Kes »

What about the crowd at Knebworth 86, there was absolutely nothing underwhelming about that.

Maybe somewhere in amongst that, there lies your answer.

That's a gig that will always be in the special never to be beaten bracket. Along with the Tribute Concert, and Milton Keynes.

I was at all three.

As regards "lively crowds", just remember all the people stood around you have also bought their tickets. I've had some gigs completely ruined by people who'd gone completely into the "I'm alright Jack, fuck you" mode. Fifth row in the O2, and some Scottish f*cking dwarf and her boyfriend in the row in front of me standing on the seats the whole concert, screwing up any chance the next eight rows behond her, had of seeing the stage. I could have stood on the seat (like she suggested to me when I asked her to either stand on the floor or sit on her seat), just to see past her, but being six foot tall, i had more sympathy with those behind me. She only had three rows in front of her, and none of those were stood on their seats.

Selfish c*nt, is the only decription I can manage, and that's three years after the event.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Well, there is lively and there is lively. ;)
It seems you had a bad experience. I’m sorry for that. Why did the security didn’t say anything, if it was that bad?

Still, when my whole section stays seated for the Encore with WWRY, I cannot say, that I like that. Sorry. I do belong to the rather shy people, who don’t stand up , if nobody else does this in order not to annoy the people behind me. But the Encore is the time, when that respect stops, because the band has earned getting their applause as well.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I don't mind people who stand up, particularly, but if the venue is all seater, you'd expect people to not stand on them for a whole gig.

As I say it's a minority, but sometimes, that's all it takes.

The other thing that gets me, is people who'll sit there and drink like fish, and then spend the whole show running off to the toilet. Bad enough in an all seater venue, but worse if it's a standing one, as it gives some unscrupulous people a chance to bag a better spot at everyone else's expense.