Album

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Smiler

Album

Post by Smiler »

Recently I saw in an interview with Brian that they were not planning on a new record with Adam.
Reason beeing the poor sales of the Cosmos Rocks album.
Now I don't know about the sales but I would love to see a new album of Queen and Adam Lambert.
Join me if you believe in it!

Young Music Fan

Re: Album

Post by Young Music Fan »

I don't think it was the poor sales, it just didn't make any sense. It was blues meets rock. The collobration worked well live but not in the studio. They spent a year making that record and because it wasn't a stand out piece or it didn't get much public attention they regreted it. Also, Brian was rarely in the studio to make it hence why he didn't write many songs. The album was a major reason why Q+PR ended.

Apparently Q+AL have been in the studio together, the recent Brian May interview (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... d=12302595) confirms this. They have recorded a couple of songs but they obviously haven't been released and I don't think they are planning to release any new material soon.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Certainly wouldn't oppose a new album. But yes, I agree The Cosmos Rocks has tainted Brian and Roger. And this saddens me. It shouldn't be about the money or attention. If they want to release something they should just do it for the sake of the music.

MichaelAllred76

Post by MichaelAllred76 »

Brian and Roger seem to be overly sensitive to anything other than overwhelming praise.
"The Cosmos Rocks" didn't sell 10 million copies so this means they cannot record new music again
Two non hit songs from NotW didn't get rapturous applause on their last tour so were dropped immediately in favor of the same old stuff.

Brian talks about being "dangerous" but the reality is Queen are anything but. All safe choices, no risk.

It might last them a bit longer but I don't think a 3rd tour with Adam playing essentially the exact same set list AGAIN is going to go over that well.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Queen from the beginning has always been about building their legacy. As tongue and cheek as We Are The Champions is, there was a glint of truth to it. The band had a sense of arrogance about them. They were a very competitive group. So I feel this is just Brian and Roger's old way of thinking. I mean, what more do they need to prove? They have one of the most enduring legacies in all of rock. A discography that rivals even the best of their contemporaries. I wish that they could just get on with doing things for the sake of the music. Not just feeding their egos. Gosh, I feel harsh saying that...lol...but perhaps there's a grain of truth to what I'm saying.

runner70

Post by runner70 »

MichaelAllred76 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:34 pm

It might last them a bit longer but I don't think a 3rd tour with Adam playing essentially the exact same set list AGAIN is going to go over that well.
Isnt that the fifth plus tour since 2012???

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

OK, it may be mostly the same songs every tour but at least they restructure the order every one. Also, if you went to the shows you get a different experience every tour - different graphics and production. On the NOTW anniversary tour, the graphics were incredible - I've never known anything quite like it.

MichaelAllred76

Young Music Fan wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:56 am
OK, it may be mostly the same songs every tour but at least they restructure the order every one. Also, if you went to the shows you get a different experience every tour - different graphics and production. On the NOTW anniversary tour, the graphics were incredible - I've never known anything quite like it.
So your justification is "yeah it's the same songs again but they switched around a couple in the set list so it's all good"? Come on now.
As for the displays and lights, etc etc, do you go to concerts for the pretty lights or the music?

MichaelAllred76

runner70 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 am
MichaelAllred76 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:34 pm

Isnt that the fifth plus tour since 2012???
I'm not even sure how the band even views what is a new tour or what is a continuation of the previous leg.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Let’s count the QAL tours:

2012 (short European Tour)

2014/15 - first world tour (North America, Japan, S. Korea, NZ/Australia, Europe, South America) . Stage: „The Q“

2016 - Big Festival/Open Air Tour (Europe, Israel, Asia). Stage: „The bigger, rounder Q“

2017/18 - second world tour: 40 Years News of the World (North America, Europe 2017+2018, Australia/NZ) - Stage: „The Red Special“

September 2018 Las Vegas Residency (no tour)

2019/20 3. world tour: The Rhapsody Tour (USA, S,. Korea, Japan, NZ/Australia, Europe, more?) - Stage: „In the Theatre“

I count 5 tours. Each had its own stage and look.