Album

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
grumpy49

Re: Album

Post by grumpy49 »

It might be interesting, but how would they do it when they can't get together in a studio. Remotely doesn't seem to give the best results.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

grumpy49 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm It might be interesting, but how would they do it when they can't get together in a studio. Remotely doesn't seem to give the best results.
They have almost a year off. Especially the summer, when the tour should have been, would be a good time. Adam can travel to London. Brian and Roger should be vaccinated by then.

The bigger question is, if they really want to do it.
The truth is that they can hardly win. They have been one of the top touring bands for the past years. It can’t become any better. If the album really works, then they will include a couple of new songs and that would be fantastic.
But what, if the album flops?

From a musician’s point of view, I want to hear, what they can come up with.
From a business point of view, such an album isn’t necessary and does hold a risk. But a small one, so I say, they should still try it. Or at least one or two songs.

Ray

Post by Ray »

A studio concert would be boring imo. There were many of those last year and because of the current situation it was nice to get SOMETHING, but overall I didn't enjoy them too much.

Just release the O2 concert in full... it's such a obvious thing to so. The tour had such a big production which looked amazing, but no, take some boring festival recordings and make a compilation out of that. And leave out some of the most important songs.

They'd have the time for an album now, yes, but I still don't think they can do it. The way they described their try with that one song seems like Brian and Roger don't think it's really good enough. They're still scarred by the QPR album I think, so they won't release anything unless they think it's stellar and worth of the Queen name. If they couldn't make it work for 10 years now, I doubt they will now.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:47 pm
grumpy49 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:13 pm It might be interesting, but how would they do it when they can't get together in a studio. Remotely doesn't seem to give the best results.
They have almost a year off. Especially the summer, when the tour should have been, would be a good time. Adam can travel to London. Brian and Roger should be vaccinated by then.

The bigger question is, if they really want to do it.
The truth is that they can hardly win. They have been one of the top touring bands for the past years. It can’t become any better. If the album really works, then they will include a couple of new songs and that would be fantastic.
But what, if the album flops?

From a musician’s point of view, I want to hear, what they can come up with.
From a business point of view, such an album isn’t necessary and does hold a risk. But a small one, so I say, they should still try it. Or at least one or two songs.
Adam's due to be in London around May this year to film a TV show but he'll be busy with that unless he decides to stay on longer, but then he'll likely be catching up with people he's writing the musical with as well so probably not a lot of free time to get in a studio with B & R even if they wanted to. I'd love them to give a song a go, maybe for charity, and see how it goes but I can't see them committing to an album (even though I'd love one personally) and as you say, they're one of the top touring bands so they really don't need to do it, and it would be a risk so I can see why they aren't rushing to give it a go.

TheMiracleMan

Post by TheMiracleMan »

I think Brian May and Roger Taylor can not write an album. One or two songs maybe but the whole album I think not.There will hardly be any help from Lambert, because he does not write songs for his solo albums himself, as far as I know.

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:31 am I think Brian May and Roger Taylor can not write an album. One or two songs maybe but the whole album I think not.There will hardly be any help from Lambert, because he does not write songs for his solo albums himself, as far as I know.
They seem to have managed ok with their solo stuff. Lets face it, it's been a while so they should have enough material.

Jake

Post by Jake »

TheMiracleMan wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:31 am I think Brian May and Roger Taylor can not write an album. One or two songs maybe but the whole album I think not.There will hardly be any help from Lambert, because he does not write songs for his solo albums himself, as far as I know.
Not that I want a QAL album, but why can’t they? Plenty of elderly song writers.