Re: Album

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 am
Black Wings wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:18 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:58 pm

Roger already said he'd record with Adam back in 2014 it was Brian who was hesitant and Adam seemed more interested in doing his own music but if Brian had been on board I'm sure Adam would have agreed to do it.
I never knew Roger said that back then :shock:
Do you have a link?
This is the article from 2014 and the quote from Roger. https://www.loudersound.com/features/qu ... ppointment

"“I’ll say one thing,” Taylor states. “If we have the material, then I wouldn’t go into making a record with any other singer than Adam, because he is so perfect with Queen. He has the range and the talent. I certainly wouldn’t be averse to giving it a go.”
I'm really shocked by that. In a way, I think Roger is just hyping AL up, but another part of me thinks Brian's and Roger's best song writing days are behind them, and AL's strong suit isn't song writing.
I hope there will never be a Q+AL album. It's one thing to tour together, but another thing to go in the studio and release things.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I think it would be magnificent but agree that B and R’s best songwriting days are probably behind them!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 am
I think it would be magnificent but agree that B and R’s best songwriting days are probably behind them!
Magnificent even though their best songwriting is behind them...ok then.
At least at one point Brian and Roger were good, very good songwriters. I can't forget that it took 5 people to write TwoFux, one of which was Lambert.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

carolb57 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am
whitequeen20 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:29 am
Black Wings wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 12:18 am

I never knew Roger said that back then :shock:
Do you have a link?
This is the article from 2014 and the quote from Roger. https://www.loudersound.com/features/qu ... ppointment

"“I’ll say one thing,” Taylor states. “If we have the material, then I wouldn’t go into making a record with any other singer than Adam, because he is so perfect with Queen. He has the range and the talent. I certainly wouldn’t be averse to giving it a go.”
I have no interest in knowing why they are so comfortable working together. So this long standing can won't be bothering reading it. Or should I say long standing ex fan? :lol:

That is an excellent article that all long standing Queen fans should read to better understand the Queen + Adam collaboration and why they have been so comfortable in sharing the stage for the past 8 years!

Frank

Post by Frank »

Black Wings wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:27 am
carolb57 wrote:
At least at one point Brian and Roger were good, very good songwriters. I can't forget that it took 5 people to write TwoFux, one of which was Lambert.
Yes, I agree too that their best songwriting days are behind them. And I suspect it's because Freddie and John are no longer around. Even though individual members were noted as the composers of songs, it was almost always, if not always, the end result of the four working together to get the best out of each other. It's a chemistry that only existed between the four of them. So with that in mind, I don't find it as ridiculous as others when I read that a song like Two Fux was worked on by 5 people. It's not all that dissimilar to the way bands like Queen wrote material. They just waited until The Miracle to finally say "we all worked on this together." Granted, Two Fux is just awful. Truly awful. But that's just my subjective spin on things. To someone else it's probably great.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Frank wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Black Wings wrote:
carolb57 wrote:
Yes, I agree too that their best songwriting days are behind them. And I suspect it's because Freddie and John are no longer around. Even though individual members were noted as the composers of songs, it was almost always, if not always, the end result of the four working together to get the best out of each other. It's a chemistry that only existed between the four of them. So with that in mind, I don't find it as ridiculous as others when I read that a song like Two Fux was worked on by 5 people. It's not all that dissimilar to the way bands like Queen wrote material. They just waited until The Miracle to finally say "we all worked on this together." Granted, Two Fux is just awful. Truly awful. But that's just my subjective spin on things. To someone else it's probably great.
How could you not absolutely adore this adorable song:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I like „Two Fuxx“. Although written by 5 people, it‘s one of Adam’s personal songs.
It‘s fun, it’s light. It’s not a masterpiece, but I like it.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:37 pm
Black Wings wrote:
carolb57 wrote:
TwoFux is truly terrible, it doesn't even work as a kiss off, IMO, even Brian and Roger playing it live didn't make it better. I don't know why that was picked to play, ex eat just to get it it out there.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Nicki wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:10 pm
I like „Two Fuxx“. Although written by 5 people, it‘s one of Adam’s personal songs.
Personal how? Any song that takes five people to write, I wouldn't call it personal.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Black Wings wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 6:17 pm
Nicki wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 5:10 pm
Personal how? Any song that takes five people to write, I wouldn't call it personal.
The content is completely Adam.