Album

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Black Wings

Re: Album

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 pm
If they do it, don't put the Queen name anywhere near it.

There'll be copies of it being thrown on ebay, long after they're in the deck, and in centuries to come, people might be fooled into thinking it has some sort of relation to Queen. There's already one of those going around, and even one's too many.

Thank God there aren't enough of those in circulation on the market to cause too much of a problem.
I've only been a Queen fan since 1992. It really bothers me when Q+AL uses titles Queen once used, for example The Crown Jewels.
I'm pretty sure if Q+AL record together, it will be under Queen + Adam Lambert. I just hope they don't have Lambert rerecording Queen songs, or meshing his vocals with Freddie's.

ETA ~ meant to quote JLP's post.
Last edited by Black Wings on Thu May 21, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I talked at length to Peter Jones, Freddie's driver and PA prior to Peter Freestone, about the team up with Paul Rodgers, and his opinion was that Freddie often said things like he didn't care what they did if he died, but the fact of the matter is at that point, ie still being alive, he cared.

What he said to the cameras, and what he really thought, weren't always the same.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Kes wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm
I talked at length to Peter Jones, Freddie's driver and PA prior to Peter Freestone, about the team up with Paul Rodgers, and his opinion was that Freddie often said things like he didn't care what they did if he died, but the fact of the matter is at that point, ie still being alive, he cared.
Of course. But this doesn’t mean, that he wouldn’t like, what they are doing now. Or be oblivious to it.
They aren’t in any way destroying anything Freddie did. They are just writing new chapters. And I think Brian and Roger do have the right to do that. Because Queen has been their band as well. That’s how I see it.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm

What he said to the cameras, and what he really thought, weren't always the same.
I'm damn sure Freddie cared.

Kes

Post by Kes »

And that's where the crux of the matter is.

Touring with Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert keeps the catalogue with Freddie ticking over. Any "new" product that sells to Adam Lambert fans, doesn't. If anything I'd say it dilutes that catalogue, and I'd have said it did that with TCR.

Especially if they release anything written by, or previously performed by Freddie.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:12 pm

Touring with Paul Rodgers and Adam Lambert keeps the catalogue with Freddie ticking over. Any "new" product that sells to Adam Lambert fans, doesn't. If anything I'd say it dilutes that catalogue, and I'd have said it did that with TCR.
Yes, let's not forget You Are The Champions. I think if that wasn't changed, money could still be raised.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Kes wrote:

Really?
I do have all the Queen albums and most of the Greatest Hits and Deep cuts compilations (I even searched for these in a big CD store on holidays in Scotland, because these aren’t sold in Germany). I also own a couple of concerts on DVD.

I don’t have TCR or anything from the Paul Rodgers era.

I don’t think, the catalogue is in any „danger“. People are clever. ;) Have some faith.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Kes wrote:

Especially if they release anything written by, or previously performed by Freddie.
I can't see how releasing an album (and I doubt it will happen personally) with Adam would dilute their back catalogue at all they would be separate things and even if some QAL fans bought it that wouldn't alter the fact they love the original material and likely own a lot of it. I have all the Queen recorded stuff, I didn't like TCR so I didn't buy that but even if I had I would still love the Queen music, nothing would alter that no matter how much new material they released and I'd be willing to bet most Queen fans would feel the same.

I doubt they would release any re recorded Queen music, you are the champions was for charity and a live recording, they've worked together for eight years without releasing one song up to now so I doubt they'd suddenly start churning out covers of their own catalogue never mind one's written by Freddie. The only song I could ever see them doing a recording of from the Queen catalogue would be WWTLF but I still doubt it would happen.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:14 pm
Kes wrote:

Yes, let's not forget You Are The Champions. I think if that wasn't changed, money could still be raised.
Not sure what you mean, money is being raised.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:14 pm
Kes wrote:

Not sure what you mean, money is being raised.
Yep, and it would have been raised with no change to the song.