Re: Album

Post by whitequeen20 »

Black Wings wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:45 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:33 pm
Black Wings wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Yes, let's not forget You Are The Champions. I think if that wasn't changed, money could still be raised.
Not sure what you mean, money is being raised.
Yep, and it would have been raised with no change to the song.
But the change was to make it obvious it's aimed at the frontline workers as opposed to the We which in this case would have looked like Brian, Roger and Adam were meaning themselves.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:

I can't see how releasing an album (and I doubt it will happen personally) with Adam.....

I doubt they would release any re recorded Queen music, you are the champions was for charity and a live recording, they've worked together for eight years without releasing one song up to now so I doubt they'd suddenly start churning out covers of their own catalogue never mind one's written by Freddie. The only song I could ever see them doing a recording of from the Queen catalogue would be WWTLF but I still doubt it would happen.
That’s were I‘m coming from as well and I thought, that was clear for everyone, but maybe not. So I bolded the most important statements and repeat:

A) I don’t think, they are going to record an album. We were/are talking only possibilities here.
B) QAL won‘t re-record old Queen songs, they have always said that. YATC was a big exception due to the Corona crisis.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:

I can't see how releasing an album (and I doubt it will happen personally) with Adam.....

I doubt they would release any re recorded Queen music, you are the champions was for charity and a live recording, they've worked together for eight years without releasing one song up to now so I doubt they'd suddenly start churning out covers of their own catalogue never mind one's written by Freddie. The only song I could ever see them doing a recording of from the Queen catalogue would be WWTLF but I still doubt it would happen.
That’s were I‘m coming from as well and I thought, that was clear for everyone, but maybe not. So I bolded the most important statements and repeat:

A) I don’t think, they are going to record an album. We were/are talking only possibilities here.
B) QAL won‘t re-record old Queen songs, they have always said that. YATC was a big exception due to the Corona crisis.
Yeah exactly and that recording Brian mentioned seemed to be one song not an album. They're all too busy to get in a studio to write and record a full album even if they wanted to, they'd have the time now but with lockdown and being in different Countries not really feasible and then they'll be back touring so I really couldn't see anything more than one song anytime soon if at all.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm
Yeah exactly and that recording Brian mentioned seemed to be one song not an album. They're all too busy to get in a studio to write and record a full album even if they wanted to, they'd have the time now but with lockdown and being in different Countries not really feasible and then they'll be back touring so I really couldn't see anything more than one song anytime soon if at all.
Roger and Adam have mentioned that recording session in Nashville before, so it wasn‘t new. They had only one day in the studio in between the concerts, so they hardly recorded much.

This is, what I have seen on another Queen board:

Roger did this interview with a Hungarian newspaper in 2017
https://hvg.hu/kultura/20171016_roger_t ... _brian_may
According to Google Translate:

hvg.hu: You only play old songs. There are no new songs?
Roger Taylor: We have one or two new songs that we may play, but people want to hear old songs. (...)

hvg.hu: Are you planning a new album?
R. T .: During our American tour, we went to studio in Nashville, so we started working on a new album on which Adam will sing. But we still have a lot of work on the material.

I don’t know, if the translation is correct. But I do think, that they still have a lot of work to do, if Roger was really talking about an album. Or rather: they haven’t gone back recording. There do exist 1-2 new songs. And I really want them to play these!

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Nicki wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:39 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 pm
Roger and Adam have mentioned that recording session in Nashville before, so it wasn‘t new. They had only one day in the studio in between the concerts, so they hardly recorded much.

This is, what I have seen on another Queen board:

Roger did this interview with a Hungarian newspaper in 2017
hvg.hu/kultura/20171016_roger_taylor_interju_queen_freddie_mercury_adam_lambert_brian_may
According to Google Translate:

hvg.hu: You only play old songs. There are no new songs?
Roger Taylor: We have one or two new songs that we may play, but people want to hear old songs. (...)

hvg.hu: Are you planning a new album?
R. T .: During our American tour, we went to studio in Nashville, so we started working on a new album on which Adam will sing. But we still have a lot of work on the material.

I don’t know, if the translation is correct. But I do think, that they still have a lot of work to do, if Roger was really talking about an album. Or rather: they haven’t gone back recording.
Wow interesting, I'd never seen that interview by Roger, maybe they have plans they just aren't sharing yet. Roger did once say in an interview around 2014 that if they were to record he'd only want to do it with Adam but then they all seemed to be saying they didn't have any plans to and they got asked it a lot so I got the impression it would never happen.

I'd love them to personally but I can see why they'd rather spend time doing other things when they aren't touring and there's not much money to be made in recorded music now it's more to allow artists to tour which they clearly don't need new music for. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it in the future.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I posted the following link yesterday but was not able to click on the “play” tab and get something to play. Did anyone else do it?

http://www.altpress.com/news/queen-and- ... brian-may/

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 pm
Wow interesting, I'd never seen that interview by Roger, maybe they have plans they just aren't sharing yet. Roger did once say in an interview around 2014 that if they were to record he'd only want to do it with Adam but then they all seemed to be saying they didn't have any plans to and they got asked it a lot so I got the impression it would never happen.

I'd love them to personally but I can see why they'd rather spend time doing other things when they aren't touring and there's not much money to be made in recorded music now it's more to allow artists to tour which they clearly don't need new music for. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it in the future.
I think I hadn’t seen that particular interview before either. It’s really interesting, but unfortunately already 3 years old. And nothing has happened since then for all we know.

It has always been clear to me, that Roger is the most willing to record new music with QAL. Brian and Adam are more hesitant, but I think Adam would be on board, if Brian was.

Looking at the three of them as a team, I do think they work really well as a live band. But recording? Maybe „3 is one too many“. I can see Roger and Adam working well together, since they are good friends in private, being neighbors in LA and having vacationed together more than once. But does Brian with his visions fit in? Could they find a common vibe? I‘m not sure. Maybe it’s better not to go that route and take the easy way as a spectacular, great working live band.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:58 pm
I posted the following link yesterday but was not able to click on the “play” tab and get something to play. Did anyone else do it?

http://www.altpress.com/news/queen-and- ... brian-may/
It’s about the video posted on page 4 in this thread.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Nicki wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:05 pm
whitequeen20 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 pm

I think I hadn’t seen that particular interview before either. It’s really interesting, but unfortunately already 3 years old. And nothing has happened since then for all we know.

It has always been clear to me, that Roger is the most willing to record new music with QAL. Brian and Adam are more hesitant, but I think Adam would be on board, if Brian was.

Looking at the three of them as a team, I do think they work really well as a live band. But recording? Maybe „3 is one too many“. I can see Roger and Adam working well together, since they are good friends in private, being neighbors in LA and having vacationed together more than once. But does Brian with his visions fit in? Could they find a common vibe? I‘m not sure. Maybe it’s better not to go that route and take the easy way as a spectacular, great working live band.
Brian recorded with Adam on the “Lucy” track and performed “Ghost Town” and WWFM as well as Whole Lotta Love and Heartbreak Hotel with him live so I don’t think he is against trying something new!

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

carolb57 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 11:11 pm
Brian recorded with Adam on the “Lucy” track and performed “Ghost Town” and WWFM as well as Whole Lotta Love and Heartbreak Hotel with him live so I don’t think he is against trying something new!
That’s a bit different from recording new music as Queen +.
You’re talking about the man, who has played the same (or very similar) guitar solo for 45 years or so. ;)