Booking period extended

All about the phenomenal stage show based on the music of Queen.

Booking period extended

Postby fairydandy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Looks as if it's been extended until 20th October 2012. Bloody incredible really.

10th anniversary show is on then! :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Re: Booking period extended

Postby BitterTears » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm

It really is incredible. As a Queen fan when you're constantly bombarded with news and stuff about WWRY, it becomes very easy to forget to take a step back and remember that 10 years in the West End...that doesn't happen very often!

i don't think I've seen it anything like as many times as you (my 10th show will be press night in Edinburgh in December) so I'm not quite as jaded on it yet. I still think it's fantastic.....the intro to Innuendo gives me goosebumps every time. When it doesn't I know it's time for me to pack it in.

BitterTears
The Show Must Go On

Postby fairydandy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:43 pm

BitterTears wrote:It really is incredible. As a Queen fan when you're constantly bombarded with news and stuff about WWRY, it becomes very easy to forget to take a step back and remember that 10 years in the West End...that doesn't happen very often!

i don't think I've seen it anything like as many times as you (my 10th show will be press night in Edinburgh in December) so I'm not quite as jaded on it yet. I still think it's fantastic.....the intro to Innuendo gives me goosebumps every time. When it doesn't I know it's time for me to pack it in.

I am a bit fed up with it for sure. I will go to the 10th anniversary, work permittting though.

I went to see it in Edinburgh last year...damned cold up there. :P

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Kes » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:13 pm

It's each to their own though, isn't it?

You spend your cash on seeing the musical because you still enjoy it. Hopefully no-one's going to say they don't understand you doing that.
What is left of your dream?
Just the words on your stone.
A man who learnt how to teach,
But forgot how to learn.

Kes

Postby fairydandy » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Kes wrote:It's each to their own though, isn't it?

You spend your cash on seeing the musical because you still enjoy it. Hopefully no-one's going to say they don't understand you doing that.

I don't really enjoy it any more, in fact I will only go now if there is people to meet. It started to become like a collection, it started to become something that I did to reach 'x' number of shows and that was just silly. I was following the touring version, until I actually sat down and thought to myself, 'why am I doing this?' I feel the same about my Queen collection now...it's not something that makes me happy and now I have broken the chain of buying useless cd's and dvd's, I feel so much better.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:53 pm

Monday May 14th, is the 10 year anniversary date...and guess what, tickets are not on sale yet, the previous day and the day after tickets are though! Looks as if they are holding them back for a gala show maybe? If I find a ticket anywhere, I will buy one, if that's not the date, well, no real problem.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby fairydandy » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Ok, so I found a place that will sell tickets for the 14th. I won't buy them because it doesn't give a seat number and it wants to charge £5.90 for postage. Sorry, but out of principle I won't pay £5.90 for an envelope to come through the post (that costs, what is it 40 pence?)

http://www.londonwestendtheatretickets.com/

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby Bijou » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm seeing it on the 20th of October. I've just started a new job and got invited to a day out to London to see it. :)

Bijou
We Will Rock You

Return to We Will Rock You