Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Nicki

Live Around The World

Post by Nicki »

I think it’s time that the upcoming Live Album gets it’s own topic with its proper title, so that it’s easier to find. I‘m still very happy, that I will finally get my first QAL release!! :D

Here er the tracklists for the CD/Vinyl and DVD/BluRay:

Vinyl + CD
1 Tear It Up (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
2 Now I'm Here (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
3 Another One Bites The Dust (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
4 Fat Bottomed Girls (American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019)

5 Don't Stop Me Now (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016)
6 I Want To Break Free (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016)
7 Somebody to Love (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016)
8 Love Kills - The Ballad (iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014)

9 I Was Born To Love You (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
10 Under Pressure (Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019)
11 Who Wants To Live Forever (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016)
12 The Show Must Go On (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
13 Love Of My Life (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)

14 Bohemian Rhapsody (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
15 Radio Ga Ga (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
16 Ay-Ohs (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
17 Hammer To Fall (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
18 Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
19 We Will Rock You (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
20 We Are The Champions (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)

DVD / Blu-Ray
1 Tear It Up (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
2 Now I'm Here (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
3 Another One Bites The Dust (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
4 Fat Bottomed Girls (American Airlines Center, Dallas, USA, 2019)
5 Don't Stop Me Now (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016)
6 I Want To Break Free (Rock In Rio, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016)
7 Somebody to Love (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016)
8 Love Kills - The Ballad (iHeart Radio Theater, Los Angeles, USA, 2014)
9 I Was Born To Love You (Summer Sonic, Tokyo, Japan, 2014)
10 Drum Battle (Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney, Australia, 2014)
11 Under Pressure (Global Citizen Festival, New York, USA, 2019)
12 Who Wants To Live Forever (Isle of Wight Festival, UK, 2016)
13 Guitar Solo - Last Horizon (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
14 The Show Must Go On (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
15 Love Of My Life (O2 Arena, London, UK, 2018)
16 Bohemian Rhapsody (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
17 Radio Ga Ga (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
18 Ay-Ohs (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
19 Hammer To Fall (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
20 Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
21 We Will Rock You (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
22 We Are The Champions (Fire Fight Australia, Sydney, Australia, 2020)
Tracks 10+13 only on DVD and BluRay

Nicki

Re: Live Around The World

Post by Nicki »

It’s only about half an hour until the premiere of „The Show must go on“ by QAL in London 2018. :D

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Ok, I just watched the premiere of the TSMGO video with around 15.000 other fans from all around the globe on YT. Almost 9.000 chatting in the chat box.

Yes, I really like the song. The editing is a bit too much for me with cuts every 2 seconds. But hey, if you filmed from so many camera angles, you must make use of it. Thumbs up from me (no surprise!)! Now I will watch it again and then I need to catch some sleep.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Yeah, the editing was a bit weird, but not too distracting. Overall, it looks and sounds pretty good.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

A question for the experts out there:
Last week I've preordered the album on Itunes. It looks like "The Show must go on" is available now and when I'm not logged in, a price is showing. But I can't download it (or listen to the whole song). It only shows as preordered. Ive tried on my computer and Iphone, but nothing works. :(
Usually, with other preorderes before, I got the songs, as soon as they had been available, but not this time. Does anybody else have this problem or an explanation?
I'm waiting to have it finally on my phone.

Edit: Now, a day later (of 23 hours after release) , my ITunes downloaded TSMGO! Yes! :lol:

Frank

Post by Frank »

Nicki wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:44 pm A question for the experts out there:
Last week I've preordered the album on Itunes. It looks like "The Show must go on" is available now and when I'm not logged in, a price is showing. But I can't download it (or listen to the whole song). It only shows as preordered. Ive tried on my computer and Iphone, but nothing works. :(
Usually, with other preorderes before, I got the songs, as soon as they had been available, but not this time. Does anybody else have this problem or an explanation?
I'm waiting to have it finally on my phone.

Edit: Now, a day later (of 23 hours after release) , my ITunes downloaded TSMGO! Yes! :lol:
I can't answer your question because I don't use iTunes anymore. But I would highly recommend Apple Music. It downloaded instantly without me having to do anything. And honestly, if you buy music a lot, it ends up paying for itself and then some. I've saved so much money. My favorite activity was always to go music shopping...local shop, iTunes, FYE, wherever. Now with the click of a button I can download all these tunes, and the library is practically limitless.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:02 am I can't answer your question because I don't use iTunes anymore. But I would highly recommend Apple Music. It downloaded instantly without me having to do anything. And honestly, if you buy music a lot, it ends up paying for itself and then some. I've saved so much money. My favorite activity was always to go music shopping...local shop, iTunes, FYE, wherever. Now with the click of a button I can download all these tunes, and the library is practically limitless.
...and the artists don't get anything - the curse of streaming. ;)

I still buy CDs...I rather have a physical copy with a nice booklet to put on my shelf, also I rather like to support the musicians since I'm usually very thankful for their music. No surprise ticket prices became more and more expensive over the years since musicians barely earn anything from album sales anymore thanks to streaming.

As for this QAL song...I don't need it right now, I'll wait for the Blu-ray. Hope the price still drops, right now it's 26€ on amazon, that's too much for that compilation. Bought the new Metallica Blu-ray with a full 150 min. show + bonus yesterday for 19€, that's ok.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Ray wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:45 am
Frank wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:02 am I can't answer your question because I don't use iTunes anymore. But I would highly recommend Apple Music. It downloaded instantly without me having to do anything. And honestly, if you buy music a lot, it ends up paying for itself and then some. I've saved so much money. My favorite activity was always to go music shopping...local shop, iTunes, FYE, wherever. Now with the click of a button I can download all these tunes, and the library is practically limitless.

I still buy CDs...I rather have a physical copy with a nice booklet to put on my shelf, also I rather like to support the musicians since I'm usually very thankful for their music. No surprise ticket prices became more and more expensive over the years since musicians barely earn anything from album sales anymore thanks to streaming.

As for this QAL song...I don't need it right now, I'll wait for the Blu-ray. Hope the price still drops, right now it's 26€ on amazon, that's too much for that compilation. Bought the new Metallica Blu-ray with a full 150 min. show + bonus yesterday for 19€, that's ok.
Actually, the artists do get paid. It's not a lot. Approximately $0.006 and $0.0084 per stream in royalties. But for bigger artists like Queen, it adds up. Also, don't forget to take into account streaming on YouTube. And with the various other different streaming platforms combined I would imagine quite a chunk of change for any major artist. Now, for independent artists and the like, yeah, that's a tough nut to crack. Still, you're right. Nowadays, artists seem to make most their money from ticket sales and merchandise...partly why that stuff is so damn expensive.

At the end of the day, "if you can't beat them, join them."

I use Apple Music because I'm not wealthy. I'd rather pay $10/month for unlimited streaming than buy CDs for $12.99 each. That shit adds up fast, especially if you're someone like me who likes to listen to as much music as possible. There's so much out there to enjoy that I could easily kill my bank account. So Apple Music has been a personal Godsend. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Now, I have to agree there's still nothing quite like having the actual product in my hand. The booklet with lyrics, the artwork in general, and even just that smell. So I will still go out and buy physical copies for my favorite artists (Queen, The Darkness, Lady Gaga, and a slew of more independent artists). But I've got to say, the amount of room (not just $$$) I save is amazing. My CD collection was getting out of hand. Boxes and boxes. I had to organize it all, and if I lost an album I was gutted. Now it's all on my iPod or computer. It's right there. Always. Less clutter in the house! That's a major plus for both me and the Mrs.

Just because I or anyone else prefers streaming doesn't mean we're not thankful for the artist. There are other ways they're making money and for big artists like Queen they'll always be richer than me anyway. So why should I care? Yeah, I'm concerned about the little guy - the one's trying to make it in the business. And I'll buy their actual records if I really dig them. But as they say, you've got to look out for number one. And that's me. Not them. I don't want to break my bank anymore than I have to. It's bad enough with those ticket sales, which wouldn't be as big a problem if it weren't for streaming. Like you said, the curse of streaming.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Frank wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:01 pm
Ray wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:45 am

Actually, the artists do get paid. It's not a lot. Approximately $0.006 and $0.0084 per stream in royalties. But for bigger artists like Queen, it adds up. Also, don't forget to take into account streaming on YouTube. And with the various other different streaming platforms combined I would imagine quite a chunk of change for any major artist. Now, for independent artists and the like, yeah, that's a tough nut to crack. Still, you're right. Nowadays, artists seem to make most their money from ticket sales and merchandise...partly why that stuff is so damn expensive.

At the end of the day, "if you can't beat them, join them."

I use Apple Music because I'm not wealthy. I'd rather pay $10/month for unlimited streaming than buy CDs for $12.99 each. That shit adds up fast, especially if you're someone like me who likes to listen to as much music as possible. There's so much out there to enjoy that I could easily kill my bank account. So Apple Music has been a personal Godsend. I don't think I'll ever go back.

Now, I have to agree there's still nothing quite like having the actual product in my hand. The booklet with lyrics, the artwork in general, and even just that smell. So I will still go out and buy physical copies for my favorite artists (Queen, The Darkness, Lady Gaga, and a slew of more independent artists). But I've got to say, the amount of room (not just $$$) I save is amazing. My CD collection was getting out of hand. Boxes and boxes. I had to organize it all, and if I lost an album I was gutted. Now it's all on my iPod or computer. It's right there. Always. Less clutter in the house! That's a major plus for both me and the Mrs.

Just because I or anyone else prefers streaming doesn't mean we're not thankful for the artist. There are other ways they're making money and for big artists like Queen they'll always be richer than me anyway. So why should I care? Yeah, I'm concerned about the little guy - the one's trying to make it in the business. And I'll buy their actual records if I really dig them. But as they say, you've got to look out for number one. And that's me. Not them. I don't want to break my bank anymore than I have to. It's bad enough with those ticket sales, which wouldn't be as big a problem if it weren't for streaming. Like you said, the curse of streaming.
From just an hour’s worth of work a week, you can afford a new album. Maybe more.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I can easily pump through 2-3 albums per week. That's anywhere from 8 to 12 albums per month. That's $103 to $156 per month. So again, $10/month for streaming with Apple Music is a better deal for me, personally.