Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Nicki

Re: Live Around The World

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:17 pm Really? I thought the picture disc quality was about the same now. Sorry to hear that.

It will look good in a frame.
It will for sure. It looks good on the turntable as well. ;)

I now pre-ordered that new vinyl online at my local Media Markt, the price is the same as on Amazon (26,31€). They will notify me, when they have it.

Edit: Amazon Germany is out of vinyls. It will take a while until they get new stock.
Last edited by Nicki on Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonecoldcrazy71

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

the milkman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:09 pm
Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:39 pm Congrats on being #1 again Queen..Lambert Is obviously a better fit than Rodgers was, but Adam's fans are out of control. Many are saying Adam achieved things Mercury never did. If they write a studio record and It's as good as the original band I'll give Adam full credit. Right now he's Just singing songs that are already legendary. I'm still glad Queen are on top again I guess
So I guess they’re saying that Freddie never had a #1 U.K. album but Adam has?
I made the mistake of going on the youtube comments. A proper Queen fan made a pretty Innocent comment saying Adam hits crazy high notes and has a wide range, but he didn't like the sound of his voice and his tone. That's when the Adam fans went crazy. A woman, I think her name was Caroline went on about how Freddie wasn't that great because he only wrote 11 songs for Queen. Only 11 freaking songs? Lol..another fan named Adamlover was the one who said Adam achieved more than Freddie In his solo career, and that Freddie never won awards like Adam has. His fans are all over YouTube. Nothing wrong with being a fan, but some of them try and downplay Freddie's Importance. I try and get the link. Can't believe what I was reading.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

the milkman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:04 pm Were you surprised by how little it sold in the US? I was thinking it would sell over 20,000 so I was. I figured a few Adam fans would buy two copies and a few of the Queen fans would buy it.
I didn’t really think about the US charts. How man did they sell?

From what I‘ve read on Adamtopia (most fans there are from the US), there has been zero US promo for the album. Also, buying it wasn’t that easy, because shops didn’t sell all versions (usually only the CD/BluRay bundle) and what had been available, wasn’t for long. I don’t know, if that’s true for all of the US, of course, these are just stories told by some of Adam’s US fans. How I understand it, US fans had to look for the album. If you knew about it, you could buy it. Casual fans have probably missed it. But you should know better about that, right? ;)

In short, either the US wasn’t interested or QAL decided to concentrate on the other markets.

I don’t know, what the problem was, since shops in the UK ran out of copies of the album. It really sounds, as if QAL was overrun by the huge demand. They probably have noticed it after the announcement, when the Official Shop started the sale. One of the big shops in the US had stopped taking preorders early. Sold out. It had been available again later, but it all sounds, as if physical copies had been rare...
Last edited by Nicki on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:43 pm
Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:39 pm Congrats on being #1 again Queen..Lambert Is obviously a better fit than Rodgers was, but Adam's fans are out of control. Many are saying Adam achieved things Mercury never did. If they write a studio record and It's as good as the original band I'll give Adam full credit. Right now he's Just singing songs that are already legendary. I'm still glad Queen are on top again I guess
I made the mistake of going on the youtube comments. A proper Queen fan made a pretty Innocent comment saying Adam hits crazy high notes and has a wide range, but he didn't like the sound of his voice and his tone. That's when the Adam fans went crazy. A woman, I think her name was Caroline went on about how Freddie wasn't that great because he only wrote 11 songs for Queen. Only 11 freaking songs? Lol..another fan named Adamlover was the one who said Adam achieved more than Freddie In his solo career, and that Freddie never won awards like Adam has. His fans are all over YouTube. Nothing wrong with being a fan, but some of them try and downplay Freddie's Importance. I try and get the link. Can't believe what I was reading.
Surely you aren't gonna let a handful of Adam's (lets call them over enthusiastic) fans who get carried away upset you? They love Adam the way Queen fans love Freddie, I've seen a few over enthusiastic Freddie fans claim all sorts of nonsense about him and they don't accept any other version than what they want to believe but the majority of Adam's fans don't think like that.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Well, teenage girls (which those writing this most likely are) usually have a very extreme perception for things they like. ;) One can't take that serious.

Stonecoldcrazy71

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 pm

Surely you aren't gonna let a handful of Adam's (lets call them over enthusiastic) fans who get carried away upset you? They love Adam the way Queen fans love Freddie, I've seen a few over enthusiastic Freddie fans claim all sorts of nonsense about him and they don't accept any other version than what they want to believe but the majority of Adam's fans don't think like that.
It didn't upset me, but when I read Freddie only wrote 11 songs for Queen I was amazed someone could be that clueless.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Nicki wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:45 pm
the milkman wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:04 pm Were you surprised by how little it sold in the US? I was thinking it would sell over 20,000 so I was. I figured a few Adam fans would buy two copies and a few of the Queen fans would buy it.
I didn’t really think about the US charts. How man did they sell?

From what I‘ve read on Adamtopia (most fans there are from the US), there has been zero US promo for the album. Also, buying it wasn’t that easy, because shops didn’t sell all versions (usually only the CD/BluRay bundle) and what had been available, wasn’t for long. I don’t know, if that’s true for all of the US, of course, these are just stories told by some of Adam’s US fans. How I understand it, US fans had to look for the album. If you knew about it, you could buy it. Casual fans have probably missed it. But you should know better about that, right? ;)

In short, either the US wasn’t interested or QAL decided to concentrate on the other markets.

I don’t know, what the problem was, since shops in the UK ran out of copies of the album. It really sounds, as if QAL was overrun by the huge demand. They probably have noticed it after the announcement, when the Official Shop started the sale. One of the big shops in the US had stopped taking preorders early. Sold out. It had been available again later, but it all sounds, as if physical copies had been rare...
It sold 8.5k. I really don’t know what kind of promo they expected or wanted. It’s a live album released during a pandemic. It wasn’t going to get played on the radio.

The CD/Blu Ray was at my local Target for $13.99. Looks like it’s the same price on Amazon. My local record store had it on vinyl but I didn’t look for the CD. Don’t really see how it was hard to buy it. It just looks like the Cd only version wasn’t released here.

Streaming is free and it was streamed less than Dolly Parton’s Christmas album.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

Units sold for Top 3 in the UK album charts below. It doesn't seem as close as it was predicted!

1. Queen & Adam Lambert - Live Around The World (25,275)
2. Blackpink - The Album (19,310)
3. Oasis - (What's The Story) Morning Glory (14,527)

Stonecoldcrazy71

It will be Interesting to see what the chart position In the States will be.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:44 pm It will be Interesting to see what the chart position In the States will be.
55 on the Rolling Stone list so I don’t think it’s going to make the top 50.