Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
midnight sky

Re: Live Around The World

Post by midnight sky »

What were the things they dropped for this? Statements like that really make it hard to support Q+AL , personally speaking.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:58 pm What were the things they dropped for this? Statements like that really make it hard to support Q+AL , personally speaking.
I understand it more like they „put something else on hold.“ For these 2 weeks, that it took to put together the live album. I guess, we can all live with that.
I actually find it more interesting, that he’s saying by that, that other things ARE in the making!

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:58 pm What were the things they dropped for this? Statements like that really make it hard to support Q+AL , personally speaking.
I guess they are busy with some special releases for their next year's 50th. It's a hint from Brian. :D
The Queen + Adam Lambert album was clearly rushed and there was no real planning or promotion strategy behind it. It's all worked out really well for them though.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

AngelR wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 am
I guess they are busy with some special releases for their next year's 50th. It's a hint from Brian. :D
The Queen + Adam Lambert album was clearly rushed and there was no real planning or promotion strategy behind it. It's all worked out really well for them though.
Next year, it could be possible for Q+AL to tour again, so their focus won't be solely for the 50th anniversary.
I can tell it it was rushed , even down to the front cover. I don't even think they put the best versions on this.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:05 am
I understand it more like they „put something else on hold.“ For these 2 weeks, that it took to put together the live album. I guess, we can all live with that.
I actually find it more interesting, that he’s saying by that, that other things ARE in the making!
Two weeks to put this together? Too bad more thought wasn't put into it.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:10 am
Nicki wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:05 am
What do you think is lacking and what do you think should be different?

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:08 am
AngelR wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:10 am
Next year, it could be possible for Q+AL to tour again, so their focus won't be solely for the 50th anniversary.
I can tell it it was rushed , even down to the front cover. I don't even think they put the best versions on this.
I can only hope that they will tour again next year... That's why they have to prepare all anniversary goodies now. Fingers crossed.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:23 pm
Young Music Fan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:54 pm

I feel the same way.
But then calling it strictly QAL instead of Queen and Adam Lambert to me feels more like Adam has replaced Freddie.

Do you both feel the same way about Queen + Paul Rodgers?
I remember debating with myself if I should buy TCR and ROTC. I ended up buying it, because I liked the music pretty much. But I still like ROTC more than the studio album, oddly enough.
Except for LOML and Freddie's day o's, to be blunt there is not much I like about LATW. If I was offered this for free, even then I wouldn't want this in my collection.
This isn't a Queen number one in my opinion. It's Q+AL.
To me they’re both different but neither one of them are Queen. One created new music and the other is just doing Queen karaoke. Congratulations to all involved but it’s not a Queen #1 or an Adam #1. It’s sure as shit not both like they’re trying to make it out to be.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

the milkman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:32 am
midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:23 pm
Young Music Fan wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm

But then calling it strictly QAL instead of Queen and Adam Lambert to me feels more like Adam has replaced Freddie.

Do you both feel the same way about Queen + Paul Rodgers?
I remember debating with myself if I should buy TCR and ROTC. I ended up buying it, because I liked the music pretty much. But I still like ROTC more than the studio album, oddly enough.
Except for LOML and Freddie's day o's, to be blunt there is not much I like about LATW. If I was offered this for free, even then I wouldn't want this in my collection.
This isn't a Queen number one in my opinion. It's Q+AL.
To me they’re both different but neither one of them are Queen. One created new music and the other is just doing Queen karaoke. Congratulations to all involved but it’s not a Queen #1 or an Adam #1. It’s sure as shit not both like they’re trying to make it out to be.
Well said, I agree with every word here.

Ray

Post by Ray »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:10 am
I agree. Not surprised at all it only took them 2 weeks, the result shows it's nothing ambitious. I don't see the reason to rush such a release when there is so much time right now anyway. And it's not sure at all they can do the concerts next year.

Getting to no.1 with that little effort in the product and promotion just shows how popular Queen music is right now. The movie did a lot for them.