Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
User avatar
midnight sky
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by midnight sky »

I can't even find it on the Canadian billboard chart. I looked quick, so I may have missed it.

User avatar
the milkman
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by the milkman »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 pm I can't even find it on the Canadian billboard chart. I looked quick, so I may have missed it.
The Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack was #49 in Canada the first week of LATW but I don’t think QAL cracked the top 50.

User avatar
midnight sky
Posts: 360
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:11 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by midnight sky »

the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 pm
midnight sky wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:06 pm I can't even find it on the Canadian billboard chart. I looked quick, so I may have missed it.
The Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack was #49 in Canada the first week of LATW but I don’t think QAL cracked the top 50.
I wasn't expecting it to do well here to be honest. It's amazing to me in some cases, if not music Queen with Freddie is beating LATW. Does not surprise me at all.

AngelR
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Live Around The World

Post by AngelR »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:44 am
the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 pm The Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack was #49 in Canada the first week of LATW but I don’t think QAL cracked the top 50.
I wasn't expecting it to do well here to be honest. It's amazing to me in some cases, if not music Queen with Freddie is beating LATW. Does not surprise me at all.
Yes, there was a small boost to the original Queen records as well over here. Don't forget we missed out on the Rhapsody tour...
Shame LATW didn't perform well in America. This release was so rushed. Maybe it would've done better with some promotion?
Who could've predicted the UK and Australia #1s? I hoped for the top 10, not #1! I think they didn't expect it to do so well themselves, considering that last unplanned push!
Would be interesting to compare LATW performance to the first Queen + PR live release.

User avatar
the milkman
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by the milkman »

I think they knew it wasn’t going to do good here no matter what. That’s why it’s so cheap here. I mean what kind of promotion do you expect for a live album? All the major magazines talked about it here and Sirius XM radio advertised it.

AngelR
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:04 am

Re: Live Around The World

Post by AngelR »

Yet, they underestimated demand over here.
I think any TV promotion works. Prime time TV especially.
They didn't have time to plan any shows participation even over here. Also Brian's been still recovering after his health scare. So, I think the UK and Australia #1s are really cool!
Great news from Australia today, LATW is #2 on ARIA albums chart this week!

User avatar
the milkman
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by the milkman »

AngelR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:28 pm Yet, they underestimated demand over here.
I think any TV promotion works. Prime time TV especially.
They didn't have time to plan any shows participation even over here. Also Brian's been still recovering after his health scare. So, I think the UK and Australia #1s are really cool!
Great news from Australia today, LATW is #2 on ARIA albums chart this week!
But it’s a live album with no new songs. What did you expect? Live albums aren’t promoted like a new album.

Is it sold out in the UK? Can you not get it now?

Amazon UK has all of the editions and I remember somebody here saying they dropped the price to 5.99 to get it to number one in the UK.

How did they underestimate the demand? You must live in Australia.

eiricd
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:09 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by eiricd »

AngelR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:47 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:44 am
the milkman wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 pm The Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack was #49 in Canada the first week of LATW but I don’t think QAL cracked the top 50.
I wasn't expecting it to do well here to be honest. It's amazing to me in some cases, if not music Queen with Freddie is beating LATW. Does not surprise me at all.
Yes, there was a small boost to the original Queen records as well over here. Don't forget we missed out on the Rhapsody tour...
Shame LATW didn't perform well in America. This release was so rushed. Maybe it would've done better with some promotion?
Who could've predicted the UK and Australia #1s? I hoped for the top 10, not #1! I think they didn't expect it to do so well themselves, considering that last unplanned push!
Would be interesting to compare LATW performance to the first Queen + PR live release.

Been trying to find the first week sales of return of the champions (#12) to this qal release.
I’m sure the numbers aren’t far apart (QPR may even. Surpass qal)

What’s even more interesting; compare the tickets sales to the album sales

User avatar
Nicki
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by Nicki »

eiricd wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 pm
AngelR wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:47 pm
midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:44 am

I wasn't expecting it to do well here to be honest. It's amazing to me in some cases, if not music Queen with Freddie is beating LATW. Does not surprise me at all.
Yes, there was a small boost to the original Queen records as well over here. Don't forget we missed out on the Rhapsody tour...
Shame LATW didn't perform well in America. This release was so rushed. Maybe it would've done better with some promotion?
Who could've predicted the UK and Australia #1s? I hoped for the top 10, not #1! I think they didn't expect it to do so well themselves, considering that last unplanned push!
Would be interesting to compare LATW performance to the first Queen + PR live release.

Been trying to find the first week sales of return of the champions (#12) to this qal release.
I’m sure the numbers aren’t far apart (QPR may even. Surpass qal)

What’s even more interesting; compare the tickets sales to the album sales
You can’t compare the numbers from QPR with QAL. The industry has changed too much. People stream. Everyone, who’s not that much a fan, can listen to the album without paying. QAL‘s streaming numbers aren‘t huge compared to some acts with younger fans. But they had more than 300k album streams in the UK in the first week (if I remember that number correctly). In that regard the number compared to tickets sold fits.

User avatar
the milkman
Posts: 1189
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Re: Live Around The World

Post by the milkman »

Only die hard fans and collectors purchase music now. I’m sure some older casual music fans purchase a few CDs a year but not like they used to.

Post Reply