Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
midnight sky

Re: Live Around The World

Post by midnight sky »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm
Ray wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:18 pm
MusicalProstitute wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:59 am Such a shame. For me, it is the finest opening to any Queen show ever. And it sounds so epic. I was going to blast that from my speakers so bloody loud!
I hope I will still have the chance to see it live. I'm really curious to see how they want to top the Frank opening, that was already spectacular.

So we need TWO more (proper!) live releases I guess...one of the last tour and one of the current. :D ;)

In case the tour can't happen next year, it will be interesting to see what they'll do. Right now the situation is still kinda new and they hope to be able to continue their original plans next year. But if they can't they have even more time than already now and I hope they turn their attention to some (good) releases...
Man, the Innuendo intro is truly wonderful. Although, I did like the Frank opening.

I reckon they will celebrate their 50th on tour next year (if all is back to normal by then). I just hope we get some decent, wanted (!) product too. A live box set would be nice (and about bloody time).
Now, if there was a Queen .I've set box next year, I'm sure to buy it. Pronto ;)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Thank you posts by Brian and Roger on Instagram:

Video:

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:54 pm

Now, if there was a Queen .I've set box next year, I'm sure to buy it. Pronto ;)
It actually astounds me that a group with the live reputation of Queen do not have an extensive, comprehensive live product out there. The closest visual release we ever got was Rare Live (and I bloody adored that one).

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

I’m a bit confused why a live box set is needed when so many live Queen concert videos have been out for years as well as publications. What would be included in a box set that doesn’t already exist?

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

carolb57 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:52 pm I’m a bit confused why a live box set is needed when so many live Queen concert videos have been out for years as well as publications. What would be included in a box set that doesn’t already exist?
Well, audio-wise there are plenty of unreleased gems. Visually? There is still footage unreleased which needs to be worked on (Earls Court, for example). Considering they are classed as one of the finest live performers ever, we should celebrate that fact.

Also, this was actually proposed by the band some years back.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Since when does Roger have a tattoo on his hand? :D Never noticed that before.

What I still want on live DVD/Blu-ray:

- 1977 shows: whatever is possible, there are two shows as bootlegs (Earls Court, Houston), also at least 2-3 clips from Hyde Park 76 as bonus would be nice if the quality isn't good enough for it to get a seperate release

- 1979 shows: at best a compilation of multiple concerts since afaik they have none filmed complete of the tour (I'd love a setlist like the Live Killers album)

- 2018 O2 complete show with some backstage bonus/interview material

A proper release of Rio 85 or Sao Paulo 81 would be nice too, but I don't know how much could be done with the existing material.

eiricd

Post by eiricd »

on the wish list for video releases I must always throw in
QPR - Hyde Park 2005
QPR - any 2008 gig that was later in the tour. Preferably the first o2 gig which I thought was superb. There's stuff from south america, too.. The Ukraine video is about as representative for QPR 2008 as this live around the world is for qal

Stonecoldcrazy71

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

eiricd wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:48 pm on the wish list for video releases I must always throw in
QPR - Hyde Park 2005
QPR - any 2008 gig that was later in the tour. Preferably the first o2 gig which I thought was superb. There's stuff from south america, too.. The Ukraine video is about as representative for QPR 2008 as this live around the world is for qal
The QPR release will never happen. For some reason It's like the paul Rodgers era never happened. The band never talks about It and most fans forgotten about It.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:34 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:54 pm

It actually astounds me that a group with the live reputation of Queen do not have an extensive, comprehensive live product out there. The closest visual release we ever got was Rare Live (and I bloody adored that one).
I absolutely agree with you. Sometimes I wish I was the one digging through all the audio and video.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

carolb57 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:52 pm I’m a bit confused why a live box set is needed when so many live Queen concert videos have been out for years as well as publications. What would be included in a box set that doesn’t already exist?
There has not been all that many when it comes down to it.
I know I would love more from the 70s. Rainbow was an unexpected surprise.