Live Around The World

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
YAFF

Re: Live Around The World

Post by YAFF »

Nicki wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:29 pm Queen just released another official video from the BuRay/DVD on YouTube:
Somebody to Love (from the Isle if Wright 2016).
I really enjoyed this video, when I watched my BluRay for the first time. I can’t remember, if it had been available on YT before, but for me it looked new! It’s also the only song on the album, where Adam actually interacts with the audience, even if it’s just a little bit.

ABYSMAL

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

He's singing it because just because he can, but I doubt he feels the emotional aspects of the lyrics with that song at all.
Never thought STL could look and sound so cheesy, and overblown but here it is. Overdramatic with no feeling.
All IMO.
In other words, abysmal. ;)

Jake

Post by Jake »

midnight sky wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:52 am He's singing it because just because he can, but I doubt he feels the emotional aspects of the lyrics with that song at all.
Never thought STL could look and sound so cheesy, and overblown but here it is. Overdramatic with no feeling.
All IMO.
In other words, abysmal. ;)
He over sings it, too. When he sings Queen songs, he noticeably over-does it. He doesn’t do the same with his solo work. He doesn’t sound like Freddie, but he does try to sing louder and everything, which doesn’t sound good. He needs to sing lower and not have that habit of holding the note after every line.

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Didn't follow after the first week but pleasantly surprised to see LATW still at 41 in the UK charts. Greatest Hits is 21, which tells its own story, but kind of thought it would drop out the top 100 pretty quick.

Update as of the new chart on the 27th Nov...52 last week and 62 this week.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

This video was just released on YouTube. Did anyone here sent in a picture or video and is seen in the video? :D I really like the idea of it. I have spotted 2 friends. I had thought about sending a picture in, but forgot about it. It doesn’t matter, I like to see all the fans from around the globe! Hopefully with the vaccinations starting soon, we will be able to attend concerts again next year! Fingers (and toes!) crossed!

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Oh yeah, QAL in June. I hadn't thought about that since they announcement the first vaccine was approved in the UK. Wouldn't it be great by June if we can have full arenas again? I wonder what the chances are?

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

BitterTears wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:40 pm Oh yeah, QAL in June. I hadn't thought about that since they announcement the first vaccine was approved in the UK. Wouldn't it be great by June if we can have full arenas again? I wonder what the chances are?
Chances are slim, but it’s still possible .
Here in Germany they are setting up vaccine stations all over the country, so that they can literally vaccinate everyone (twice) within a few months. Given that there will be enough stuff and vaccine. And people willing to take it.
But for now we’re waiting for the approval, which is said will take until the end of december. So you guys in the UK should have a head start. Which is ok, since the London shows will be earlier than the shows over here as well. ;)

Meanwhile, Brian is working on something else to safe the concerts: He had an idea and is trying to design an airflow concept for arenas to make them safe(r). In the caption of his Instagram post he explained about it today. It makes me really happy, that Brian seems to be ok and is not only working on his fitness, but is already thinking about airflow systems. :D

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

I love that Brian is involved with something like that!

Here in the UK, they're still reluctant to let even partial crowds back into football stadiums which don't have any issue with airflow, of course. So I'm not sure if their ideas and solutions for indoor events will actually help in terms of concerts being allowed. But I love that these people and Brian are using their expertise and trying to make stuff happen.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:04 pm
BitterTears wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:40 pm Oh yeah, QAL in June. I hadn't thought about that since they announcement the first vaccine was approved in the UK. Wouldn't it be great by June if we can have full arenas again? I wonder what the chances are?
Here in Germany they are setting up vaccine stations all over the country, so that they can literally vaccinate everyone (twice) within a few months. Given that there will be enough stuff and vaccine. And people willing to take it.
But for now we’re waiting for the approval, which is said will take until the end of december. So you guys in the UK should have a head start. Which is ok, since the London shows will be earlier than the shows over here as well. ;)

Meanwhile, Brian is working on something else to safe the concerts: He had an idea and is trying to design an airflow concept for arenas to make them safe(r). In the caption of his Instagram post he explained about it today. It makes me really happy, that Brian seems to be ok and is not only working on his fitness, but is already thinking about airflow systems. :D
Saving lives is more important than saving rock and roll. Until there is a vaccine or a cure, I woulnt feel safe or at ease in huge crowds. In fact, there is a limit on crowd sizes in many areas.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Nicki wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:04 pm

Haha, I like the idea of Brian being one of the people finding a solution to make (all) concerts work again. We'll see how this all will turn out next year...I keep my hopes low, especially with bigger concerts...don't really expect to see QAL in June...but who knows, hopefully I'm wrong. Let's wait and see. Good thing is that Brian seems to better healthwise again...who knows how important that break was maybe for his overall health. I'm sure that sooner or later those last planned dates will still take place and hopefully until then Brian will be back with full power. Those might probably be the last QAL concerts, but I'm happy to still see them a third time.