I‘m planning to buy it.
3%
I didn’t buy it, but I‘m streaming it.
5%

Total votes: 39

Nicki

Did you buy Live Around the World?

Post by Nicki »

Someone wrote today that „no Queen fans in their right mind“ would buy the new Queen + Adam Lambert album LIVE AROUND THE WORLD.

Now I‘m curious, how many members here did buy it. Maybe you can also tell us the reason, why you did or did not. I guess, everyone here is a Queen fan. ;)
Last edited by Nicki on Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

midnight sky

Re: Did you buy Live Around the World?

Post by midnight sky »

Did not buy and won't be buying it. Not because I'm a hater :lol: , but because I find the selections of songs disappointing. Even if there was to be one of my favorite Queen songs on this, I would have likely purchased it just for that song alone.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I bought it because I love what Adam Lambert did with Brian and Roger, and because I also love the selection of songs.
I bought the cd and dvd, and I didn't care about the price because I almost never buy any cd these days.
Actually I still didn't play it but listened to the full album on Spotify 2 times already :lol: .
(I have to buy a cd player, as my old one broke...)
I amso happy to have a record with Brian and Roger, after so many years.
Last one was with Paul Rodgers in Ukraine and I never listened to it since several years!!
I really think that Adam has an incredible voice and what he does is amazing. I know Queen purists will bite me here but it reminds me listening Queen live when Freddie was there.
I can make the link in my mind, hearing Tear it up, Now I'm here..... Hearing Brian having fun on the guitar, Roger on the drums....
What matters for me is hearing them NOW.
Yes, I enjoy listening to Queen with Freddie, but it was 30 years ago so it is part of history.
There is a special excitement in living history TODAY. As I am young, I don't want to live in the past. So, I'm so thankful to Adam Lambert and will buy ANY record they make again in the future :)

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I just put in another option for those of you, who listen to music by streaming. :D

Oops. :shock: It seems that the poll went back to 0, after adding that choice. Now everyone, who did already vote, must do it again. Good to know for the future. I won’t change it again.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Still a no from me ;)

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:36 pm Did not buy and won't be buying it. Not because I'm a hater :lol: , but because I find the selections of songs disappointing. Even if there was to be one of my favorite Queen songs on this, I would have likely purchased it just for that song alone.
Really? That just sounds like more gibberish. So there are 19 songs on here and none of them are in your top 20?! Surely one would be. So you are also saying that you would brought an album featuring a singer you don't like even if you like just one song on it 😕.

What point are you trying to make?!

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

No from me.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

No. Don't like the voice.

rpt81

Post by rpt81 »

I bought the CD and Blu-ray set, my ultimate reasoning being that I wanted to have it.

While I admit I've never been 100% onboard with the collaboration, at the end of the day the album is still songs that I love, being performed by some of the people that helped make me love them in the first place.

It seems unlikely, given the general cost of tickets, travel and accommodation, that I would ever make it to a live show in the future (heck, given Brian's health scare and the whole C19 situation, there might not ever be another live show), so at the very least it's nice to have a document of this period in their career.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Why was this poll moved into the QAL section? The question was especially aimed at all Queen fans, as stated in my first post. Now, this makes no longer sense, since only Fans, who most probably like QAL, are seeing the poll.