QPR vs QAL

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Stonecoldcrazy71

QPR vs QAL

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

Let's hear from old and new fans. Since Freddie's death we seen Brian And Roger resurrect Queen with two main singers Paul Rodgers, a respected Rock singer and songwriter and Adam Lambert. Which of these two do you prefer for Queen?
Last edited by Stonecoldcrazy71 on Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mona Lisa

Re: QPR vs QAL

Post by Mona Lisa »

Could you do a poll?
I am not sure for what to vote. Probably QAL.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

We already had a poll with that question, but maybe that had been in the old forum.
I still know the result from that one. ;)
Should we answer in a text or would you like to add a poll? That would help with counting the votes.

Stonecoldcrazy71

Post by Stonecoldcrazy71 »

Nicki wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 pm We already had a poll with that question, but maybe that had been in the old forum.
Should we answer in a text or would you like to add a poll? That would help with counting the votes.
I'm not sure how too do a poll, but I would prefer that.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Stonecoldcrazy71 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:15 pm
Nicki wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 pm We already had a poll with that question, but maybe that had been in the old forum.
I'm not sure how too do a poll, but I would prefer that.
When you go back to edit your first post in this topic and look below the big white window for the text, there should be the option to add a poll.
At least it’s there, when you first open a new topic.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Q+PR. It was more of a rock show than a musical type of show, and that's why I like Q+PR more. Straight up rock with no gimmicks.

FunnyHowLoveIs

Post by FunnyHowLoveIs »

As custom with every Queen release, the press canned "The Cosmos Rocks".

I simply loved it.

"Time To Shine" is a standout.

I wonder how far QPR could've gone, the were more than a one hit wonder.

QAL deserves to be in the studio and as of late winter early spring 2017 rumor on the internet was QAL had been in the studio, recorded new material but stated it'd never see the light of day.
FWIW, I've heard "Don't Stop Me Now" with Adam singing in a commercial sans any piano, just drums, bass and electric guitar with of course Adam singing.

I wonder if QAL is going to pull what Journey did with Arnel Pineda and release rerecorded hits with Pineda on vocals. Ya, "Live Around The World" is exactly that but I refer to studio recordings, no audience.

No doubt Adam, Brian and Roger have much to say other than rehashing Freddie era catalog.

Funny

Ray

Post by Ray »

Since I've never seen QPR live and since I know from QAL how different my impression was from just watching some YouTube videos to actually seeing them in concert, it's hard to tell.

I guess most back then enjoyed QPR similar to those now who enjoy QAL. It's both not the real thing, so it comes only to who you subjectively like better - PR or AL. I guess by now I'm just kinda used to Adam since I've seen him live twice. I watched Return Of The Champions and the Ukraine concert only once, but someone recently pointed out those are kinda as representative for their concerts as Live Around The World is, so it's really hard to judge QPR retrospectively.

But I always thought Rodger's voice didn't really fit Queen songs...Adam sounds also different from Freddie, but his voice works better with the songs overall imo. Queen was not just Hard Rock all the time, they had very different kind of songs, and Adam's voice is more versatile than Rodger's imo.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Paul is one of the greatest ever rock/blues vocalists but he really was not suited to some of the bits they have to perform at every gig.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

JLP wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:39 am Paul is one of the greatest ever rock/blues vocalists but he really was not suited to some of the bits they have to perform at every gig.
This thread reminded me of something about PR. I never warmed up to him singing TSMGO. I just went back and watched it...I wish that song was never a part of Q+ shows.