QPR vs QAL

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
whitequeen20

Re: QPR vs QAL

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:06 am
whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:27 am
midnight sky wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm

At this point, i truly believe some of his fans would love things no matter what he sings, as long as AL is the one front and center. It's really obvious. No, no one has to be a Bowie fan, but I do feel many AL fans are missing out on so much. There is a big world out there. I came here as a Queen fan in 2007. Know something, I've learned litreally about 100s if not more artists because of people and posts here discussing other artists . And I'm glad and had my ears and eyes opened to so much. It's one of the things I'm most thankful here as a Queen and as a music fan.
I will not forget this, there have been so many Lambert fans who made their way here. How many have discussed Queen with Freddie in detail and was open to learning more about it. One. If that poster ever reads this, I thank her for that. At least she tried, asked questions, and we'll gave a damn enough to learn more.
And not everyone has to like AL singing, solo or Queen songs either.

I think it would be nice if Brian and Roger appeared...with or without AL. They have more of a connection with Bowie than AL ever did. I find it so strange that AL is involved with this at all. But I guess it's the Queen connection that made it happen. And many more people than AL thought of Bowie as their...I won't even say idol, but role model. Given the line up, AL is sticking out like s sore thumb with this in my books. I really hope he does good with the song though.
Why would the Queen connection have anything to do with it, Adam is a solo artist who gets asked to do lots of stuff that has nothing to do with Queen or his connection to them and he doesn't stick out IMO, he's been a Bowie fan and covered his music for years just like a lot of artists on the bill, why should he be any different. The powers that be in these events know Adam from lots of places and for lots of reasons, nothing to do with Queen, the fact you think he shouldn't be part of these events is what sticks out like a sore thumb, it says you think he's not a legitimate artist and not worthy of being asked, clearly lots of industry people think very differently about him.
I very much doubt that he would have been asked without the Queen connection.
Yea, he gets asked to do lots of stuff. Usually covers. ;)
Look at most of the acts involved with the tribute, I'd say all of them had more connection and in some cases friendship with Bowie than AL ever did. I would have given Lambert's spot to Brian and Roger if I had to choose.
When you're asked to do a tribute to someone it will obviously be a cover, same when you're asked to be part of a xmas show or a musical like Ratatouille and a lot of other things he's been involved in. The one's he's done this year that aren't specific like those he's done several of his own songs, just like all artists do.

All those acts are either people who worked with Bowie or as it specifically says were influenced by him, pretty sure yungblud didn't work with him so what's his connection?

No idea why you imagine Adam wouldn't be asked if not for Queen, he has plenty of credibility without the Queen connection. Mike Garson knows him, he posted on Adam's instagram "really looking forward to reuniting with you and having you on board with us". He played piano for him on the AMA's and it was recorded at Mike's house, industry people recognize how good he is and he gets asked because of that. Also he knows far more people in the industry than you seem to think and the majority aren't because of Queen.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 am
whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:27 am

Why would the Queen connection have anything to do with it, Adam is a solo artist who gets asked to do lots of stuff that has nothing to do with Queen or his connection to them and he doesn't stick out IMO, he's been a Bowie fan and covered his music for years just like a lot of artists on the bill, why should he be any different. The powers that be in these events know Adam from lots of places and for lots of reasons, nothing to do with Queen, the fact you think he shouldn't be part of these events is what sticks out like a sore thumb, it says you think he's not a legitimate artist and not worthy of being asked, clearly lots of industry people think very differently about him.
Look at most of the acts involved with the tribute, I'd say all of them had more connection and in some cases friendship with Bowie than AL ever did. I would have given Lambert's spot to Brian and Roger if I had to choose.
When you're asked to do a tribute to someone it will obviously be a cover, same when you're asked to be part of a xmas show or a musical like Ratatouille and a lot of other things he's been involved in. The one's he's done this year that aren't specific like those he's done several of his own songs, just like all artists do.

All those acts are either people who worked with Bowie or as it specifically says were influenced by him, pretty sure yungblud didn't work with him so what's his connection?

No idea why you imagine Adam wouldn't be asked if not for Queen, he has plenty of credibility without the Queen connection. Mike Garson knows him, he posted on Adam's instagram "really looking forward to reuniting with you and having you on board with us". He played piano for him on the AMA's and it was recorded at Mike's house, industry people recognize how good he is and he gets asked because of that. Also he knows far more people in the industry than you seem to think and the majority aren't because of Queen.
There is no way you can tell me much of what he's been asked to do these last few years are not due in huge part due to his Queen connections. Do you really think he would have asked to do the Bowie Tribute if not for that.
He lost me at that last private event he performed at by a company who is behind a multi level marketing scheme, and he even performed a Queen song there. He really should have stuck to his own music right there.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 am

There is no way you can tell me much of what he's been asked to do these last few years are not due in huge part due to his Queen connections. Do you really think he would have asked to do the Bowie Tribute if not for that.
He lost me at that last private event he performed at by a company who is behind a multi level marketing scheme, and he even performed a Queen song there. He really should have stuck to his own music right there.
I've just told you his connection to Bowie's piano player, he's known about him and played piano for him in 2010, that had nothing to do with Queen. He's asked to do lots of things that have nothing to do with Queen, he's known by tons of people in the industry for lots of reasons, to keep claiming he wouldn't be asked if not for Queen is rubbish.

That private event he performed at was a job and he did other songs not just the Queen one, he can sing whatever he likes at corporate events, there'll be a mix of people there and likely tons who love Queen so why not do a Queen song as well.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:00 am
midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 am

I've just told you his connection to Bowie's piano player, he's known about him and played piano for him in 2010, that had nothing to do with Queen. He's asked to do lots of things that have nothing to do with Queen, he's known by tons of people in the industry for lots of reasons, to keep claiming he wouldn't be asked if not for Queen is rubbish.

That private event he performed at was a job and he did other songs not just the Queen one, he can sing whatever he likes at corporate events, there'll be a mix of people there and likely tons who love Queen so why not do a Queen song as well.
Lots of things have changed since 2010. If AL kept on doing his own solo music, there is no way I would think he'd be invited to play store a Bowie tribute, even with the fact AL and his piano player played before.
I really wonder how much Herbalife paid him to perform at that event. The whole thing seemed so tacky to me, especially for a company such as that. That's what annoys me the most, for that particular company...ugh.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Queen has been part of Adam’s career for years now. He’s considered as much the singer for Queen as a solo artist. It doesn‘t make much sense to say, he wouldn’t be considered for the Bowie tribute, if it wasn’t for his work with Queen, because we can‘t know that. Maybe that’s true, maybe not. I for one could live without that performance.
But QAL is as well part of Adam’s career as his solo music. He’s working hard on both, so he deserves to be acknowledged for it.

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

MusicalProstitute

Post by MusicalProstitute »

dave4343palace wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:46 pm
MusicalProstitute wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Again, the clue is in the word 'presence'. Does not have to be a physical thing.

Anyway, have no patience with those who just Adam-bash. It is immature, pointless and shallow. Knock him all you want - your idols know better.
I completely agree... but every single word exactly applies the same for Q+PR, as well as solo work etc and projects from the archive that newer fans have no respect for or comprehension of what they may have meant at the time...
Fair point. I have no objections to anyone criticising either man - as long as it is fair criticism; it is just when it gets personal and silly that I cannot be arsed.

Each to their own. There is no wrong or right here. For me, I am just happy the band have a new lease of life and are finally getting the proper respect they deserve across the world.