QPR vs QAL

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
AngelR

Re: QPR vs QAL

Post by AngelR »

AngelR wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm
dave4343palace wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:07 pm :)
AngelR wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Adam Lambert is popular in Australia and NZ as a solo artist. It's a fact, even if you don't rate him. :roll: There were two OZ and NZ extremely successful Queen + Adam Lambert tours before the movie. There are sales numbers to confirm that. It's what happened in real life, not my 'crazy' imagination.
Also, #5 might be very good for Paul or Adam but not for Queen. We do not compare Queen vs QAL here but QPR vs QAL. How many weeks QPR's first live album was on the charts after its release? More than 12 or did it tank after Queen and Paul fans bought it on the release week? It will be a fair comparison then.....
You quite clearly did compare Queen’s history with Q+AL in Australasia in one of your many apple v orange comparisons.

I’m afraid your sycophantic approach to Q+AL makes even the likes of me cringe... and I travel the world on every tour to see them play.

My last response to you on the subject is that I have absolutely no doubt that if anyone offered Adam the career and credibility as a singer and musician when he reaches 70 years old that Paul enjoys today, he would bite their hand off.
Awwww my last response to you as well then. :(
No one even remembers about Queen tours with Paul apart from some odd fans with non-'sycophantic' approach to Q+AL like you. Strange that you take my observations about the last QAL tours numbers and Adam's popularity in Australia and NZ so close to your heart.
By the way, Live Around The World's charted at #28 in Australia last (the 13th) week. :D
Not sure why should Adam's future flop/great solo career make any difference to how his collaboration with Queen's been perceived from 2012 to 2020 anyway???
Some really sad announcements from our government now.....looks like there will be no tours this summer. Full lock down again. :cry:

Jake

Post by Jake »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Jake wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:35 am

True. Paul actually moved. Adam takes one inch steps on stage and loves standing in the same position making faces. Wayne Newton moves faster than Adam. Adam is very anti-athletic on stage.
Um, stage presence amounts to so much more than how much someone actually moves. The clue is in the word 'presence'.
His physical presence is not impressive.

Jake

Post by Jake »

AngelR wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:29 pm
AngelR wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 pm
dave4343palace wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:07 pm :)

You quite clearly did compare Queen’s history with Q+AL in Australasia in one of your many apple v orange comparisons.

I’m afraid your sycophantic approach to Q+AL makes even the likes of me cringe... and I travel the world on every tour to see them play.

My last response to you on the subject is that I have absolutely no doubt that if anyone offered Adam the career and credibility as a singer and musician when he reaches 70 years old that Paul enjoys today, he would bite their hand off.
By the way, Live Around The World's charted at #28 in Australia last (the 13th) week. :D
Those numbers aren’t impressive, I’m not sure why you keep mentioning them, acting as if it’ll be in the Guinness book of world records.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Jake wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 am
Jake wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:35 am

True. Paul actually moved. Adam takes one inch steps on stage and loves standing in the same position making faces. Wayne Newton moves faster than Adam. Adam is very anti-athletic on stage.
Um, stage presence amounts to so much more than how much someone actually moves. The clue is in the word 'presence'.
You do realize that just because you personally don't find his presence impressive doesn't mean it isn't right? He's constantly been talked about since Idol as having stage presence and being charismatic, lots of people agree that he is and has so it's a subjective thing that you don't personally see it. I've seen comments that Queen were overrated and Freddie had no charisma or stage presence and just looked stupid, there's obviously millions will disagree (me included) but there's people out there who didn't see what millions of us did, that's the case with all artists.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:17 am

You do realize that just because you personally don't find his presence impressive doesn't mean it isn't right? He's constantly been talked about since Idol as having stage presence and being charismatic, lots of people agree that he is and has so it's a subjective thing that you don't personally see it. I've seen comments that Queen were overrated and Freddie had no charisma or stage presence and just looked stupid, there's obviously millions will disagree (me included) but there's people out there who didn't see what millions of us did, that's the case with all artists.
Oh dear. Really not helping the case at all when it's said by some that Freddie had no charisma and stage presence and just looked stupid. Where have you read comments like that and what was being watched? Genuinely would like to know after such comments.
Of course tastes are subjective, but there are reasons why Freddie is considered such a great showman, his onstage performances had much to do with it.. His great stage presence is undeniable even on video. To have seen it live...even better going by what some here say after seeing Queen live.
Last edited by midnight sky on Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Oh dear. Really not helping the case at all when it's said by some that Freddie had no charisma and stage presence and just looked stupid. Where have you read comments like that and watching?
Of course tastes are subjective, but there are reasons why Freddie is considered such a great showman.
No idea why that's not helping the case, it's the point that there are always gonna be people who don't see what a lot of others do in an artist. I've seen those comments in various articles about Queen in newspapers etc, no one artist will ever appeal to everyone.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 pm

Oh dear. Really not helping the case at all when it's said by some that Freddie had no charisma and stage presence and just looked stupid. Where have you read comments like that and watching?
Of course tastes are subjective, but there are reasons why Freddie is considered such a great showman.
No idea why that's not helping the case, it's the point that there are always gonna be people who don't see what a lot of others do in an artist. I've seen those comments in various articles about Queen in newspapers etc, no one artist will ever appeal to everyone.
Read the room lol. :lol:
It's not news people like everyone the same way, and I'm personally glad for it. Although, the some people who say that Freddie had no charisma and stage presence are just trolls in my books.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:55 pm

It's not news people like everyone the same way, and I'm personally glad for it. Although, the some people who say that Freddie had no charisma and stage presence are just trolls in my books.
I don't need to read the room I'm simply saying what some other people think, I'm not including myself in their opinions. They aren't trolls they just aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, hard for Queen fans to understand but no different than a fan of anyone who others say they don't like. The point of the original comment was charisma and stage presence are in the eye(s) of the beholder and there's no one universal definition of that.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:01 pm

I don't need to read the room I'm simply saying what some other people think, I'm not including myself in their opinions. They aren't trolls they just aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, hard for Queen fans to understand but no different than a fan of anyone who others say they don't like. The point of the original comment was charisma and stage presence are in the eye(s) of the beholder and there's no one universal definition of that.
82 they aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, then I doubt they watched very much at all. Comes across as those people don't know what they are really talking about. Case closed.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:08 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:01 pm

82 they aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, then I doubt they watched very much at all. Comes across as those people don't know what they are really talking about. Case closed.
Hardly. Case closed for you maybe but in the real world not everyone likes everything others do and that doesn't mean they're wrong (for them), it's not rational to imagine there's something wrong with people who don't like what you do.