QPR vs QAL

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
midnight sky

Re: QPR vs QAL

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:21 pm
midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:08 pm
whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:01 pm

I don't need to read the room I'm simply saying what some other people think, I'm not including myself in their opinions. They aren't trolls they just aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, hard for Queen fans to understand but no different than a fan of anyone who others say they don't like. The point of the original comment was charisma and stage presence are in the eye(s) of the beholder and there's no one universal definition of that.
82 they aren't interested in Queen or Freddie, then I doubt they watched very much at all. Comes across as those people don't know what they are really talking about. Case closed.
Hardly. Case closed for you maybe but in the real world not everyone likes everything others do and that doesn't mean they're wrong (for them), it's not rational to imagine there's something wrong with people who don't like what you do.
I'm not that stupid, I'm fully aware that not everyone likes the same things. ;)
But yes, i think those people are trolls so yes, its case closed to those people who said that about Freddie but aren't interested in him or Queen.

Jake

Post by Jake »

whitequeen20 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:17 am
Jake wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 am
MusicalProstitute wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Um, stage presence amounts to so much more than how much someone actually moves. The clue is in the word 'presence'.
His physical presence is not impressive.
You do realize that just because you personally don't find his presence impressive doesn't mean it isn't right? He's constantly been talked about since Idol as having stage presence and being charismatic, lots of people agree that he is and has so it's a subjective thing that you don't personally see it. I've seen comments that Queen were overrated and Freddie had no charisma or stage presence and just looked stupid, there's obviously millions will disagree (me included) but there's people out there who didn't see what millions of us did, that's the case with all artists.
What’s impressive about it? That he wears costumes? His underbite? His makeup that he wears 24/7? He’s the slowest man in the pop/rock genre. Name one person who is slower than him in any genre and I’ll prove they move about the stage faster. He has to scream his vocals to match Freddie who could be so loud in his baritone voice. It’s embarrassing. Wtf is impressive inside your 72 year old mind worshipping him? Please tell us.

Jake

Post by Jake »

MusicalProstitute wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Um, stage presence amounts to so much more than how much someone actually moves. The clue is in the word 'presence'.
You do realize that just because you personally don't find his presence impressive doesn't mean it isn't right? He's constantly been talked about since Idol as having stage presence and being charismatic, lots of people agree that he is and has so it's a subjective thing that you don't personally see it. I've seen comments that Queen were overrated and Freddie had no charisma or stage presence and just looked stupid, there's obviously millions will disagree (me included) but there's people out there who didn't see what millions of us did, that's the case with all artists.
I haven’t heard any American saying that enjoyed it aside from hardcore fans who only wanted to see Roger or Brian. Adam is nothing in the USA anymore. QPR was talked about a lot more in the USA, and I don’t enjoy either versions. QAL is all the new BR film fans can see, so obviously Queen current Queen concerts are popular. Biggest biopic ever. Not thanks to Adam whose fans can’t even give him a hit album in the USA anymore.

Do you Glamberts really have skulls so thick that they think Adam’s fan base even in a little sense could compare and help Queen’s fan base get very much bigger? Get off the drugs. Queen is a massive machine that works 24/7 worldwide with many direct employees including in this group. Adam doesn’t even need bodyguards. Adam is not big in this world, no matter how much you try to big him up.

No matter how much you wish it, the concerts aren’t about Adam. Adam is a hired vocalist, fronting live performances of Brian and Roger, since Freddie can’t be there.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Adam won’t be in history books about Freddie Mercury.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Jake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:27 am

What’s impressive about it? That he wears costumes? His underbite? His makeup that he wears 24/7? He’s the slowest man in the pop/rock genre. Name one person who is slower than him in any genre and I’ll prove they move about the stage faster. He has to scream his vocals to match Freddie who could be so loud in his baritone voice. It’s embarrassing. Wtf is impressive inside your 72 year old mind worshipping him? Please tell us.
He doesn't have an underbite (despite the amount of times you've claimed it here and on QZ).

Plenty artists don't run around the stage, an artist with charisma and stage presence can sit on a stool and hold the audience, it's not about how much you move.

He doesn't scream and if you find it embarrassing don't watch, plenty of fans aren't the least embarrassed, you seem confused about your personal taste and actual facts.

I'm far from 72 and I don't worship anyone, in fact the only worshipping going on is people like you who think they have to defend Freddie by calling Adam all sorts, wonder why that is lol. Too obvious!!!

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Jake wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:30 am

I haven’t heard any American saying that enjoyed it aside from hardcore fans who only wanted to see Roger or Brian. Adam is nothing in the USA anymore. QPR was talked about a lot more in the USA, and I don’t enjoy either versions. QAL is all the new BR film fans can see, so obviously Queen current Queen concerts are popular. Biggest biopic ever. Not thanks to Adam whose fans can’t even give him a hit album in the USA anymore.

Do you Glamberts really have skulls so thick that they think Adam’s fan base even in a little sense could compare and help Queen’s fan base get very much bigger? Get off the drugs. Queen is a massive machine that works 24/7 worldwide with many direct employees including in this group. Adam doesn’t even need bodyguards. Adam is not big in this world, no matter how much you try to big him up.

No matter how much you wish it, the concerts aren’t about Adam. Adam is a hired vocalist, fronting live performances of Brian and Roger, since Freddie can’t be there.
You may not have heard it but there's tons of fans from everywhere including the US who rave about their shows and Adam, seems you don't get the fact that you don't have to personally hear something for it to be true.

No idea how you jump to that from what I actually wrote, try reading instead of making up what you want to think something means.

Adam is a collaborator not a hired hand but yes he's there to front live performances, who's claimed otherwise?

I couldn't care less how "big" in the world he is, I like his voice and stage presence both with and without Brian & Roger, that's the extent of my interest. He doesn't need to be "big" in the world, so long as he has a career and keeps working doing whatever he wants that's fine by me.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

midnight sky wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:55 pmRead the room lol. :lol:
He doesn't need to. He was making a hypothetical point and it was perfectly valid.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Leigh Burne wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:48 am
He doesn't need to. He was making a hypothetical point and it was perfectly valid.
It just amazes me that some people can post what some think about Freddie, then turn around to defend AL.
He? I got the impression the poster was female. Oh dear :oops:

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:54 am
It just amazes me that some people can post what some think about Freddie, then turn around to defend AL.
Yes I am female.

You seem confused, the difference is obvious, I wasn't personally calling Freddie or Queen at all I was simply pointing out that there are people out there who weren't impressed.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 am
midnight sky wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:54 am

Yes I am female.

You seem confused, the difference is obvious, I wasn't personally calling Freddie or Queen at all I was simply pointing out that there are people out there who weren't impressed.
Not confused at all ;)
Some aren't impressed by AL, either with Brian and Roger or his solo music I'm amazed you felt the need to defend him by saying he doesn't have an overbite for example.
As reguards to a part of your earlier post, I will never think AL is a collaborator with Brian and Roger. His singing usually cover songs with them for nearly a decade, hardly what I'd call a collaboration. Under Pressure with Queen and Bowie was a collaboration, Q+AL isn't it in my books.