QPR vs QAL

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
whitequeen20

Re: QPR vs QAL

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:49 pm
dave4343palace wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:46 pm
MusicalProstitute wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Again, the clue is in the word 'presence'. Does not have to be a physical thing.

Anyway, have no patience with those who just Adam-bash. It is immature, pointless and shallow. Knock him all you want - your idols know better.
I completely agree... but every single word exactly applies the same for Q+PR, as well as solo work etc and projects from the archive that newer fans have no respect for or comprehension of what they may have meant at the time...
I will always think it's a shame that some AL fans are ignorant to the history of Queen. A more recent example just from yestersay, AL will be taking part in a Bowie tribute today. Apparently some AL fans on an AL fan site don't know much about Bowie. They just want to watch AL's part and that's it, don't want to pay the 25 dollars to watch the other artists. That tells me so much right there.
Personally, if I could afford it, I would pay to watch the Bowie Tribute. There is going to be some very good artists involved, I'm surprised Brian and Roger are not. Maybe they will join Adam?
It just makes me sad and it rankles when people are ignorant to history. And it's been said so many times Freddie, Bowie etc were Idols for AL...as if that means we all must instantly accept AL because of that.
AL fans are his fans, there's no requirement for them to be Bowie fans, they love to hear Adam sing regardless if it's his own music or a cover of another artist, why should they have to be a fan of the artist he's covering to enjoy hearing him sing the music? And why should it matter if they aren't fans of the original, that makes zero sense to me? Also just because Adam's Idols were Freddie, Bowie, Prince, Elvis et al shouldn't mean his fans have to love the same artists he does/did.

There are a lot of Adam's fans who are now Queen fans and have delved into the original music but equally there are fans who only go because of Adam and aren't interested in the original band and there are fans who don't like him doing Queen at all and would prefer he just do his own music. Music is subjective and I don't see why anyone should try to be interested in something they aren't, it's hardly like Queen are short of fans that they need every AL fan to want to know their history.

I wouldn't imagine B & R would be joining him, it would say that if it were all of them.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:20 pm
dave4343palace wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:46 pm

I completely agree... but every single word exactly applies the same for Q+PR, as well as solo work etc and projects from the archive that newer fans have no respect for or comprehension of what they may have meant at the time...
I will always think it's a shame that some AL fans are ignorant to the history of Queen. A more recent example just from yestersay, AL will be taking part in a Bowie tribute today. Apparently some AL fans on an AL fan site don't know much about Bowie. They just want to watch AL's part and that's it, don't want to pay the 25 dollars to watch the other artists. That tells me so much right there.
Personally, if I could afford it, I would pay to watch the Bowie Tribute. There is going to be some very good artists involved, I'm surprised Brian and Roger are not. Maybe they will join Adam?
It just makes me sad and it rankles when people are ignorant to history. And it's been said so many times Freddie, Bowie etc were Idols for AL...as if that means we all must instantly accept AL because of that.
AL fans are his fans, there's no requirement for them to be Bowie fans, they love to hear Adam sing regardless if it's his own music or a cover of another artist, why should they have to be a fan of the artist he's covering to enjoy hearing him sing the music? And why should it matter if they aren't fans of the original, that makes zero sense to me? Also just because Adam's Idols were Freddie, Bowie, Prince, Elvis et al shouldn't mean his fans have to love the same artists he does/did.

There are a lot of Adam's fans who are now Queen fans and have delved into the original music but equally there are fans who only go because of Adam and aren't interested in the original band and there are fans who don't like him doing Queen at all and would prefer he just do his own music. Music is subjective and I don't see why anyone should try to be interested in something they aren't, it's hardly like Queen are short of fans that they need every AL fan to want to know their history.

I wouldn't imagine B & R would be joining him, it would say that if it were all of them.

At this point, i truly believe some of his fans would love things no matter what he sings, as long as AL is the one front and center. It's really obvious. No, no one has to be a Bowie fan, but I do feel many AL fans are missing out on so much. There is a big world out there. I came here as a Queen fan in 2007. Know something, I've learned litreally about 100s if not more artists because of people and posts here discussing other artists . And I'm glad and had my ears and eyes opened to so much. It's one of the things I'm most thankful here as a Queen and as a music fan.
I will not forget this, there have been so many Lambert fans who made their way here. How many have discussed Queen with Freddie in detail and was open to learning more about it. One. If that poster ever reads this, I thank her for that. At least she tried, asked questions, and we'll gave a damn enough to learn more.
And not everyone has to like AL singing, solo or Queen songs either.

I think it would be nice if Brian and Roger appeared...with or without AL. They have more of a connection with Bowie than AL ever did. I find it so strange that AL is involved with this at all. But I guess it's the Queen connection that made it happen. And many more people than AL thought of Bowie as their...I won't even say idol, but role model. Given the line up, AL is sticking out like s sore thumb with this in my books. I really hope he does good with the song though.
Last edited by midnight sky on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I think some Queen fans are missing out by not listening to Adam’s latest album 😜or by never knowing my other favorite artist, .... just saying.

I‘m not interested enough in a Bowie celebration to pay 25$ on an online concert. If it was for free, I might take a look.
Our interests differ, it’s all subjective. I don’t think it has to do with Lambert fans or not. There have been 2 or 3 Lambert fans saying, what has been quoted hee. I bet there are as many or more Lambert fans going to love the tribute, because they’re Bowie fans as well.
There are all kinds of music. I‘ve loved Queen‘s music since forever, but Bowie never really appealed me. Can‘t help it.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 am I think some Queen fans are missing out by not listening to Adam’s latest album 😜or by never knowing my other favorite artist, .... just saying.

I‘m not interested enough in a Bowie celebration to pay 25$ on an online concert. If it was for free, I might take a look.
Our interests differ, it’s all subjective. I don’t think it has to do with Lambert fans or not. There have been 2 or 3 Lambert fans saying, what has been quoted hee. I bet there are as many or more Lambert fans going to love the tribute, because they’re Bowie fans as well.
There are all kinds of music. I‘ve loved Queen‘s music since forever, but Bowie never really appealed me. Can‘t help it.
Nooo!!! Not Velvet, you could have least have said TOH :lol: ;)
Yes, tastes are subjective, but I do wish people here who come here to wave the AL flag would at least learn or discuss...well Queen with Freddie. I think that would be ice, us Queen fans aren't all like me :lol: ;) .
I would tune in to the Bowie Tribute if I could afford it. I like alot of the artists on the bill. I truly think this could be special as I've said elsewhere. I hope all the artists give it what they got.
Bowie was and remains an icon. I doubt he will be forgotten in the next few decades if not longer. He deserves a heck of a tribute. And I hope his music is done justice tonight. I will never forget coming here to read he passed away...such a shock but the music he left us with is incredible. I think there is no denying his talent, whether one likes him or not.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:09 am Nooo!!! Not Velvet, you could have least have said TOH :lol: ;)
Yes, tastes are subjective, but I do wish people here who come here to wave the AL flag would at least learn or discuss...well Queen with Freddie. I think that would be ice, us Queen fans aren't all like me :lol: ;) .
I would tune in to the Bowie Tribute if I could afford it. I like alot of the artists on the bill. I truly think this could be special as I've said elsewhere. I hope all the artists give it what they got.
Bowie was and remains an icon. I doubt he will be forgotten in the next few decades if not longer. He deserves a heck of a tribute. And I hope his music is done justice tonight. I will never forget coming here to read he passed away...such a shock but the music he left us with is incredible. I think there is no denying his talent, whether one likes him or not.
I do acknowledge Bowie‘s talent. I‘ve watched a very interesting documentary about his life and work some time ago. Still, the music didn’t capture me. :|

And what do you want Adam fans to discuss about Freddie here? I mean, I haven’t seen much Queen or Freddie discussion here lately. Go ahead and start a topic, maybe I‘ll join the discussion.

I found my infos about Queen and Freddie from many sources, also by reading here (old forums) or QueenZone. But asking questions hadn’t really come across my mind. It’s not that this has been a very welcoming place for Adam /QAL fans... for several reasons (no it’s not only the Queen fans‘ fault).

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

Nicki wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:22 am
midnight sky wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:09 am Nooo!!! Not Velvet, you could have least have said TOH :lol: ;)
I do acknowledge Bowie‘s talent. I‘ve watched a very interesting documentary about his life and work some time ago. Still, the music didn’t capture me. :|

And what do you want Adam fans to discuss about Freddie here? I mean, I haven’t seen much Queen or Freddie discussion here lately. Go ahead and start a topic, maybe I‘ll join the discussion.

I found my infos about Queen and Freddie from many sources, also by reading here (old forums) or QueenZone. But asking questions hadn’t really come across my mind. It’s not that this has been a very welcoming place for Adam /QAL fans... for several reasons (no it’s not only the Queen fans‘ fault).
Do you remember the name of it?
Discuss Freddie's music and legacy maybe? There are many things that can still be discussed, I have a few ideas for threads, no worries. If you want to join in, feel free. Or if you want to start shit discussion, feel free.
I'm a nosey bitch, because I will never ever bore of learning things about and regarding the band. Take the pistol that Ella Fitzgerald attended a Queen show, I litreally whooped when I read that post. Just goes to show there are things I didn't know before, love learning and I didn't have to annoy anyone by asking about it.
:lol: ;)

Jake

Post by Jake »

Nicki wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:44 am I think some Queen fans are missing out by not listening to Adam’s latest album 😜or by never knowing my other favorite artist, .... just saying.

I listened to Adam’s latest album beginning to end. I thought he sings those songs better than him trying to sing Queen songs. The music sucks. He’d be more popular if it was pop/rock. He has terrible songwriters, and terrible producers. He should work with those in the rock music industry... not people who work with Britney Spears and Lil Wayne. The lyrics weren’t original or anything to write home to mother about, either.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

midnight sky wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm

At this point, i truly believe some of his fans would love things no matter what he sings, as long as AL is the one front and center. It's really obvious. No, no one has to be a Bowie fan, but I do feel many AL fans are missing out on so much. There is a big world out there. I came here as a Queen fan in 2007. Know something, I've learned litreally about 100s if not more artists because of people and posts here discussing other artists . And I'm glad and had my ears and eyes opened to so much. It's one of the things I'm most thankful here as a Queen and as a music fan.
I will not forget this, there have been so many Lambert fans who made their way here. How many have discussed Queen with Freddie in detail and was open to learning more about it. One. If that poster ever reads this, I thank her for that. At least she tried, asked questions, and we'll gave a damn enough to learn more.

I think it would be nice if Brian and Roger appeared...with or without AL. They have more of a connection with Bowie than AL ever did. I find it so strange that AL is involved with this at all. But I guess it's the Queen connection that made it happen. And many more people than AL thought of Bowie as their...I won't even say idol, but role model. Given the line up, AL is sticking out like s sore thumb with this in my books. I really hope he does good with the song though.
Why would the Queen connection have anything to do with it, Adam is a solo artist who gets asked to do lots of stuff that has nothing to do with Queen or his connection to them and he doesn't stick out IMO, he's been a Bowie fan and covered his music for years just like a lot of artists on the bill, why should he be any different. The powers that be in these events know Adam from lots of places and for lots of reasons, nothing to do with Queen, the fact you think he shouldn't be part of these events is what sticks out like a sore thumb, it says you think he's not a legitimate artist and not worthy of being asked, clearly lots of industry people think very differently about him.

whitequeen20

Post by whitequeen20 »

Jake wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:33 am

I listened to Adam’s latest album beginning to end. I thought he sings those songs better than him trying to sing Queen songs. The music sucks. He’d be more popular if it was pop/rock. He has terrible songwriters, and terrible producers. He should work with those in the rock music industry... not people who work with Britney Spears and Lil Wayne. The lyrics weren’t original or anything to write home to mother about, either.
Well he co wrote the album with hand picked songwriters and producers so I guess you just don't like his taste in music. Regardless of the fact he does like a lot of rock music it doesn't appear to be what he want's to do as a solo artist so far (aside from the odd cover during a show) unfortunately. I'm hoping he'll do a more rock/blues oriented album at some point in the future.

midnight sky

Post by midnight sky »

whitequeen20 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:27 am
midnight sky wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:39 pm

Why would the Queen connection have anything to do with it, Adam is a solo artist who gets asked to do lots of stuff that has nothing to do with Queen or his connection to them and he doesn't stick out IMO, he's been a Bowie fan and covered his music for years just like a lot of artists on the bill, why should he be any different. The powers that be in these events know Adam from lots of places and for lots of reasons, nothing to do with Queen, the fact you think he shouldn't be part of these events is what sticks out like a sore thumb, it says you think he's not a legitimate artist and not worthy of being asked, clearly lots of industry people think very differently about him.
I very much doubt that he would have been asked without the Queen connection.
Yea, he gets asked to do lots of stuff. Usually covers. ;)
Look at most of the acts involved with the tribute, I'd say all of them had more connection and in some cases friendship with Bowie than AL ever did. I would have given Lambert's spot to Brian and Roger if I had to choose.