Tony Vincent's new EP & a WWRY collectible up for grabs!

All about the phenomenal stage show based on the music of Queen.

Tony Vincent's new EP & a WWRY collectible up for grabs!

Postby miss_ing » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to direct any Tony Vincent / We Will Rock You supporters to a groovy item that Tony Vincent has put up for grabs on pledgemusic.com (http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/inmyhead)

The back story--

I'm sure most of you will know that Tony Vincent was the original Galileo Figaro in the London production of We Will Rock You (2002-03). After a whirlwind 10 years in theatre, Tony is at the point now of wanting to return to the place where he started out his career--that of being a successful singer/songwriter. Most recently he competed on NBC's The Voice, but, despite winning the hearts of thousands of US fans, he didn't win the main prize.

His goal now is to release an EP (CD) independently titled "In My Head", but doing this without the backing of a record label, is near impossible for artists to do on their own. So, he has teamed up with a website called pledgemusic.com and launched a 30 day campaign in an attempt to raise the shortfall in funds through fan support and contributions. So far, fans have been incredibly supportive and generous and he is at 92% of his target in just 5 days which is amazing! We're hoping to take it above and beyond 100% as the more that is contributed, the better and bigger the project becomes :) He has enlisted some really talented audio engineers to make sure this EP sounds amazing. If you like British pop/rock bands The Beatles, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Tears For Fears, then you will LOVE the EP. For a taste of what it is going to sound like, download the brand new single (“Starting Over”) for FREE at http://bit.ly/K8Dpf7.

To help the campaign along, Tony is offering some super cool incentives--so pledgers are NOT ONLY contributing to the completion of this amazing EP, but they also get to own a groovy item such as a Ltd ed signed CD, a Ltd ed signed photo, or even a COLLECTORS item (most of which are literally coming off Tony's wall for this!)

So, this is where I wanted to reach out to any of his supporters who reside on this forum.

Tony is so excited to be inviting us to be involved in this project, and he's working damned hard on it, so please would you spread the word on his campaign to friends, family and fellow fans, link to it on all your social networks, and pledge if you are able? All contributions (no matter how big or small) are CRUCIAL. As little as $10USD gets you an advance download of the EP and pledger only updates.

Amongst the exclusive items, Tony has this really neat large framed limited edition We Will Rock You premiere night poster which is signed by the original cast up for grabs, so if you are a diehard We Will Rock You fan, (or know someone who is) then you may be very interested in that item! It really is a special piece of theatre memorabilia and you won't find many of these anywhere else!

All the details of how you can PLEDGE and get involved can be found at: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/inmyhead

Thank you all so much for reading :) Hope to have you onboard! Tony deserves to have his voice heard :)

Ingrid

p.s here's a reminder of what Tony can do--very appropriate to the UK festivities this bank holiday weekend I feel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEb55R3zL8A
Last edited by miss_ing on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miss_ing
Spread Your Wings

Re: Tony Vincent's new EP & a WWRY collectible up for grabs!

Postby icy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:30 pm

No thanks, I feel there are more worthwile and worthy causes to put my money towards.
Good luck with it!
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby Lemmy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 pm

icy wrote:No thanks, I feel there are more worthwile and worthy causes to put my money towards.
Good luck with it!

Actually Icy, if you're in a giving mood, my bank account number is... ;-)
All donations to the Lemmy's Education in Math and Geography Fund (LEMG) are welcome.

Lemmy
Spread Your Wings

Postby icy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Lemmy wrote:
icy wrote:No thanks, I feel there are more worthwile and worthy causes to put my money towards.
Good luck with it!

Actually Icy, if you're in a giving mood, my bank account number is... ;-)
All donations to the Lemmy's Education in Math and Geography Fund (LEMG) are welcome.

Now that is a worthwhile cause indeed :P
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby The Sixpence » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:19 am

miss_ing wrote:To help the campaign along, Tony is offering some super cool incentives--so pledgers are NOT ONLY contributing to the completion of this amazing EP, but they also get to own a groovy item such as a Ltd ed signed CD, a Ltd ed signed photo, or even a COLLECTORS item (most of which are literally coming off Tony's wall for this!)

Anyone that uses the words super cool and groovy to describe something needs to move into the 21st century! :-P

The Sixpence

Postby medusa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm

The Sixpence wrote:
miss_ing wrote:To help the campaign along, Tony is offering some super cool incentives--so pledgers are NOT ONLY contributing to the completion of this amazing EP, but they also get to own a groovy item such as a Ltd ed signed CD, a Ltd ed signed photo, or even a COLLECTORS item (most of which are literally coming off Tony's wall for this!)

Anyone that uses the words super cool and groovy to describe something needs to move into the 21st century! :-P

Troll alert
It's Challenging the Doors Of Time

medusa
We Will Rock You

Postby The Sixpence » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 am

Oh, just go and climb back under whatever bridge you trolled out from.

The Sixpence

Return to We Will Rock You