Queen+ Lambert & Helene Fischer

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
Nicki

Re: Queen+ Lambert & Helene Fischer

Post by Nicki »

I‘m not sure, why you put so much emphasis on her looks, I put singing first. And if we like her music or not, Helene can sing. She’s a live performer and can sing circles around most Schlager or pop singers.
And THEN her look helps, of course.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I only mentioned her looks because you mentioned it twice, which - as I explained - doesn't have anything to do with her abilities as a musician/singer, so I wondered why you mention that at all.

And no matter how you see the abilities of a musician, especially a singer - everybody has different taste and just because many people like her singing, doesn't mean everybody has to. I think you know that already by now by all the Adam discussions - though there I agree with you when it comes to his singing abilities. ;)

agkelly

Post by agkelly »

An Aussie here, who has never heard, nor heard of, her before.

I know absolutely nothing about who she is or what she does / has done, so there's no pre-judgement going on from me.

I thought she did a great job on this version of 'Who Wants To Live Forever' with Q+AL.

That's just my 2c, for what it's worth.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

agkelly wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:58 pm An Aussie here, who has never heard, nor heard of, her before.

I know absolutely nothing about who she is or what she does / has done, so there's no pre-judgement going on from me.

I thought she did a great job on this version of 'Who Wants To Live Forever' with Q+AL.

That's just my 2c, for what it's worth.
Thanks for your 2c! It’s always interesting for me to read what people think, who haven’t known an artist before.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

The album is again #1 in the German Album Charts. It charted on #1 from the start and is now back there in it’s 3rd week.
„Who wants to live forever“ is the first track of the album. The show was on TV in Germany both on Christmas Day (prime time) and on New Year’s Eve (afternoon). It was the most watched show this Christmas on TV.
Well, I missed. :lol: But I did buy the album and do like it.
https://www.offiziellecharts.de/album-details-450439

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

Nicki wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:06 pm The album is again #1 in the German Album Charts. It charted on #1 from the start and is now back there in it’s 3rd week.
„Who wants to live forever“ is the first track of the album. The show was on TV in Germany both on Christmas Day (prime time) and on New Year’s Eve (afternoon). It was the most watched show this Christmas on TV.
Well, I missed. :lol: But I did buy the album and do like it.
https://www.offiziellecharts.de/album-details-450439
Thanks for sharing, Nicki. Helene must be very talented to be so popular. I've also never heard of her before the QAL collaboration. She reminds me of Kerry Ellis but more beautiful and Helene's voice is richer. I went to see Kerry with Brian and enjoyed the concert but I wouldn't have liked to see her on her own...

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

AngelR wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm Thanks for sharing, Nicki. Helene must be very talented to be so popular. I've also never heard of her before the QAL collaboration. She reminds me of Kerry Ellis but more beautiful and Helene's voice is richer. I went to see Kerry with Brian and enjoyed the concert but I wouldn't have liked to see her on her own...
You're welcome!
I like many of the things that Brian and Kerry are doing. But I never checked her own stuff out, apart from one or two musical records. It's always interesting to me to read the comments from foreign countries. I've read online, that Helene has been called the best kept secret of the German speaking music world.
Well, she has sold out stadiums several days in a row in several cities. She can play the big arenas for a whole week and has just to change the city for the next week. There has apparently been interest from other countries, but there is just not enough time (and energy) to do more than that.

I'm not really a fan and have never been to a concert. But millions of people are going. And at the same time she causes a lot of envy it seems, because there are also many haters. Her musical style isn't every ones cup of tea. She's a singer, not a creator as well. She does get good tunes to sing and then they're often played endlessly on the radio. So yeah, if that's not yours, you can start to get annoyed by her music. :D

Helene had just taken a break in 2019. With 2020 the break took a year longer, but it seems, she's back. She has been on TV a couple of times in December, contributing a song or two for charity shows. It was a bit astonishing to see, that she suddenly seems to sing more in English. I'm curious to see, if that's only, becase she has no new music out at the moment and just likes these covers OR if she's changing direction. Whatever it is, she blew me away at the "Ein Herz für Kinder" (A heart for Children) charity show with "Never enough". Here is that performance:

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

To bring it back to Queen:
Helene did a Queen Medley in her shows 2011.
WWRY, Who want to Live Forever, The Show must go on and WATC. I think she did a good job on TSMGO. And no, she didn't go with the easier to sing songs.

The Show must go on (Helene Fischer Show 2013) - added, because I do like that one a lot!

That's it now. :D

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

Looks like Helene is a genuine Queen fan then!!! Could've easily replaced Kerry in We Will Rock You. :D