America's Not Buying We Will Rock You

All about the phenomenal stage show based on the music of Queen.

America's Not Buying We Will Rock You

Postby slightlymad1970 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

It will be interesting to see how successful WWRY will be in America, but at this present moment in time it doesn't seem to be selling to well. The opening night of the tour seemed well received and was reported on quite favourably but unfortunately this hasn't had to positive affect on advanced ticket sales. The beauty of Theatre productions like this is with a little research and because you are able to purchase the exact seat you want it's quite easy to see if the shows are selling well or not.
For example not a single show (Except for maybe the very first show) has come close to a sell out, looking in detail at the shows in Tennessee at the Performing Arts Centre, of possible ticket sales of 19,776 only 10,541 have so far been sold with only a couple of weeks to go until show time.
Sounds like the show needs a big break similar to the London production (Hyde Park, Party At The Palace, Parkinson) to take sales up another level, hope something happens as it would be so sad if the show fails in America :-(

slightlymad1970
Spread Your Wings

Re: America's Not Buying We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:28 pm

It failed in Vegas, so it might fail this time. A couple of good reviews can change it all though...and it is, when all is said and done, a great collection of songs, sung by very good singers.

The musical makes me smile...I need to go again, haven't been this year.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby QueenUSA » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:54 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:It will be interesting to see how successful WWRY will be in America, but at this present moment in time it doesn't seem to be selling to well. The opening night of the tour seemed well received and was reported on quite favourably but unfortunately this hasn't had to positive affect on advanced ticket sales. The beauty of Theatre productions like this is with a little research and because you are able to purchase the exact seat you want it's quite easy to see if the shows are selling well or not.
For example not a single show (Except for maybe the very first show) has come close to a sell out, looking in detail at the shows in Tennessee at the Performing Arts Centre, of possible ticket sales of 19,776 only 10,541 have so far been sold with only a couple of weeks to go until show time.
Sounds like the show needs a big break similar to the London production (Hyde Park, Party At The Palace, Parkinson) to take sales up another level, hope something happens as it would be so sad if the show fails in America :-(

This is very disappointing. I'm so tired of Queen-related projects sinking in this country.

Maybe the movie can change their fortunes here.

QueenUSA
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:24 am

fairydandy wrote:It failed in Vegas, so it might fail this time. A couple of good reviews can change it all though...and it is, when all is said and done, a great collection of songs, sung by very good singers.

The musical makes me smile...I need to go again, haven't been this year.

I can't look it up atm, but how long did it last in Vegas?
I wish Canada had a go of it again.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running
And it's getting dark in here~

~Sleep in peace old friend for me you'll never die~

icy
I Want To Break Free

And the wounded skies above say it's much too late

Postby DLCVJazz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:29 am

It would be nice to WWRY come here in Brazil! ;-)

DLCVJazz
We Will Rock You

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:37 am

icy wrote:I wish Canada had a go of it again.

WWRY is in Toronto in Apr/May 2014:
http://www.mirvish.com/ticketking/shows/wewillrockyou

Got my tickets already! :cool:

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby icy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:41 am

AdamMethos wrote:
icy wrote:I wish Canada had a go of it again.

WWRY is in Toronto in Apr/May 2014:
http://www.mirvish.com/ticketking/shows/wewillrockyou

Got my tickets already! :cool:

Have you seen it before?
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby AdamMethos » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:24 pm

icy wrote:Have you seen it before?

Nope, this will be my first time. I'm not a big musical theater-goer -- I can count on one hand how many shows I've seen in my entire life: Cats, Rent, Chicago, Lion King, Billy Elliot -- and the last time WWRY was in Toronto, I wasn't as into Queen as I am now.

AdamMethos
Spread Your Wings

Sir Lurk-a-lot

Postby Promite » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Brian interview with The Wall St journal.

http://live.wsj.com/video/queen-brian-m ... 199679E46E

Promite
We Will Rock You

Postby icy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:27 pm

AdamMethos wrote:
icy wrote:Have you seen it before?

Nope, this will be my first time. I'm not a big musical theater-goer -- I can count on one hand how many shows I've seen in my entire life: Cats, Rent, Chicago, Lion King, Billy Elliot -- and the last time WWRY was in Toronto, I wasn't as into Queen as I am now.

I hope you enjoy it when you do see it.
~Godspeed little one~
~Don't talk about angels
Or how I'll be saved
I'm no coward
But I'm not that brave
Rags are blowing
Rain's getting near
I'm done with running

icy
I Want To Break Free

Postby julymorning » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:05 am

slightlymad1970 wrote:It will be interesting to see how successful WWRY will be in America, but at this present moment in time it doesn't seem to be selling to well. The opening night of the tour seemed well received and was reported on quite favourably but unfortunately this hasn't had to positive affect on advanced ticket sales. The beauty of Theatre productions like this is with a little research and because you are able to purchase the exact seat you want it's quite easy to see if the shows are selling well or not.

Now wait a minute. 10,541 tickets sold for Nashville, for something rock related, is pretty darn good! Your own Dominion Theater in London, the main base of WWRY, only seats 2,069.

Nashville is a south midwest town, population just over 600,000, compared to London's 8.174 million. Nashville's music tradition is country. Rock has a good solid following there, but it's still predominately country music fans.
.It is my uppermost hope that even histories' genius's lost their minds as they aged. I'd hate to think that I really am an idiot. sjm

julymorning
The Show Must Go On

This is probably as good as it gets.

Postby USQueenFan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:37 am

I think the reason the show failed in Vegas is because of the time limit they have there. Shows in Vegas are usually just 90 minutes long. They had to cut a three and a half our show into 90 minutes , which means most of the major storyline,and songs were cut. I think it would have done better had people been allowed to see the show in it's entirety. It's kind of a shame it didn't do better concidering how many talented people were in the show. Although one positive thing that came from it ,is that Tony Vincent met his future wife =)

USQueenFan
Spread Your Wings

Postby Promite » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 pm

USQueenFan wrote:I think the reason the show failed in Vegas is because of the time limit they have there. Shows in Vegas are usually just 90 minutes long. They had to cut a three and a half our show into 90 minutes , which means most of the major storyline,and songs were cut. I think it would have done better had people been allowed to see the show in it's entirety. It's kind of a shame it didn't do better concidering how many talented people were in the show. Although one positive thing that came from it ,is that Tony Vincent met his future wife =)

I never realized that the Vegas show was cut down to 90 minutes. No wonder it failed. Thanks for the information.

Promite
We Will Rock You

Postby fairydandy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 pm

USQueenFan wrote:I think the reason the show failed in Vegas is because of the time limit they have there. Shows in Vegas are usually just 90 minutes long. They had to cut a three and a half our show into 90 minutes , which means most of the major storyline,and songs were cut. I think it would have done better had people been allowed to see the show in it's entirety. It's kind of a shame it didn't do better concidering how many talented people were in the show. Although one positive thing that came from it ,is that Tony Vincent met his future wife =)

That's not quite right. The show was initially around 2.5 hours and it was cut to 90 minutes in the last few months as an attempt to save it.

fairydandy
Somebody To Love

Postby QueenUSA » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:47 pm

fairydandy wrote:

That's not quite right. The show was initially around 2.5 hours and it was cut to 90 minutes in the last few months as an attempt to save it.

Well, as an American, I can assure you that it is a tough slog to get anybody to attend anything Queen-related. They just aren't that BIG over here.

I say that with a sad heart.

QueenUSA
We Will Rock You

Next

Return to We Will Rock You