Will the European Tour be cancelled due to Corona virus?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
ComunitaQueeniana

Rhapsody Tour Europe look up: possible more shows to be announced?

Post by ComunitaQueeniana »

Being Italian and a fan I am so happy that Queen+ Adam Lambert has come to our country for a gig basicly every year since 2015.

Unfortunately this time I suppose there have been an epic fail both from the local promoted and from the management:

Bologna will host the continental debut of Rhapsody Tour, but the ticket have gone sold out in 52 hours. In addition, the ticket selling companies have played very very dirty game not giving availability of side by side seats for the best sectors.
Because of all this, thousands of people have remained without their tickets and a new date is not going to be added apparently. We are all losers in this situation, but that's it.

Said that at this day the whole tour is selling very well, but is not yet sold out, let's keep ourselves informed in case of rumors about any new show.

Thanks!

Peace Loving Guy

Will the European Tour be cancelled due to Corona virus?

Post by Peace Loving Guy »

I hate to raise this, but the band has dodged a bullet in Japan and South Korea, but the timing couldn’t be worse for Europe. Hopefully the outbreak will be over by then but it’s bound to get worse before it gets better. The outbreak is presently worst in Italy, but who knows how bad it will get in March and April?

Black Wings

Re: Will the European Tour be cancelled due to Corona virus?

Post by Black Wings »

I have to admit, I'm surprised dates on this leg of the tour didn't end up being cancelled.
I think it might be best to take a wait and see approach before cancelling.

Peace Loving Guy

Post by Peace Loving Guy »

Yes, surely they’ll just decide a couple of weeks before shows. They’ve already cancelled football matches in Italy, so fans with tickets should at least be prepared for bad news.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

We will get used to Corona. Every flu kills more people every year. My bet is that in June/July the corona (and flu) season will be over. It usually is.

And if it’s not, the virus is going to be everywhere in Europe. It’s currently spreading like wildfire. Cancelling shows won’t make a difference, because you can literally get it everywhere by then.

grumpy49

Post by grumpy49 »

The first confirmed case in NZ, but contracted in Iran.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

France has just cancelled all concerts with an attendance of 5000+ people until May, 31. This includes the QAL concert in Paris on May 26th.

Isn’t it much too early to cancel a concert that is almost 3 months away? :roll:
I hope they are just now closing all public transport in Paris. That would make much more sense...
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite ... 13082.html

Ray

Post by Ray »

The situation is getting worse and I fear there will be a lot more cancelled from now on and also in summer...it really sucks! I have tickets to not only QAL, but also 4 other bigger concerts in that time.

Deakysghost

Post by Deakysghost »

Paris concert postponed according to statement from Gérard Drouot Productions dated 05/03/2020 citing gatherings of 5k or more not allowed by French law until after 31 May 2020 in response to Covid19 virus.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

I think with the current situations in France, Italy, Spain and Germany, I can't see Q+AL performing in any of those countries. If the UK gets to the same extent as those European countries they'll probably end up just cancelling the whole tour as there won't be many other unaffected shows left.

More than half the shows are in the UK so if they got cancelled there wouldn't be much point going ahead with the tour. If it was another country it really wouldn't matter as much as it would only likely be one or two shows affected but if it was multiple countries then would probably have to cancel all together.