Will the European Tour be cancelled due to Corona virus?

Discuss Queen's collaboration with Adam Lambert
carolb57

Re: Will the European Tour be cancelled due to Corona virus?

Post by carolb57 »

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

Yeah, don't think there's much chance this goes ahead. The show I'm going to in London is right in the middle of the predicted peak. I guess they will wait to May to make a decision though as once it's cancelled, you can't uncancel and maybe somehow this will all go away. I think we're all hoping for the miracle, even though we know its unlikely.

AngelR

Post by AngelR »

It will be cancelled. It's sad but our government comes across as completely incompetent, so I think the situation would only worsen.

Young Music Fan

Post by Young Music Fan »

I'm expecting the cancellation announcement soon now. I'm hoping if they announce it early enough than they might be able to reschedule sooner rather than later.

Deakysghost

Post by Deakysghost »

The sooner they announce the postponement the better to allow fans the opportunity of rescheduling flights and hotels. To postpone the tour would be a sensible outcome considering the situation across Europe currently. A tour when this covid virus is contained would make sense.

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Deakysghost wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:26 am The sooner they announce the postponement the better to allow fans the opportunity of rescheduling flights and hotels. To postpone the tour would be a sensible outcome considering the situation across Europe currently. A tour when this covid virus is contained would make sense.
It’s a bad situation, but the QAL tour is so far away that I don’t think about my tickets there now. I can do that in 2-3 months. I can cancel my hotel in Munich until one day before the show. And if the concert gets cancelled due to Corona, I will even get a voucher for my train tickets. The other concert I have tickets for is in my hometown, so no problem there. QAL has still enough time to cancel. Maybe until it’s foreseeable, when a tour can happen. Because in my country the scientists say, that there will quite possible be a second outbreak of corona in the autumn, when the usual flue season starts. In this case it wouldn’t make sense to announce the new dates for the tour for next winter now.

But first of all, we have to get through the here and now. Concert tickets are not the things that I worry about, when there is no milk, toilet paper, noodles, flour or diapers available in all 3 supermarkets, where I went yesterday. People must have gone crazy with the first day of closed schools. I still have a bit of all of it, but will go and look again today or tomorrow.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Nicki wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:25 am It’s a bad situation, but the QAL tour is so far away that I don’t think about my tickets there now. I can do that in 2-3 months. I can cancel my hotel in Munich until one day before the show. And if the concert gets cancelled due to Corona, I will even get a voucher for my train tickets. The other concert I have tickets for is in my hometown, so no problem there. QAL has still enough time to cancel. Maybe until it’s foreseeable, when a tour can happen. Because in my country the scientists say, that there will quite possible be a second outbreak of corona in the autumn, when the usual flue season starts. In this case it wouldn’t make sense to announce the new dates for the tour for next winter now.

But first of all, we have to get through the here and now. Concert tickets are not the things that I worry about, when there is no milk, toilet paper, noodles, flour or diapers available in all 3 supermarkets, where I went yesterday. People must have gone crazy with the first day of closed schools. I still have a bit of all of it, but will go and look again today or tomorrow.
I think after the first days the situation in the supermarkets will become mostly normal again, when all those panic buyers are done with that nonsense. They don't get the irony, that THEY are the only ones who cause a shortage. If everybody buys as usual, there won't be a problem.

I also think it's still some time until QAL "have to" cancel the tour...but it doesn't look good unfortunately. So far pretty much everything in March and April is cancelled, with cancelled events in May becoming more and more too. The QAL tour starts at the end of May already, so it doesn't look good, especially since Europe (except Italy) is just now really getting started with that situation. China needed about 3 months to get the numbers slow down. Unfortunately big concerts are the worst for this situation, so those (and big sports events) will be the last to return.

It really sucks, I was very much looking forward to some summer concerts, but there is nothing you can do about it right now except try everything to avoid further spreading of the virus. The more people are careful now, the sooner we can have the usual everyday life back.

Jake

Post by Jake »

Many they can do the concerts from their bedrooms. Brian already started.

ronnyverstraete62

Post by ronnyverstraete62 »

Holland is cancelled today

BitterTears

Post by BitterTears »

http://www.queenonline.com/news/press-r ... s-for-2021

Not a huge surprise but still disappointing.

2021 is going to be a great year though.