In The News Today...

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: In The News Today...

Post by Kes »

Very kind of you. 😆

Maybe that could be a good tactic when the Russians are coming through.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

action wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:08 am
also, the way obama was going with russia, was very worrying to me. Have people already forgotten how obama, towards the end of his term, was seriously fucking up relations with russia? Thank god obama was removed at just the right time. It really didn't look too good. Had hillary became president, things would have looked very grim indeed.
Are you serious? Obama was holding Putin’s feet to the fire. It was Trump and his boy Michael Flynn who were promising to remove the sanctions Obama put on Russia.

Don’t you understand that Trump has been destroying everything that has been built up since the end of WWII ??? NATO, UN, G-20, G-7, WHO, WTO, etc. etc. He is Putin’s puppet without a doubt. Has had 8 phone calls with him in the past couple of months.

I don’t know where you live, but I don’t think Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for handing America and the world to Vladimir on a silver platter!

action

Post by action »

is europe doing so well as we speak? the old continent is an absolute shambles, run by complete idiots all across the board.

it doesn't matter who calls the shots, we're always going to be paying taxes.

belgium (flanders), is used to being the constant territory of war. We've always come through.

Something is about the change. I can feel it in everything that is happening laterly.

The old continent is at the end of it's tale. It's completely dysfunctional. It lacks strong leaders. Would it be bad if putin called the shots here and installed a dictatorship? It would be bad for the slackers and the leeches, yes. There would be discipline again, and work ethic. Come to think of it, Putin is more than welcome here.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

action wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 pm
is europe doing so well as we speak? the old continent is an absolute shambles, run by complete idiots all across the board.

belgium (flanders), is used to being the constant territory of war. We've always come through.

Something is about the change. I can feel it in everything that is happening laterly.

The old continent is at the end of it's tale. It's completely dysfunctional. It lacks strong leaders. Would it be bad if putin called the shots here and installed a dictatorship? It would be bad for the slackers and the leeches, yes. There would be discipline again, and work ethic. Come to think of it, Putin is more than welcome here.
OMG! Would you welcome the Hitler gas chambers again?

action

Post by action »

carolb57 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:29 pm
action wrote:

hey einstein, it's russia that closed the "hitler gas chambers" :lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

action wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:42 pm
carolb57 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:29 pm
action wrote:

hey einstein, it's russia that closed the "hitler gas chambers" :lol:
Oh? I think the American military had something to do with it, too! You forget that Putey is an ex KGB “hero!” He wants payback for losing the Soviet Union! He is NOT our friend. He has some kind of lethal chokehold on Trump. It is NOT friendship!

lsr

Post by lsr »

action wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:01 am
lsr, I remember vividly you expressed your concern of WWIII happening, when trump was elected.

Surely, you must be relieved to find that it didn't happen. You must also be fair in reckognising that this is trump's doing, seeing how the president of the USA is the highest commander of the US army.

You seem to shift your focus now, on "his victims". Ok, that is great, but you are changing the goalposts here. Your worst fear did not happen, but you don't seem to focus on this very real problem (since it was you who uttered it in the first place) anymore.

I have always, from the beginning, supported trump for the sole reason that he would normalise relations with russia, and to my surprise, north korea too.

Lesser people have been given the nobel prize of peace.
I don’t remember speculating about World War 3, but if you remember me doing so I won’t argue with you.

But I was critical of Trump’s extensive history of sexual abuse accusations right back at the start, so I’m not shifting the goalposts by bringing it up now.

action

Post by action »

lsr wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:30 am
But I was critical of Trump’s extensive history of sexual abuse accusations right back at the start, so I’m not shifting the goalposts by bringing it up now.
just to clarify I am in no way excusing his sexual misbehaviour.

I just believe that the main point of evaluation of an american president, should be his ability to maintain world peace.

Is trump the first president with a shaky sexual private life? Hardly. The "best" presidents had a questionable private life, and in some cases nearly lost their presidency for it.

also, I don't class pub talk like 'i'll grab her by the pussy' as sexual abuse. Maybe that's enough for the SJW's, but it isn't for me.

Obviously, if he actually did assault a woman he should be fired.

action

Post by action »

carolb57 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:37 pm
Oh? I think the American military had something to do with it, too! You forget that Putey is an ex KGB “hero!” He wants payback for losing the Soviet Union! He is NOT our friend. He has some kind of lethal chokehold on Trump. It is NOT friendship!
https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/ ... nazi-camps

Soviet forces liberated Auschwitz—the largest killing center and concentration camp complex—in January 1945. The Soviets also overran the sites of the Belzec, Sobibor, and Treblinka killing centers.

Relax, russia even in their extremest form of dictatorship did not welcome the "hitler gas chambers".

The gas chambers were a means for hitler to exert his racial elimination strategies. Russia has no such intentions. It's all just about steel discipline and work ethic. Less slacking off, more work. Working is good, it creates "work happiness".

Kes

Post by Kes »

I'm sure the Poles who were raped and/or shot by the Germans, and then Russians, might have a slightly different viewpoint.