Formula 1

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Leigh Burne

Re: Formula 1

Post by Leigh Burne »

WeeMann wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 amFunnily enough, the Silverstone race you mention was repeated on Sky F1 a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally re-watch races, but there have been a few good ones shown recently and with little else to do...
F1 were doing the same thing themselves through their YouTube channel. Helped pass a few days when I couldn't even get out for a walk.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Leigh Burne wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:58 am
WeeMann wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 amFunnily enough, the Silverstone race you mention was repeated on Sky F1 a couple of weeks ago. I don't normally re-watch races, but there have been a few good ones shown recently and with little else to do...
F1 were doing the same thing themselves through their YouTube channel. Helped pass a few days when I couldn't even get out for a walk.
They showed the Australian race from 1994 recently where Schumacher accidentally collided with Damon Hill. ;)

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

They also re-ran Damon's win at Spa in the wet for Jordan, after Couthlard epically took out half the field. Good times.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Leigh Burne wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm They also re-ran Damon's win at Spa in the wet for Jordan, after Couthlard epically took out half the field. Good times.
That was one race I missed live as my mates and I were on the way back from a stag weekend. We stopped at a pub for a bite to eat where they had the race on - that crash had just happened and someone described the incredible crash at the start.

Another one I missed live was thhe previous year's Hungary GP when Damon almost won in the Arrows. I was on my honeymoon in Turkey and we were sitting by the pool when 9noticed a group of Brits in a room looking quite excited. I went over to check out what was going on and it turned out the race was on the telly. I spent the next hour or so darting back and forwards between my new bride and the telly.

Got to see both in full for tgfe first time a couple of weeks ago.

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

The Sky "watchalong" of Button's 4 hr Canadian win was a recent, and very welcome discovery.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Agreed. I remember watching that live, fantastic race. Watching it again, knowing what was coming, I couldn't figure out how he would do it. In fact I'm still astounded.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Yeah, whenever anyone mentions "the best race you've ever seen", that's the one that I immediately think of.

Button had a few too many average days, but when he was on form, he was incredible.
WeeMann wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pmGot to see both in full for tgfe first time a couple of weeks ago.
For a second there I misinterpreted that as the race and your wife :lol:

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Leigh Burne wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:59 am
WeeMann wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:14 pmGot to see both in full for tgfe first time a couple of weeks ago.
For a second there I misinterpreted that as the race and your wife :lol:
That's a set up for so many humourous comebacks that I'm not even going to bother. Like Terry Wogan used to say, "It's like leaning against an open door."

Lord of all darkness

Post by Lord of all darkness »

JLP wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:09 pm
Leigh Burne wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:58 am
They showed the Australian race from 1994 recently where Schumacher accidentally collided with Damon Hill. ;)
Oh the one where he accidently aimed his car at Damon's?

Ray

Post by Ray »

Leigh Burne wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:21 pm They also re-ran Damon's win at Spa in the wet for Jordan, after Couthlard epically took out half the field. Good times.
What a classic! I remember watching it back then...my brother and I were so shocked about that huge crash. When Coulthard made Schumacher lose a tire and the race, we actually laughed because we thought the race couldn't get any more crazy. Then Schumacher was so angry, he wanted to fight Coulthard in the pit and they had to hold him back, haha. What a crazy race that was, only 7 made it in the end I think.