The General Entertainment Thread

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

The General Entertainment Thread

Post by Black Wings »

Jack Osborne is saying his family is in talks to reboot The Osborne's. :o
That could be great or not, only time will tell but if it happens I will be tuning in.

( Surprised that no one has mentioned the Stones track that is out there. )

Black Wings

Re: The General Entertainment Thread

Post by Black Wings »

A couple of country pop bands have changed their names. Lady Antebellum is Lady A and The Dixie Chick's are now The Chicks.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I've always called them Lady Anti-Bell-End.

Must be a regional thing.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 am I've always called them Lady Anti-Bell-End.

Must be a regional thing.
:lol: :lol:

Innuendoes
Location: Never be lonely, lost in the night, Just run from the darkness, lookin' for the light.

Post by Innuendoes »

Black Wings wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 am A couple of country pop bands have changed their names. Lady Antebellum is Lady A and The Dixie Chick's are now The Chicks.
Oh dear. :shock:

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Innuendoes wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:00 pm
Black Wings wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:56 am A couple of country pop bands have changed their names. Lady Antebellum is Lady A and The Dixie Chick's are now The Chicks.
Oh dear. :shock:
That's what I said. I don't like just The Chicks being used as a name, I have to say.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Funny isn't it?

They remove the part of their name that they consider offensive, and it exposes the bit that's left, that could be considered equally offensive.

The first part pro the racist South, the second part pro the "sex object" sexist.

Not much hope for "Abörted Hitler Cöck", then, genuine name of a band, and there's far more offensive than them. "Penis Flytrap" 🤣 i like that one!

There's even a Canadian one... The Rainbow Butt Monkeys.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm Funny isn't it?

They remove the part of their name that they consider offensive, and it exposes the bit that's left, that could be considered equally offensive.

The first part pro the racist South, the second part pro the "sex object" sexist.

Not much hope for "Abörted Hitler Cöck", then, genuine name of a band, and there's far more offensive than them. "Penis Flytrap" 🤣 i like that one!

Penis Flytrap? :lol: Anal Cunt is pretty offensive too. The name alone is bad but check out the “font” they use on their album covers.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Yeah, I'd seen that one.

Kind of makes Ante Bellend seem quite tame.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Kes wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm Funny isn't it?

I never had an issue with TRB name, I just think that's quirky.