The General Entertainment Thread

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

The General Entertainment Thread

Post by Black Wings »

Genesis will be touring for the first time in 13 years...I never thought it would happen, so I'm happy for this news, I just hope Phil is up to doing the shows.

Katy Perry is pregnant...I'm amazed she hid for so long. She announced it in her video for Never Worn White, which I think is a beautiful song and video.

Lady Gaga will be releasing a new album. Stupid Love is a good song, the video has to grow on me.

Tero

Re: The General Entertainment Thread

Post by Tero »

Icy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:28 pm Genesis will be touring for the first time in 13 years...I never thought it would happen, so I'm happy for this news, I just hope Phil is up to doing the shows.
I never thought they would tour in 2007, so this is just a bonus. ;)

ogre t raylot

Post by ogre t raylot »

Steven Wilson whose every release has had a limited edition box.
Kettle meet pot.
That said, it's been too long since To The Bone.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet about Led Zeppelin wins the copyright battle for Stairway To Heaven.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Icy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:28 pm Genesis will be touring for the first time in 13 years...I never thought it would happen, so I'm happy for this news, I just hope Phil is up to doing the shows.
I was so disappointed to miss the tour in 2007. So for this tour the presale tickets went on sale during my two dayshifts, and in between having to work, I kept on getting timed out by the ticket sale websites. So, on the first day of general sale, my youngest daughter said that she'd try and get a pair of tickets for me.

She rang me up in complete disbelief. She managed to get two tickets... Front row, right in the middle of the middle block of the O2.

Now all I have to do is to try to make it until the end of November doing my best at avoiding this Covid 19 shit.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 pm
I was so disappointed to miss the tour in 2007. So for this tour the presale tickets went on sale during my two dayshifts, and in between having to work, I kept on getting timed out by the ticket sale websites. So, on the first day of general sale, my youngest daughter said that she'd try and get a pair of tickets for me.

She rang me up in complete disbelief. She managed to get two tickets... Front row, right in the middle of the middle block of the O2.

Now all I have to do is to try to make it until the end of November doing my best at avoiding this Covid 19 shit.

Congratulations! I’m so jealous. Phil’s son was amazing when I saw him on the solo tour a few months ago so I can’t wait to see how he does with the Genesis material.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:22 pm

Congratulations! I’m so jealous. Phil’s son was amazing when I saw him on the solo tour a few months ago so I can’t wait to see how he does with the Genesis material.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Fingers crossed for you, Kes.

Kes

Post by Kes »

the milkman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:58 pm

Yeah, I got to see a concert on the Phil Collins 'Not Dead Yet' tour at the Royal Albert Hall before Phil had his fall. Despite the fact he had to be helped on the stage and spent the entire gig sat on a stool, it was still a good gig.

I'm still of the opinion that Phil Collins isn't Genesis, but equally, Genesis isn't Genesis without Phil Collins.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

That makes sense to me. Hopefully Peter will join them for a few songs but that’s highly unlikely.