PUB QUIZ

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: PUB QUIZ

Post by Kes »

Correct. I think most people over here who aren't big McCartney fans, wouldn't even know of the track.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Just watching the John Wayne film The Alamo, reminded me of a question.

A private collector obsessed with the historical event, in recent years donated his collection, which included two of Jim Bowie's legendary knives, and over 200 other items, to a Texas museum. Thought to be the largest private collection of The Alamo in the world.

This person is also a famous musician. Who?

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:22 am Correct. I think most people over here who aren't big McCartney fans, wouldn't even know of the track.
Really? Why wasn’t it popular in the U.K.?

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Kes wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:04 pm Just watching the John Wayne film The Alamo, reminded me of a question.

A private collector obsessed with the historical event, in recent years donated his collection, which included two of Jim Bowie's legendary knives, and over 200 other items, to a Texas museum. Thought to be the largest private collection of The Alamo in the world.

Phil Collins

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

the milkman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:58 pm
Kes wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:22 am Correct. I think most people over here who aren't big McCartney fans, wouldn't even know of the track.
It wasn't a single, so unless you knew the album, you didn't know the song. First time I heard it was when I got Pure McCartney a few years ago.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

WeeMann wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 pm
It wasn't a single, so unless you knew the album, you didn't know the song. First time I heard it was when I got Pure McCartney a few years ago.
WOW! I remember it from when I was a kid. Was there a reason why it wasn’t released in the U.K.?

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think Back Seat Of My Car was the main single off the album.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Kes wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:04 pm Just watching the John Wayne film The Alamo, reminded me of a question.

Phil Collins
Correct.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

the milkman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:56 am
Kes wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:08 pm What was Paul McCartney's first US solo #1 single? Though never released as a single at the time, in the UK.
Uncle Albert?
I thought you meant Paul on his own rather than with wings

Kes

Post by Kes »

Even when he was on his own, he was recording with Linda. In fact, I think he had a lot more "other" musicians on Tug Of War and Pipes Of Peace (McCartney albums) than Band On The Run, or Venus And Mars (Wings albums).

I normally only consider him either in The Beatles pre 1970, and solo post 1970. Wings were just the band the Beatles "could" have been.