PUB QUIZ

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: PUB QUIZ

Post by the milkman »

I still can’t get over that it wasn’t a hit in the U.K.. I tried to find out why it wasn’t released as a single but couldn’t find anything. It’s a brilliant song and one of my favorites. This is probably the most shocking thing I’ve seen on this thread so far.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

the milkman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:37 pm I still can’t get over that it wasn’t a hit in the U.K.. I tried to find out why it wasn’t released as a single but couldn’t find anything. It’s a brilliant song and one of my favorites. This is probably the most shocking thing I’ve seen on this thread so far.
I agree, it is a terrificsong.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Before it became popular as a children's toy/plaything, what was Play Doh originally used for?

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

This is all I could find.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... 70.254596/

“Actually, Paul didn't want to release any single off "Ram", but EMI insisted and Paul finally relented and let them choose the track they wanted, hence the 3 different singles that appeared in several part of the world :
- "The Back Seat Of My Car"/"Heart Of The Country in the UK + a couple of other countries
- "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey"/"Too Many People" in the US, Canada...
- "Eat At Home"/"Smile Away" in most European countries.”

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

JLP wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:13 pm Before it became popular as a children's toy/plaything, what was Play Doh originally used for?
I used to know this but can’t think of it now.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I think Back Seat Of My Car is a terrific song, and probably my favourite of his solo efforts up to Live And Let Die. One thing's for sure, Uncle Albert is a busy song.

As regards the question, I originally thought window putty, but maybe as a non-toxic cleaner.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Kes wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:41 pm I think Back Seat Of My Car is a terrific song, and probably my favourite of his solo efforts up to Live And Let Die. One thing's for sure, Uncle Albert is a busy song.

As regards the question, I originally thought window putty, but maybe as a non-toxic cleaner.
That's close enough. It was used apparently to clean wallpaper.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Which UK act had his three UK number one singles with his only three top ten hits?

Generic username

Post by Generic username »

Is it the ladbaby fella?

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Generic username wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:45 pm Is it the ladbaby fella?
I think that works but the fella I am after has had other bits that didn't make the top 10.