PUB QUIZ

Other music, TV, films and general interest
JLP
Site Admin

Re: PUB QUIZ

Post by JLP »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:45 pm
O, I'm sorry, is there a rule about this quizz, that the last person who has found the answer can ask the next question, or anyone can ask a question?
Does not really matter either way.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Just saw the rule on the first post , but thanks then :))

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:39 pm
I have several questions :)
question 1) Give at least 3 musicians who have the same artist names as 3 other musicians. (so, find 6 musicians in total) - at least 1 of them, Queen related

question 2) Which same artist wrote songs for artists including Joe Cocker and Celine Dion?

question 3) What was a commercial failure for Bowie, comparing to Frank Sinatra and Celine Dion? (so they did something similar, but only with Sinatra and Dion it was successfull)
1) Brian May, the composer who did the music for Mad Max... and Brian May from Queen.
Joe Jackson (father of Michael Jackson... died recently), was a producer; and Joe Jackson the singer
2) second question was really hard (but not if you're a fan of Dion - which i'm not) because he's a french singer ..... I'm curious who heard of him - he's a favourite in France
3) a hint for this question: all 3 of them sang songs from other people...

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Just saw this and it shocked me.

Who was the first artist to have six consecutive number one albums on the US Billboard 200?

The second artist to do this isn’t so shocking.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Not sure, but is it Beyoncé? That's the first female artist anyway to have her.... first 6 albums at number 1. (I used wikipedia but I couldn't find a better answer for now :-p )
My guess for the second would be probably the Beatles

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Mona Lisa wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:06 pm
Not sure, but is it Beyoncé? That's the first female artist anyway to have her.... first 6 albums at number 1. (I used wikipedia but I couldn't find a better answer for now :-p )
My guess for the second would be probably the Beatles
I’m so sorry, I said artist and not band. Which band was the first to have six consecutive number one albums on the Billboard 200?

I would have said the Beatles too but apparently that’s not it.

And this might be why it’s not the Beatles.

“The chart grew from a weekly top 10 list in 1956 to become a top 200 in May 1967, and acquired its present title in March 1992.”

The band that first did it has seven consecutive number one albums now.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

Ok, then you mean an band, and not an artist....
Because theoratically in the modern artists, I found Jay-Z, who had in 2003 , six consecutive 1rst albums in the top 200.
There's also Eminem. But they are artists and not bands....
So, as a band, well I know that U2 had 5 consecutive nr 1 in US but not more......

The Rolling Stones had more than 6: but were they then the first to have 6?
They had 8 consecutive nr 1 in US if I'm correct.
I guess it's a hard question :p

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

On 1rst decemver 2014, One Direction had 6 number 1 albums on the US top albums.
I counted 4 studio albums and two "video-albums".... i don't known if that counts....

And now they don't have 7 consecutive number 1 :|
:?: :D

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

I’m pretty sure they mean after 1992 when Billboard changed the name to the Billboard 200. If the Stones had 6 after 1967 they definitely mean after 1992.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Yes, they mean the first on the Billboard 200 list. That means it’s after 1992. I was still shocked by the answer.