Favorite Iron Maiden album

Other music, TV, films and general interest
WeeMann

Re: Favorite Iron Maiden album

Post by WeeMann »

the milkman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 pm I would love to find a cheap used copy of the Somewhere In Time vinyl just so I could look at the cover. I know I’m not finding it all with the CD booklet.
Surely you can find one? Do you not have any second hand vinyl shops nearby? I realise right now isn't the time, but when we're back to normal.

You'll barely find anything on the CD cover!

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 pm
the milkman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 pm I would love to find a cheap used copy of the Somewhere In Time vinyl just so I could look at the cover. I know I’m not finding it all with the CD booklet.
Surely you can find one? Do you not have any second hand vinyl shops nearby? I realise right now isn't the time, but when we're back to normal.

You'll barely find anything on the CD cover!
We have one that might have it and I’m going to check for it as soon as things get back to normal. I’ve been meaning to look for a copy for years. The only vinyl copies I own are Piece Of Mind, Killers, and Powerslave.

Ray

Post by Ray »

The Somewhere In Time cover (and back) is really great, too. I like that Blade Runner influence, also for the stage on the tour and the intro which was music from the movie.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

I will say this much, I think they have some of the creepiest but yet compelling album out there. When I was younger, some of the covers freaked me out a bit .

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:40 pmImage
Gotta be this.

They've had a load of awesome covers, but that one is far and away the most awesome if you ask me. Riggs really went all-out on it. (The fact it's so good probably factors into it being my favourite Maiden album too.)

I'd probably put Powerslave in a firm second place, followed by A Real Dead One.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Black Wings wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 am I will say this much, I think they have some of the creepiest but yet compelling album out there. When I was younger, some of the covers freaked me out a bit .
It’s sad that they don’t use the original artist anymore.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Martin Birch passed away.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Yeah, sad news.

Maiden albums never sounded even half as good after he stopped producing them.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Another live album!?!? :roll:

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

I'm actually kinda glad they did one for this tour, seeing as it was geared specifically at classic live stuff they've not done for a while or very often. The setlist had some awesome stuff in it. I was desperate to go but unfortunately didn't get the chance.

I've skipped on most of their live stuff since Rock in Rio but I'll pick this one up.