Favorite Iron Maiden album

Other music, TV, films and general interest
WeeMann

Re: Favorite Iron Maiden album

Post by WeeMann »

This was released as part of the promotion over the last couple of weeks - search for Daniel on Twitter.

Ray

Post by Ray »

Their new album "Senjutsu" will be released on September 3rd.

01. Senjutsu (8:20) (Smith/Harris)
02. Stratego (4:59) (Gers/Harris)
03. The Writing On The Wall (6:13) (Smith/Dickinson)
04. Lost In A Lost World (9:31) (Harris)
05. Days Of Future Past (4:03) (Smith/Dickinson)
06. The Time Machine (7:09) (Gers/Harris)
07. Darkest Hour (7:20) (Smith/Dickinson)
08. Death Of The Celts (10:20) (Harris)
09. The Parchment (12:39) (Harris)
10. Hell On Earth (11:19) (Harris)

I like the new song, though Maiden singles tend to rather be my least favourite songs on the albums. I like this one more than "Speed Of Light" and "El Dorado" already. I'm glad they're finally releasing it, despite still having to play the last couple of dates of the "Legacy Of The Beast" tour next year. I enjoyed "The Book Of Souls" a lot and this seems to be quite similar.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Which one did you guys order? I purchased the deluxe mediabook so hopefully it will be the same size TBOS book.

What do you think of the cover?

Ray

Post by Ray »

I'll also buy the book edition I think. Have the one for "Book Of Souls" already and also hope this has the same size.

I'd be interested in the Blu-ray of the deluxe boxset, but it's overrpriced with 100€ when about 60 of them are just for some art cards, cardboard and a poster. oO At least they have no useless cassette edition with that album. :D Imagine an edition with 6 different tapes, each for every band member... :lol:

I like the new Eddie, but I don't like the empty background...same as with the last album cover, they have so much cool artwork always, but then the cover gets that bland for some reason. Well, still better than the infamous "Dance Of Death" cover though. :lol:

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Ray wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:10 am I'll also buy the book edition I think. Have the one for "Book Of Souls" already and also hope this has the same size.

I'd be interested in the Blu-ray of the deluxe boxset, but it's overrpriced with 100€ when about 60 of them are just for some art cards, cardboard and a poster. oO At least they have no useless cassette edition with that album. :D Imagine an edition with 6 different tapes, each for every band member... :lol:

I like the new Eddie, but I don't like the empty background...same as with the last album cover, they have so much cool artwork always, but then the cover gets that bland for some reason. Well, still better than the infamous "Dance Of Death" cover though. :lol:
They really need to reissue DOD with a new cover.

I love the new Eddie but I’m like you with the background.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

the milkman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 pmThey really need to reissue DOD with a new cover.
I'm kinda surprised they haven't given how they altered the covers for the debut and Live at Donington back in the day.

Ray

Post by Ray »

I guess Steve Harris still thinks the DOD cover is great the way it is. :lol:

At least the classic logo is back since the last album.

I still wish they release a Blu-ray from the current tour...this one is really worth a Blu-ray with all its great stage elements. Saw them in 2018 on that tour and still have a second ticket for another show next year which hopefully can happen until then.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

Has a fan made that background or have they just updated the cover?

Ray

Post by Ray »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:05 am Has a fan made that background or have they just updated the cover?
Lol, they don't just reveal the album after 2 years and then change the cover a week later. ;)

It's fanmade and looks way better imo. I just wish it was in higher resolution, I'd like to use it for the mp3s later. Did the same with a fanmade alternative cover of the last album, which also looked a lot better than the original: