Favorite Iron Maiden album

Other music, TV, films and general interest
the milkman

Re: Favorite Iron Maiden album

Post by the milkman »

New song is OK, hopefully it will grow on me.

Ray

Post by Ray »

So far, I also think it's rather average. Like a mash-up of a couple of old songs. But I wait for the whole album now anyways, only 2 weeks left. I'm curious to see if it can top The Book Of Souls for me, kinda doubt it, but still looking forward of course.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

The new track's OK but its very by-the-numbers. I much preferred "The Writing on the Wall".

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:35 am The new track's OK but its very by-the-numbers. I much preferred "The Writing on the Wall".
Thats exactly what I thought.

WeeMann

Post by WeeMann »

Glad it's not just me that thought this about the new track. It's not crap, but it doesn't grab you.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Ray wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:44 am So far, I also think it's rather average. Like a mash-up of a couple of old songs. But I wait for the whole album now anyways, only 2 weeks left. I'm curious to see if it can top The Book Of Souls for me, kinda doubt it, but still looking forward of course.
I definitely hear Powerslave.

Ray

Post by Ray »

the milkman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:08 pm
Ray wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:44 am So far, I also think it's rather average. Like a mash-up of a couple of old songs. But I wait for the whole album now anyways, only 2 weeks left. I'm curious to see if it can top The Book Of Souls for me, kinda doubt it, but still looking forward of course.
I definitely hear Powerslave.
I hear a couple of songs. :lol:

I listened to "The Book Of Souls" today again and damn, is it great! The only song that's rather weak is imo "The Man Of Sorrows", but aside from that I like the album throughout. It would have been a very strong album up to "Man Of Sorrows" already, but with "Empire Of The Clouds" it ascends to masterpiece-level for me. What an unusual yet fitting "song" for a Maiden album...as if Bruce wasn't a living legend already, he came up with this on top of everything else. :lol:

I stay with my prior verdict that "The Book Of Souls" is their best album since "Seventh Son". I can't imagine "Senjutsu" being THAT good or even better, but I can't wait to hear it and maybe even be surprised that in fact it is. I'll listen to the other four "reunion-albums" in the next days too again...always nice to listen to "prepare" that way for a new album.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Book Of Souls is great but my favorite reunion album is AMOLAD.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

It’s on YouTube now if you want to listen to it. I’m going to listen to one new song and that’s it.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

The full album?

I’ve not actually ordered it yet. Might give it a listen tomorrow.