Artists you can't stand.

Other music, TV, films and general interest
WeeMann

Re: Artists you can't stand.

Post by WeeMann »

Black Wings wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:08 pm
the milkman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:56 pm I worked in a record store for years and I would be forced to listen to stuff I didn’t like. Some of my friends listen to Shinedown and I hate them too. It’s their house so I have to listen to what they play. I also hate most of the stuff I hear at the grocery store.
Oh gosh, I really like Shinedown too :lol: It's all good though, I get a kick that we don't always agree. No hard feelings just you be clear.
Just to tie a couple of threads together, I saw Shinedown supporting Maiden 2 or 3 years ago. It was my son's first proper gig experience and he's since bought all their albums. They're probably not one of those bands I'll listen to loads, but they were great live.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

WeeMann wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:29 pm
Black Wings wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:08 pm
the milkman wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:56 pm I worked in a record store for years and I would be forced to listen to stuff I didn’t like. Some of my friends listen to Shinedown and I hate them too. It’s their house so I have to listen to what they play. I also hate most of the stuff I hear at the grocery store.
Oh gosh, I really like Shinedown too :lol: It's all good though, I get a kick that we don't always agree. No hard feelings just you be clear.
Just to tie a couple of threads together, I saw Shinedown supporting Maiden 2 or 3 years ago. It was my son's first proper gig experience and he's since bought all their albums. They're probably not one of those bands I'll listen to loads, but they were great live.
Don't hate me, but I never did get into Iron Maiden all that much, but they have some very good songs out there. I actually want to learn more about them. My eldest brother is a huge fan.
Oh, small world, even i didn't know that. Shinedown to me is one of those underrated bands in my books. I'm jealous you got to see them live, and opening up for Maiden...I love it when world's collide like that.
The band I've been getting into lately is Alter Bridge.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Bon Jovi.

Every time they come on the radio I have to turn that sh*t off. No particular reason. I just don't like their sound.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Frank wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:03 am Bon Jovi.

Every time they come on the radio I have to turn that sh*t off. No particular reason. I just don't like their sound.
Wow, I thought it was just me :shock:
I don't have good memories regarding their music, especially the late 80's and the sound d track JBJ did for Young Guns, so that's why I don't like their music.

Frank

Post by Frank »

Black Wings wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 am
Frank wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:03 am Bon Jovi.

Wow, I thought it was just me :shock:
I don't have good memories regarding their music, especially the late 80's and the sound d track JBJ did for Young Guns, so that's why I don't like their music.
So glad I'm not the only one. haha

If my wife is around she gives me a dirty look for turning the radio off when Bon Jovi comes on. She loves them. Her one flaw and it had to be Bon Jovi.

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Yoko Ono

Frank

Post by Frank »

the milkman wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pmYoko Ono
I have to agree. Never took on to her all that well. And sh*t like this is bizarre. I mean, it's art, so anything goes. But...judge for yourselves.

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

There are acts that I hate more, but I've never understood why so many people adore KISS.

They sound like a second-rate imitation of other, much better bands, they look like knobs prancing around in their silly makeup, and Gene Simmons might be the biggest twat in all of celebrity (and that's bloody saying something).

the milkman

Post by the milkman »

Leigh Burne wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:01 am There are acts that I hate more, but I've never understood why so many people adore KISS.

They sound like a second-rate imitation of other, much better bands, they look like knobs prancing around in their silly makeup, and Gene Simmons might be the biggest twat in all of celebrity (and that's bloody saying something).
Agree.

I loved them when I was little and even went to a live show in 1979. When Unmasked came out I lost interest and I guess I just grew out of them.
Last edited by the milkman on Thu May 07, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Dang. I really like American Boy by Kanye and Estelle :shock: