Artists you can't stand.

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Black Wings

Re: Artists you can't stand.

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:52 pm Neil’s “Coming To America” is epic, too! He just has a spectacular voice!
AL better look out :lol:

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

Black Wings wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:37 pm
carolb57 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:52 pm Neil’s “Coming To America” is epic, too! He just has a spectacular voice!
Neil Diamond was my favorite male artist long before Adam came on the scene! I wish Adam was as good a songwriter as Neil has been through the years.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:17 pm
Black Wings wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:37 pm
Neil Diamond was my favorite male artist long before Adam came on the scene! I wish Adam was as good a songwriter as Neil has been through the years.
Sorry, I'm chuckling here, the way you describe Neil Diamond is the way you describe AL.
Nah, I don't hate Neil Diamond, just one of his songs. It's so anmoying to me.

carolb57

Post by carolb57 »

When my daughter was in high school, she was in the flag dance corps. For competition and for a half time performance at one of our local NBA team games, they prepared a flag routine to Neil’s recording of “Coming To America.” It was so emotional and beautiful that people were sobbing!

Okay, enough of that. Back to the topic ....,

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Neil Diamond is one of my guilty pleasures.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

JLP wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 am Neil Diamond is one of my guilty pleasures.
Now you shock me. ;)
Funny thing, I was thinking about starting a thread about guilty pleasues. My main two are Abba, and the Carpenters.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

carolb57 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:28 pm I saw Neil in the 90’s and he was brilliant! “Sweet Caroline” is a masterpiece!

I think they play that at Boston Red Sox games, too!
I think you're right. Iowa State used it at football games for a while and meechigan still uses it.
carolb57 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 am When my daughter was in high school, she was in the flag dance corps. For competition and for a half time performance at one of our local NBA team games, they prepared a flag routine to Neil’s recording of “Coming To America.” It was so emotional and beautiful that people were sobbing!

Great post. That experience sounds like a blast. Music is supposed to be moving and when it ties into a family memory then all the better.

Does anybody here hate an artist for reasons not pertaining to music? Gary Glitter comes to mind!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Buckeye Randy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:41 am
carolb57 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:28 pm I saw Neil in the 90’s and he was brilliant! “Sweet Caroline” is a masterpiece!

I think they play that at Boston Red Sox games, too!
I think you're right. Iowa State used it at football games for a while and meechigan still uses it.
carolb57 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 am When my daughter was in high school, she was in the flag dance corps. For competition and for a half time performance at one of our local NBA team games, they prepared a flag routine to Neil’s recording of “Coming To America.” It was so emotional and beautiful that people were sobbing!

Great post. That experience sounds like a blast. Music is supposed to be moving and when it ties into a family memory then all the better.

Does anybody here hate an artist for reasons not pertaining to music? Gary Glitter comes to mind!
Chris Brown and R Kelly.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

JLP wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:08 am Neil Diamond is one of my guilty pleasures.
:shock:

I didn't even like Buffalo Springfield - at. all.

Innuendoes
Location: Uh-Oh, We're In Trouble, Something's Come Along And It's Burst Your Bubble

Post by Innuendoes »

Artists as only in music or can that include actors and actresses?