Artists you can't stand.

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Buckeye Randy

Re: Artists you can't stand.

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Innuendoes wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 am Artists as only in music or can that include actors and actresses?
I vote for opening the hate fest to include Hollywood. While we are at it, we might as well include all public figures like talk show hosts, athletes and even people from commercials.

My dislike of actors and actresses usually has more to do with them airing their political or spiritual opinions and not so much with a bad movie. My most ridiculous reason for not liking an actress is an uncanny physical resemblance to somebody I don't like. I just can't watch the show "Mom" with Allison Janney without constantly being reminded of somebody else. I actually did a little research about Allison Janney, I was looking for a real reason to not like her. Nope, she seems delightful...except she looks like somebody I don't like!

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Innuendoes wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 am Artists as only in music or can that include actors and actresses?
Sure, why not.
I cannot stand Scarlett Johansson at all. I don't know why.

JLP
Site Admin

Post by JLP »

Friends. Cannot stay in the room if it is on. Total shite

Leigh Burne

Post by Leigh Burne »

The Big Bang Theory. F*ck that show and everyone involved.

Saw a video online once where someone had taken out the laugh track, and it showed you just how painfully unfunny it is.

Black Wings

Post by Black Wings »

Leigh Burne wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:37 pm The Big Bang Theory. F*ck that show and everyone involved.

Saw a video online once where someone had taken out the laugh track, and it showed you just how painfully unfunny it is.
I never did get into that show much, I may have watched less than 10 episodes while it was running.
I also extremely dislike Roseanne.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

"Artists I can't stand"....
..... Never looked for their name, because directly switched to something else :lol:
No, seriously........ 50 Cent.... But is it an artist?
I think that the notion of "artist" is overrated nowadays.... There are lots of music makers who are not artists at all.... And usually I can't stand those, because it sounds so ugly and vulgar.

Mona Lisa

Post by Mona Lisa »

I know they are an amazing band... So it's a highly personal opinion.....
but I can't stand Pink Floyd. Just because my brother and father listened it all my youth, so I had to hear that without choosing....
Now I know it all without listening them for 10 years!! With an exception maybe.... Always enjoyed Money. (the song :lol: )
I think Queen is much superior.

It's like a brothers fight anyway. My brother can't stand Brian solo songs.... Because I listened to it on the maximum volume.... And he called him the "Mammoth" :D I used to listen Ian Hunter solo at maximum volume, and well..... he was also a mammoth for him :lol:
Now.... Can't really stand Muse, to be honest. Although I'm really looking forward to their next albums.

O, and a French singer... Probably you heard his name... Johnny Haliday. Can't stand him at all.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Floyd are very three dimensional. There's stuff I hear on The Wall that I'd never noticed before, despite playing it hundreds of times.

Like a lot of art, if you don't get it, you don't get it. There'll be stuff that grabs you, that just doesn't affect other people. That's life.

Buckeye Randy

Post by Buckeye Randy »

Kes wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:23 am Floyd are very three dimensional. There's stuff I hear on The Wall that I'd never noticed before, despite playing it hundreds of times.

Like a lot of art, if you don't get it, you don't get it. There'll be stuff that grabs you, that just doesn't affect other people. That's life.
I can listen to "Wish You Were Here" from start to finish. I'm not a fan of the early stuff and never appreciated the two massive releases (Dark Side, Wall).

A band that I do not appreciate is Velvet Underground, I like a few songs and that's it. It isn't just a Lou Reed thing, I think "Rock n Roll Animal" and "Transformer" are great albums.

Kes

Post by Kes »

I bought The Wall back in 1979. Never did get it, or get into it, until the mid nineties, and then something just went "clunk" and everything fell into place.

With that album, I don't think it's a case of if, more a case of when. You need to be in just the right frame of mind of NOT really trying to get into it, if that makes sense.