John Mayer

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

John Mayer

Post by Kes »

Absolutely huge one side of the Atlantic, and about 10 years behind, progressively growing a following on the other.

Here's a thread to try and show the many facets and styles of the guy. There's so much stuff out there, that it won't be short of video clips. I promise you. Special thanks to everybody who made these videos available, and possible, from the very top, to the very bottom.

First, one that shows off his talents as a blues guitarist. A cover of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)

Kes

Re: John Mayer

Post by Kes »

Neon from the Nokia Theatre, LA.

A showcase snapshot of how to play three separate and individual parts, lead melody, rythmn and bass, simultaneously, on an acoustic guitar. Watch his thumb.

Kes

Post by Kes »

His "pop" side, the recent single "New Light"

Kes

Post by Kes »

Another Hendrix cover "Bold As Love". This is by the John Mayer Blues Trio. Which consists of Mayer, Pino Palladino (Bass) and Steve Jordan (Drums).

Ever wondered where Queen got their live ending for A Kind Of Magic from? They nicked it from Hendrix, as the ending of this track illustrates.

Kes

Post by Kes »

One of my favourites from the Continuum album, which I think has some of the most poignant lyrics ever put in a song. Belief.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Few cover versions to me, ever really beat the original. A great cover version of a great song. Tom Petty's Free Falliing live at the Nokia Theatre LA

Kes

Post by Kes »

Another one of his pop songs, from the Battle Studies album, Heartbreak Warfare.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Another song having a go at being worried about life, with a Trad Irish feel to it. Age Of Worry from the Born and Raised album. A live version from Letterman.

This IS the age of worry.

Kes

Post by Kes »

John says of this song "Strange how some of the most popular songs you write, come together very quickly, this was one of those". A song called In The Blood.

Kes

Post by Kes »

One of John's popular slow blues creations, Gravity from Continuum.