John Mayer

Other music, TV, films and general interest
Kes

Re: John Mayer

Post by Kes »

All three are related.

Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix figure in their careers in some way.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Battle Studies Winter Tour Video

Kes

Post by Kes »

The first song on his first album. An acoustic version from John and Robbie McIntosh. No Such Thing

Kes

Post by Kes »

World tour 2019 recap Parts 1 & 2, and 3

Kes

Post by Kes »

I guess, as Queen found out, the real benchmark is what you do in front the massive crowd you get at Rock In Rio.

His signature piece Gravity, and an absolutely mind blowing "guitar on the floor" solo in the second part of the song.

If you watch nothing else in this thread, check this one out.

Kes

Post by Kes »

A whole gig, sod it. From last year, a relatively small venue, a facebook televised show in Los Angeles, from the Dive Bar Tour. Featuring his friend Canadian singer Alessia Cara.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Most of the way through these clips, John's had some constant people around him making sure he's in a comfortable environment. A little mention for them.

René Martinez - his guitar tech, and formerly Stevie Ray Vaughn's guitar tech for about 6 years. He's the guy passing John the guitars all the time. The last gig I went to, was Manchester Arena last year, and they said at the gig, that was his last show working with John.

Chad Franscoviak - The sound engineer. A lovely guy, he really is. I've had decent chats to him a couple of times now. He's not only the live sound man, but also engineers and looks after his sound in the studio. Lives in Montana, just a few miles away from the place John spends most time at, Paradise Valley.

The band are fairly self explanatory, Pino Pallendino has a long history in popular music, probably most famous for the fretless bass work on Paul Young's Wherever I Lay My Hat. Steve Jordan has written songs with the Rolling Stones, and been a session drummer on lots of stuff. David Ryan Harris has his own solo career going along quite nicely, when he's not in John's band. The other drummer who regularly plays in John's band, is Aaron Sterling, he's played on records by Taylor Swift, Rebekka Spektor, Foreigner, Shakira, and Glen Campbell.

Kes

Post by Kes »

Two rock amp demonstration

Kes

Post by Kes »

200 Guitars - Bonus feature from Where The Light Is

Kes

Post by Kes »

Rig run down, with René Martinez.